MS Flight Sim 2020 | FerrariChat

MS Flight Sim 2020

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by max930, Aug 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Game came out yesterday and I have it for my PC. All I can say is wow!!!!!!! I have to get a joystick, mine broke. But have checked out the game and its amazing.

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    max930 likes this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Did they use Google Earth for the map or did they reconstruct it from scratch??? I looked at where I grew up and it's spot on and similar to Google Earth, but not exactly (mainly the lakes in Earth aren't reflective but are in Flight Sim).

4. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I don't know if they used Google Earth, but pretty sure they used Sat imaging. I haven't really flown around yet, cause no joystick is a pain. I went to Best Buy tonight, but the decent joysticks sold out. So far I've just seen around Seattle. I've been there many times and even lived there for a year. The detail is amazing. When I get the joystick the test will be the house I grew up in. Its on a beach. My dad had a beech sundowner and Piper Saratoga. He buzzed the beach many times.......................... Love to recreate that. I have a picture from one of our planes. Image Unavailable, Please Login

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  5. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    They use Bing Maps data.

6. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Why would they use a competitor's maps??? They use Bing.

7. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Bing? I always used Standard Oil or Shell road maps. Always worked for me.

energy88, islerodreaming and Tcar like this.
  8. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I forgot about Bing. Still no joystick, but I flew the Cessna 152 by keyboard around areas known by me. I lived and still have property in Central Washington State. So first stop was the town there. Super impressed. It even had my building in the correct spot and our road on our hill. I did my hometown, it had houses on the beach I grew up on. The towns malls and even high school all correct. I decided to try a more complicated area that I'm familiar with. Cienfuegos Cuba. There too the graphics pretty accurate. I can't wait until Best Buy restocks the joystick I want! I paid roughly $200 CDN for the game and it is worth every penny.

9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    If you can't find flight stick, I heard the Xbox controller works well enough on it. It would be better than mouse/key alone.

10. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm on a PC desktop, so no Xbox controllers. A feature I discovered is the air traffic is taken from real world data. So you encounter a plane in the game, that plane is there in real life.

msquared likes this.
  11. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Xbox controllers work fine on PC. Get a bluetooth adapter if you don't have it, or get a wired controller.

Jaguar36 and max930 like this.
  12. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'll just wait for the joystick I want................ Going to upgrade my graphics card too. Currently do get some glitches in frame rates when graphics cranked to full. The town I was flying around yesterday. It had all the malls in the right places and even a car dealership in the correct spot. So I want a realistic controller to go with the pretty close to real scenery.

13. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    One of the things I like about flight sim since version FS98 is developers can develop scenery, planes and panels, etc. to insert in the game. Many people make detailed flyable planes for the sim free. a site for this here: https://simviation.com/1/front-page I'm hoping the community develops planes for this one like the past versions. In the past it was possible to find pretty much any plane you want.

14. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    We are friends with Austin Meyer, creator of X-Plane. Any idea how this compares? https://www.x-plane.com

Austin also really is the creator of Auto Land. He actually met with Garmin and showed them how to do it. I flew with him while he beta tested early models of it.

15. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    X-plane is good and better then the last version of MSFS. But the new version of MSFS blows it away.

16. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    arizonaitalian and technom3 like this.