Washington DC Exotic Storage | FerrariChat

Washington DC Exotic Storage

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by jaa1359, Mar 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Can anyone advise me as to what options are available for quality, climate controlled car storage in the DC area for exotics and classics? I'm new to the area and trying to learn my options. Thank you.

2. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Welcome to the area! Unfortunately, I don't know of a place in the Washington Metro area. But there is a car storage facility located on the outskirts of Baltimore - Owings Mills, Maryland to be exact. The owner is an FCA member and he stores a lot of classic, muscle and exotic cars at his facility.

The place is called Collector's Car Corral here is their website for me info:
    Welcome to Collectors Car Corral

Bill P.

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    About an hour south on I-95 in Fredericksburg, VA there is Classic Car Center. I have no affiliation and have never used them myself.

Here is their website info:
    Home

4. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Thanks for the tips

5. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I have looked at all of the options above (Owings Mills, Fredericksburg, and Damascus), but decided to use a facility in Jessup (near Colombia, MD) for winter storage.

Good Carma Garage is a small operation which holds a max 35 or so cars, run by an enthusiast. It is very secure and well run, and they allow for trickle chargers as well. It is not particularly convenient if you want to be able to go in and out often, however. I use it only for extended winter storage when I need to give up my garage space to my wife. Good Carma Garage

Another option which has come up in the last couple of years, and which is a bit closer to DC, is in the Montgomery County Airpark area. It seems to be better if you want to go in and out a lot, and it has some other facilities. It is also a couple of hundred feet away from Competizione, which is a nice perk. However, I did not like the fact that access was available anytime to anyone renting a space. Home - Secure Indoor & Outdoor

6. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Great info. Much appreciated

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thanks, Scott. I did find a great place outside the city, but always happy to consider other options.

8. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned Dulles Car Concierges. Operation is run by Darryl Nichols, also a fantastic detail shop.

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Darryl is great but very small and kind of a cluster F in his shop.

10. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    He has two locations, one just storage, and its a working man's shop, so of course the front is busy. The area with the car storage is spotless, always. I've never heard one negative comment about his services, only praise. The cluster **** comment is entirely uncalled for and completely incorrect.

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You dont have to agree. I've been there numerous times and as much as I like him I wouldn't leave a car there.

12. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Aren't you actually a competitor of Darryl's?? I've had nearly a dozen full paint corrections plus ceramic done by Darryl, had the mechanic he share's space with do many jobs on my cars, always perfect. He has a stellar reputation throughout the local car community. I've never heard one single solitary bad experience. And his storage business has overflowed into additional accommodations.

Darryl's top notch, people. If you need reviews, hit the cars and coffee facebook pages and ask around.

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No we dont compete, we are at a different level. I also used him for years and he does decent work. We will still refer certain work to him and I wish him well.

14. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Doesn't really sound that way, calling BS. You wish him well but you're happy to leave permanent disparaging remarks about his shop? Darryl's a genuinely nice guy that does perfect work, not possible to be a different level from Darryl in actual results, maybe price and accommodations but then I'm there for the paint work, not the waiting room and a latte.

And as stated, his concierge area is spotless, always.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Call it whatever you like, makes no difference to me. People can go by and see for themselves.

16. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Both parties have stated opinions, time to move on.