Well boys... she was fun while she lasted. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Well boys... she was fun while she lasted.

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Aug 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I am the same. I wake up at 3:00 am thinking about the next car and end up wandering over to my office searching the Ferrari approved cars.

The wrap on the last one was the same color as exterior since I did the paint style wrap, but I might end up going a different color on the next one. There are two must-haves for me right now on the Cali T. Apple Car Play, and the LED wheel. Other than that, I am kind of open to getting a good price on a low mileage car.

I work from home and keep my car in the garage so the black really does not bother me all that bad.

I did use to have a satin white Maserati that to this day was hands down my favorite color in a car. I might just end up wrapping my next one in white like this, with a black top. I always loved that look.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Sorry To hear about your car. Least you can get a cal t now. Re diminished value. It’s legit. My wife had a p100d that was hit by a texting teen. They paid the repairs around 20k. I filled the diminishing value claim. They balked at first and offered me $1000 to settle it. They said “how can you prove its diminished value unless you sell”.

It was a good point - so I put the car up for sale to Tesla. They offered me about 15k less than equal cars were selling at auction. I gave the insurance company the offer and they wrote me a 15k check the next day.

3. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Haha now that’s awesome!

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Of course, with a totaled car, it turns into a different fight as diminished value is not on the table.....don't forget to look into payment for a rental (of the same class of car that was damaged) from the day of the incident until the loss is declared, and pain & suffering. Hire an attorney.

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Wow, a 20:15 ratio is pretty good...you did well.

6. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Yep, I already have an attorney on standby for when its time to go after the other insurance company for the loss of use. I actually ended up finding him through Lance Coren. Lance is the go-to guy on the forums for info when you get in a wreck.

I hope to have all this sorted out by this week or early next. Fingers crossed!

7. OmegaPO8500

OmegaPO8500 Rookie

Sep 19, 2014
    Ouch! Sorry to see this happen.

The most important thing is always that no one was hurt (not that it isn't a downer and frustrating) but if you are now able to get into a T well then it cannot be all bad.

Be sure to share the next ride when you get it!

8. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Sorry about your crash, enjoy the hunt for a Cali T! You will miss the exhaust growl of your old one until you put your right foot down.

9. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I have a feeling I will be adding some aftermarket exhaust once I find the right car.

10. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I actually wound up with my Cali-30 because of very similar damage to my MB SL63 AMG. USAA totaled it and gave me more than I could’ve hoped for. I decided it was now or never to look for an F car and found this beauty at Ferrari of Newport Beach. Hope your situation works out as well.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Love the color of your car! It looks stunning in the photos and can only imagine in person! Congrats on the F-Car!

Bill Phillips likes this.
  12. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Beauty.
    Burgundy interior?
    T

13. Bill Phillips

Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    tomc likes this.
  14. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    What a find! Enjoy it!

15. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    How do you keep the light interior looking so good?

16. Bill Phillips

Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    So far I’ve just been careful ;-)

17. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    You mean that you can drive without actually sitting on the seat?;)

18. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    Russell ,

What ended up happening with this? Curious how you fared with the insurance company on establishing value and how much of a fight was it? Did you go at it alone or end up going with an attorney?

Reading all your other posts it looks like it may have ended up well, after all you’re getting a California T to replace the California!

Thank you for sharing your experiences I’m sure it will help all of us in the future, though I hope to not need it personally... lol

A

19. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    OMG...gorgeous inside and out!

20. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    It actually played out pretty well with insurance. Since there were not many cars for them to base my valuation on, it ended up being in the higher range. I did end up getting an attorney who Steve and Boardwalk Ferrari recommended. She is also a member here on the forms (Pantea Pourabbas Attorney at Law Nourian Law Firm). She helped a TON in this process since this was the first totaled car I had been in. We are still working on other parts of the claim, so I don't want to go deep in it but get an attorney to help if you get in an accident.

As for the upgrade to the T, that really didn't have much to do with a payout or anything. It was more that I should have made that jump out of the gate. Once I drove the T, it was just lightyears ahead in my opinion. I do miss the louder exhaust, but everything else makes up for it.

AClark likes this.
  21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Your insurance system is way crazy. I never heard of such a system.

lfc8 likes this.