Ferrari dealership/ oil leaks dramas | FerrariChat

Ferrari dealership/ oil leaks dramas

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Aj360, Aug 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    So boys had my belts done cam cover gasgets end plate gasgets cam seal gasgets the whole spin 80kms ago .. rolled into local Ferrari dealer/ service get a look over figured why not ;) they found that the cam seal gasget is leaking and cam cover gasget .. nope don’t want to go back to the spastic that’s done it cause he’s a typical wannabe rocket scientist with no clue obviously ...going off what they are saying showing me the leaks to it is happening ... question is can I just try get the them to do the cam cover gasget and the cam seal gasget that’s leaking or is it the full job again ??? Thought would ask here so I got some ammo to go in with mite save myself some cash and stress ...

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Are you 100% sure they are leaking? Dealers like to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Dealers will bash anybody who is not them just to make a buck. That said...

It seems you do not trust the shop you employed to do the work on your car. Otherwise you would have not taken to a dealer less then 100km after the service was performed. It seems you may be looking to get somthing for free.

cesarsim likes this.
  3. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    Looking for something for free ?? Mate it’s pissing out with oil .. not only that the bloke before said he would fix it for free I don’t want to take my car somewhere that can’t do the work proper .. if I was out for free I would be back there now .. this is the same bloke who drilled my thermostat to keep my Ferrari 360 cooler ...

Understand about dealerships but they aren’t out for a cash in ... simply pointed the obvious and didn’t bash the last person at all said it wasn’t done proper ...

So that’s the story my man

4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    On a 360, the cam seals have to be done with the timing belts off the car, again.

Aj360 likes this.
  5. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj

Yeah my man i was having chat with the boys around there they said cams out engine can stay in .. the guy before who did the major not slamming him but he did say he didn’t take the cams out when he did the cam cover gasgets :( lesson learned mate ;)but other than that she’s great

6. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    My bad typo cam seal gasgets

7. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Cam cover gasket can be done relatively easy, for a Ferrari.

8. Aj360

Aj360 Karting

Dec 28, 2018
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    A j -aj
    yeah man few little sticky touch ups and she will be good to go all part of the journey of having a Ferrari ;)