Finally got my FF a couple days ago, pics and impressions... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Finally got my FF a couple days ago, pics and impressions...

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by dgoldenz94, Aug 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    i think any track use voids the CPO warranty.

2. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have original rotors. I bought car 15 monts ago with 28k miles. Not sure if pads have been replaced. The trick to long break life is not use your breaks at 175 mph. Just take your foot off the gas and let the car slow down.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Dayskipper likes this.
  3. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    You cannot buy an extended warranty after 54k miles

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

4. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Rear rotors will wear out earlier unless you drive with TC off most of the time. Really don't mind the rear rotors being steel.

Would love to see a set of steel rotors offered through GiroDisc. I have spoken to them but they have not been able to do any measurements. If anyone is willing to part with their OEM rotors for a few days, GiroDisc will pay overnight shipping to measure those rotors. If anyone is near Washington, drop by and they will measure. Ask for Mike at GiroDisc.

If you plan to track this car frequently, go for LussoT unless you plan to have the PTU rebuilt.

vraa likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Honestly too much to loose if ur budget isn’t huge to track the FF. Personally I stick to spirited canyon drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki likes this.
  6. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    Any updates? Did everything get resolved?

7. dgoldenz94

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    They decided to take the car back, but it's still sitting in my garage waiting to be picked up. Not sure if they are going to put it back on the market or what.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Oh wow- sorry to read! So they paid you back? I looking for another one?

9. dgoldenz94

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    They want the car back before releasing funds which is understandable, but the whole thing has dragged on for a while now, getting a bit annoyed since I’m still paying insurance and interest on a car I can’t drive.

Looking for another but haven’t found any with a build I really like and it seems the market has gone up like all used cars have been, so that sucks.

ScottS likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m sorry! Sucks! Hopefully it helps you down the line and you dodged a bullet!

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sorry to hear. Since you mentioned meeting up with Vegasviper I think that was you I spotted at fabulous Freddie's on Charleston two weeks ago.

12. dgoldenz94

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Yep that was me, I was afraid I was going to run out of gas, car went from showing 105 miles remaining down to 35 in a 4 mile trip from my house to Tivoli, lol. Vegasviper's car sounds insane with the Kline exhaust, what a difference from stock!

ryalex likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

I got full kline on mine! It’s nice!

14. sisiay

sisiay Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2019
    Encinitas, CA
    Ugh, sorry it didn't work out, but glad you're not stuck with something that wasn't what you expected. Happy they took responsibility but sorry it's taking so long. Good luck with the hunt! Be patient, the right car is out there.

15. dgoldenz94

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Finally got all of my money back except the $1500 I paid to have it delivered, so I'm still fighting to get that part back. The car was put back up for sale and none of the pictures show the damages that it was returned for (shady, IMO). If anyone is considering this car I would strongly encourage you to look at it in person before putting down any deposit. PM me if needed.

350MH83 and vegasviper like this.
  16. vegasviper

vegasviper Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2005
    Las Vegas,NV
    Good to hear its (mostly) worked out for you.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Shady indeed! How bad was it? Can they fix it? Are they asking same price?

18. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    I bought my Cali T from a dealer, CPO car with the New Power warranty, two months ago. It arrived with a broken front camera and on Friday, my local dealer said it has an oil leak that requires engine-out service. What does CPO look for if it misses items like a broken camera and oil leak?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. dgoldenz94

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    #69 dgoldenz94, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    It's pretty bad, the leather interior "cannot be fixed" is what I was told by two specialty leather shops including the one recommended by the local dealer. There was also a dent with paint damage on the front right fender (seriously) where the only way to fix it is to replace the entire panel, two paint bubbles, and a broken reflector. The estimate to fix the paint damage on that panel was $7k. The A/C panel on the interior was also so loose that you could slide it from side to side as if there was no adhesive backing it.

I have given the dealer every opportunity to do this the easy way, but if they want to do it the hard way we can do that too. Another forum member also contacted me yesterday about a recent purchase from them with a similar scenario on a CPO car, coincidentally with the same exact salesperson.

I paid $100k, they re-listed it for $130k and then quickly dropped it to $115k, now $108k. IMO it is an $80k car with the existing damage not fixed.

20. dgoldenz94

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    From what I have been finding out from numerous reports, CPO means almost nothing on a Ferrari. What a joke. I have always been a Porsche guy and they ALWAYS stand behind their product and CPO means CPO, the cars are always in great condition. Ferrari seems like they could care less what their dealers are selling as CPO. I have even seen references on this forum that some dealers take it more seriously than others, which is absurd.

SECRET and timjen88 like this.
  21. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I agree, I bought a F430 a few years back and had to pay for so many things I thought should have been caught by the CPO, but no chance, now I go to Ferrari owners and found they are much more trustworthy than many CPO dealerships!

22. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I always thought owner consignment vehicles have better condition and history comparing to dealer’s pre-owned inventory.

SECRET, Darkshear and timjen88 like this.
  23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Honestly, I think it depends on the dealer. Have never had a problem with Ferrari of Atlanta and cannot imagine them failing to stand behind any car sale.

24. dgoldenz94

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    #74 dgoldenz94, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Well the dealership has decided they will not refund the $1500 transportation cost I paid which I specifically mentioned including when agreeing to return the car. I will make a separate post detailing my (incredibly poor) experience with Ferrari of San Antonio with full details, pictures, and video.

If you look at the listing, you will see that none of the pictures show any close-ups of the damage I reported which IMO is incredibly shady since they are obviously aware of it - https://sanantonio.ferraridealers.com/en_us/search-used-ferrari/2013/ferrari/ff/2013_ferrari_ff-ferrari_of_san_antonio-ZFF73SKA3D0190679

In picture 14, you can even see the dent in the wheelwell that was paint damaged on the left side if you look closely, but there is no close-up.

Here is the email the GM sent me, notice how he acknowledges the lack of communication at the beginning (which is all on their end) and then blames me for this at the end:

David,

While the response has been slower than we both would like; I believe we have been more than accommodating in rectifying the situation. When we discussed the issue; I said that I would repurchase the car and return all of your dollars you’ve spent with us. We’ve borne the brunt of a situation that has two culpable parties and I’m not willing to shoulder anymore.

Ferrari Customer Care is managed by Thomas Fleming; [email protected].

Best,

Grenville (Gren) Lewis V
    General Manager

25. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    That is NUTS

I bought my FF unseen through Kat @ Continental in Chicago (I think Chicago)

Everything was in pristine condition, they even put the car up on a lift for me and took off the panels so I could examine the (lack of) rust

No sticky rubber, no damage to the car, even came with an extra set of wheels!!