Need a shop/mobile guy for PPI in southern VT... so north MA, Albany Area? | FerrariChat

Need a shop/mobile guy for PPI in southern VT... so north MA, Albany Area?

Discussion in 'New England' started by yudkib, Aug 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    Weeeeelll it's been 8 months and I'm still looking for the right car. I've got a promising lead on one in southern VT and boy does that area look like a desert for decent Italian shops.

I can take it north a couple hours to RPM, but they mainly do classics it seems
    I can take it many hours east to the Boston suburbs for one of 50 places, but that's definitely the longest ride, and I'm sure a flatbed would cost a fortune.
    I can take it a couple hours west to one of the German shops near Albany,
    or I can go a couple hours toward Saratoga to German Auto Haus in Burnt Hills

The car is consigned to a euro service shop owner, so if there's someone who travels there are a lift and tools available. I have no idea what my plan is at the moment. I might try to talk the guy into a material misrepresentation rescission period. Hey, if it's good enough for Southebys right now, maybe it's good enough for him.

Help is greatly appreciated!

2. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Now that David Feinberg has moved to Sarasota, the only shop I know of in NH is HM Motor Works in Merrimack, NH. No experience with HM.
    Tony Fernandes, Autohuas of Boston used to do on customer site work but Tony is south of Boston in Braintree. Several hours up and back to southern Vermont. He may have a transport company that could help if that is the direction you want to go.

3. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    I think I saw another F-Chat tech consultant who was in NH but relocated to I want to say New Orleans? Not sure who's around to fill the void.

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Whereabout's in southern Vemont is the car? You can pm me if you prefer. I've lived in southern Vt (stratton mountain) for the last 24 years and know most of the car shops down here. It's really tough to find someone to work on a newer Ferrari down here but I can think of two shops that might be able to help you.

5. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    PM incoming

6. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    In keeping on brand, I drove 7 hours round trip to see this car last night, slept on it, called with a deposit today, and found out it sold this morning. Thanks all

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sorry to hear, but don't despair, things always work out for the best. I'll bet dollars to donuts you'll find a better car in the near future!

8. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    Thanks. Been looking 8 months, and lost out on all 3 of these I was willing to put a deposit on by less than a day. I’m probably gonna listen to the universe and just give up on 4200’s for a while.