Performante spyder vs 458 spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Performante spyder vs 458 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dr. K, Aug 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Had that been a Perf Spyder, that helmet rub would have been a lot worse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    I didn’t like the visibility in the Perf and the materials used (lots of plastic parts-felt a bit cheap to me). It was too fast for the street to really enjoy it- handling was insane with AWD plus the ALA system. I ended up with 360 CS. I’m not sure what the 16M goes for these days, but maybe that’s worth a look?

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The whole "too fast for the street" is very subjective. I find a 350CS great on a small track, but the speed is definitely not there for a nice open stretch of road.

It is also worth noting that the maintenance and finish of the 430 is very different. The dct era cars changed a lot in so many ways. You don't see the same lack of build quality on a 458 as you do on a 430.

For someone looking for a modern car, the 430 is not really an option.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Coincid and Ash Patel like this.
  4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    The Huracan Performate will absolutely kill a 458 in speed. 1/4 mile or road course the Huracan Perf is a much faster car. Also the Huracan Perf has more updated interior electronics and its DTC transmission is awesome. I'm a Ferrari guy but with this comparo the Huracan is much better than the 458.

09Scuderia, Coincid and Ash Patel like this.
  5. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    Agreed. If “modern” a requirement 360 and 430 don’t fit.

6. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    +1 I own both and the Huracan, even though mine is the basic 580-2 it feels more nimble, a lot faster and more alive when pushing it to be honest. A lot easier to drift as well. Agree on the interior being a lot of plastic though if you compared to a loaded 458 with all cf inside (which mine has) but other then that which in my book is a minor thing, this car is a perfect NA modern daily driver sports car. Off course you can just find a PF with all the baked carbon inside, I think most of the PF here in Sweden comes with this though

Surfah likes this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    My Pista I found too fast for the streets, but the Perf with awd I found to be perfect.

09Scuderia likes this.
  8. Dr. K

Dr. K Rookie

Jul 28, 2019
    Boston MA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I will say I do prefer the analogue tachometer of the 458 and other f cars over the completely digital huracan one. Just looks more authentic, especially with the direction of more modern interiors.

xfrgtr likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Performante interior is replete with an ample amount of standard forged carbon fibre as well as Alcantara. The plastic pieces include the climate and media control buttons. The 458 still suffers from the sticky buttons and the climate control assembly is extremely cheap looking and not only unattractive it is wholly unbefitting a super car.

Boomhauer and Ash Patel like this.
  10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    #35 Surfah, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    My 458 Spider had cheap looking plastic interior trim as well.

My Huracan has the Sportivo alcantara interior which looks fantastic, feels like a proper sports car and is a reasonably priced option at $2100.

I have the roof lining and A-pillars in Alcantara as well and I believe at $1400 this is more reasonable than Ferrari's pricing.

Something else to mention regarding the interior is that the Huracan's A/C blows ice cold while the 458's A/C is embarassingly anemic.

To me the all digital tach/speedometer feels more modern and is simple to toggle between Nav/Media/Phone with the push of a button.

I prefer the driver-oriented fighter jet setup of the Huracan.

Finally, I haven't read of many besides yourself cross-shopping a CS with a HP Spyder. The 458 feels one generation older, the CS three generations older.

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This is pretty much what I see as well.

Surfah likes this.
  12. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Well Im biased with a 458 spider. I'm 6'4. I would love to look at Lambos but I can fit in them (I haven't driven one given issue). I guess it depends on how you use the car. If you will do more long distance street driving I think the 458 comfort rules there. If its the track then no question the HP works. Lambos kind of all look the same to me too so the 458 styling is an appeal to me. Also, in my area, there are more lambos around so the 458 feels more unique in that respect.