Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 197 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    New 2019 EU regulations. The cars must default in the Stop-Start ON position. I know, madness...

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ive thought about converting the entire garage to Ferrari. But honestly I like Porsche, I like Mclaren. I like AMG Mercedes. I have a BMW M8 that I adore as a daily. Too many great cars out there to get bogged down with just one brand. But yeah, a Pista, 812 and maybe the little brother V6 might be a fun trio for a bit.

LARRYH, sampelligrino and mdrums like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Lamborghini only defaults in Strata mode. In sport and corsa, auto start/stop automatically is defeated.

4. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #4904 jim g, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    I have the Sport cup 2's on my F8 and they're fantastic, I even found that they even aid traction in straight line acceleration. I'm glad your paint came in great mine had a lot to be desired. Enjoy your car I love mine.

sampelligrino, Jo Sta7 and Coincid like this.
  5. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Thanks for the F8 review. Indeed GP is a class act along with the entire team at FoO. Look forward to seeing your car on the local roads.

Coincid likes this.
  6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Yes, I would get mine in April 2022, sorry I’m not that patient, I would even forget I’ve bought a car. Probably will go with Pista...

mdrums likes this.
  7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I did my whole garage Porsche once...GT3 for weekend fun and track car, Panamera GTS wife’s car and dinner car, Macan was my travel work car.

GT3 replaced with 488, wife still has the Panamera and the Macan didn’t work out at all...so I’m back in a Jeep Grand Cherokee for work travel vehicle.

sampelligrino and SoCal to az like this.
  8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Same here...no way I could wait a year or more on a damn car...forget that I will buy something else to drive and have fun with now.

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Buy a Pista and I’ll drive it for free for a year or two and then get the F8 when it comes. Maybe maybe not free but minimal cost Nonetheless

Ash Patel and tekaefixe like this.
  10. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Not sure if you posted elsewhere, but can you share your spec or point me to it? Congrats again!

Coincid likes this.
  11. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Received the VIN for my F8 on Ferrari app. How long does it take to finish from there? Anyone knows?

12. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Coincid and Lukeylikey, I trust and believe your reviews over almost all the so called professionals. The mistake I made with only very short (4 miles) test was to concentrate only on the sound or lack of instead of appreciating everything else that is perfect. While I am glad I have the 812 for sound and very much missing my 488, maybe the F-8 would be a great garage mate for the 812 and ZR1???

Ash Patel, Coincid and jim g like this.
  13. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    #4913 racerdj, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    I was able to drive a Tributo for over an hour with all kinds of roads and traffic. This is what I should have done back last winter but the demo's had not arrived here in the USA.

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I agree, 812 and F8 are ideal together. They both offer something very different, the 812 more of an old-school Ferrari in the best tradition, the F8 faster (for most people) and easier to extract amazing performance from, as well as being a bit more exotic to look at. They offer very different experiences from behind the wheel. The F8 would not be unfamiliar if you have had a 488, it’s just quite a bit better in most areas.

racerdj and Coincid like this.
  15. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I tend to agree that variety is the spice of life.

Plus there are other brands out there that do better products. Like an AMG and Porsche that are better daily’s.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Some angles of the F8 are breathtaking. Some not as much. It's got elegance to it though that the 488 was missing but the 458 possesses.

LMH and Maggio23 like this.
  17. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes indeed the F8 and 812 are a great pair and neither is jealous of the other. They even enjoy sharing the garage with a Ford GT... Three very different driving experiences!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Napoli likes this.
  18. EzyMode

EzyMode Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
  19. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The release of the F8 got me really by surprise and this might be the first time I hear someone having the more limited and expensive car (not saying better just because of that) as a back-up plan :)

But I can understand your frustration, there are a couple of Pistas here for sale but no where a F8 to be seen... :(

20. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Not only that, the F8 has PF (more complications and maintenance in the future), year and a half waiting and 396k as opposeded to 390k for a Pista with all the options (including carbon wheels that I dont need).
    Finally, like many people in the forum said, the F8 will probably go down in value A LOT when the new sexier little brother comes out to the market the pista will hold it's value better.
    For me Pista only has one problem, sticky buttons :D (eventually).

21. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Seems like Grigio Silverstone to me.