Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I used to be a college MATH teacher and spent my career as a computer scientist.
    People misuse the word "exponentially" all the time,
    There is a branch of computer science dedicated to understanding how hard (how long) a computation is (long it will take) that goes through the progression {fixed, linear, quadratic, cubic, exponential, polynomial, non-deterministic polynomial, and "really hard"} non-deterministic polynomial is subdivided into {NP, NP-complete, and NP-hard} if any NP-complete algorithm can be proven to be in NP, then all of them are in NP--this has been an outstanding problem since the mid 1960s.... Traveling salesman problem is NP-complete.

I have known what it meant since about 1973...........and use it for real work dozens of times per year.

2. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Cheers, mate. A mug’s on me if you’re ever in New York.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Or.......his amorous entanglement preferences; not that there is anything wrong with that.

4. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Lauda in 1975 and 1977. Now please kindly retort. ;)

5. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Massa was the 2008 WDC.... UNTIL a Toyota [I bet most of you do not even remember the driver] mysteriously lost pace and 40 seconds on the last lap; just to suddenly find speed as soon as LH44 got past...... :)

6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    So..... you value over intellect? I respect your decision, even as flawed as it is.

This is the best part about freedom of expression that we enjoy ; that we can have opposing points of view without having to offend one another.

7. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I agree with you, but don't waste anymore time on KTU.

8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So far we have 2 posters who believe Schumacher did more for Mercedes success than Hamilton (i'm not making this up)

DGPF, Patrick Dixon and josephr25 like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think they mean that Schumacher did a lot to lay the foundation and development of the team as is.
    Im sure Lewis is fine at tuning and developing cars but that was one of Schumacher’s forte. After all he did help with the Enzo and the 360cs which ended up being masterpieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #160 ktu, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    I agree, i know Schumacher, Brawn and others laid the foundation of the team. However they said Schumacher himself contributed more to Mercedes success than Hamilton, even with out driving a car since 2012, when they finished 5th best team.

11. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    The old Lewis-is-gay trope once again?

12. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #162 ylshih, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Flavio_C: Introducing P&R to a discussion. 30-day ban.

m5shiv: Continuing the P&R theme after most everyone else avoided it. 7-day ban.

jpalmito: Participating in a P&R discussion. 2-day ban.

DGPF and paulchua like this.
  13. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    I like Hamilton.

Sure he seems fake, and has lots of dumb ideas (Veganism, even for his dog....Christ) I think he is an ok bloke.

The positivity schtick is a bit overblown, but I have to hand it to him. He does work at it.

It is true that he gets skewered 10X for any character flaw compared to other drivers.

Case in point is the last race. Max was a petulant child last race, complaining incessantly on the radio, (rightfully) arguing with his engineer about tires.

He’s hailed as a mature hero on reddit.

Same race Mercedes wants to bring Lewis in for softs, Lewis questions that call and tells them that he wants mediums, not the softs.

He gets skewered on Reddit for daring to question Mercedes. People were saying how it’s all the car, he’s stupid and let the engineer do the thinking and just drive, etc etc.

After the race Toto admits that Lewis made the right call as Valtteri was put on softs and finished 3rd.

And on and on.

I put Lewis up there alongside the other greats. During this COVID boredom I’ve watched every season since 1996 on F1TV.

To say that he had no competition is downright wrong in my opinion. He had plenty of it. He’s a great driver period. And to me an ok person, despite it all.

grab it, DGPF, cmos and 7 others like this.
  14. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    With me that makes 3

Jakuzzi likes this.
  15. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    #165 Patrick Dixon, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2020
    Absolutely nothing mysterious about it; GLO was on old dry weather tyres on a wet track (the only reason he was even in front of HAM was because he didn't change and HAM did) and he had zero grip. He could barely make it up the hill.

There really is no hope for all you people who seriously believe all this conspiracy ****.

DGPF, cmos, Jakuzzi and 3 others like this.
  16. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    For a F1 centered section on a Ferrari forum, it's amazing how much of the discussion continuously revolves around Lewis & Mercedes.

I think he'd be quite chuffed to know how rent-free he remains with the same members who refuse to give a kilometer to acknowledging anything he does.

DGPF and Cavallino Nero Rampante like this.
  17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Respectfully disagree. I will give you 1977(not to mention his heroic 1976 season)but the 312T of 1975 was the class of the field.

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  18. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I know Rene, and I think he'd agree 100%. Mansell who knows.

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  19. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

Like I said we're just going to disagree. You clearly have not had any racing experience other than watching it. during a race you are using all the Intelligence factors you noted above over and over. The higher you go in the sport the more of it you use. understanding what the car is doing in the moment and then being able to translate that back to engineering while still driving takes a lot of intellect... the emotional knowledge EQ? is perhaps what you mean, is critical to not losing control ... and the critical thinking is what keeps people from doing a Vettel at Baku every week... logic and intellect has to be combined with performance to win.. that is why Engineers don't make $40M a year.

21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

You never know, Lewis might even fancy a challenge and drive for Ferrari !

Or perhaps not :D

22. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    well better than that...

Lauda in 84, Senna in 88, Prost in 89... to name a few... Hill in 96 - for that matter anyone who won a championship in a Williams...

Jakuzzi likes this.
  23. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    you could also say Andretti's win in 78 was tight- Peterson was not #2 until almost the end....

375+ likes this.
  24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Mario always had the better car, for awhile they ran both the 79 and the 78. IIRC Ronnie ran more races in the 78, possibly because it was a back-up car? Working from memory here, not certain.

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    You said it....

Jakuzzi likes this.