330GTC or 365GTC license plate frame | FerrariChat

330GTC or 365GTC license plate frame

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by kjw9028, May 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    Anyone know where to find the rear bracket and frame for a 69 365GTC? A diagram to fabricate one would be helpful as well. Somehow after leaving Beverly Hills Ferrari to be shipped to me in Ohio a couple of years back, mine disappeared. Thanks for any help!

Ken

2. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ken,

Will a regular US plate fit between the lights? I can’t get one to fit, and run the original plates and my US plate in the rear window with some suction cups.

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    I believe so. I think the frame bolts onto the 2 slats in each license plate light bracket and then the frame attaches to that.

4. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Ken, have u been able to find the brackets?

5. SYake

SYake Karting

May 15, 2005
    NoVA
    A few years back, I purchased a reproduction from Gary Bobileff for my Queen Mother.

6. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    No, I have not found anything yet.

7. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    Still trying to figure out rear license plate bracket for my 69 365GTC. Same part on 330GTC. Anyone aware of any or is there someone who fabricates them? Thanks

Ken

8. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
  9. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Or are you talking about a license plate frame?

10. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    My car isn't at my house right now, but I am 99% sure that a US sized plate will not fit between the lights. My car was originally an Italian car which lived in Africa for a long time, and still wears a South African plate. I suction cup my US state plate on the rear window.

11. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    Thats part of it. I need those 2 brackets that attach to the license plate light. What attaches to these 2 brackets? Thanks

Ken

12. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    are you talking about the little brackets or the large brackets the attach to the rear tail panel?

13. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    Smaller brackets that attach to larger.

14. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you are sure that this is orinal?
    looks for me like selfmade with the license plate lighting from a fiat 124 spider

15. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    smaller brackets attach to metal license plate - backing plate. The backing plate and the license plate could have a chrome surround as well.

If you need the smaller brackets - i have made some of them......we are working on the backing plate and have purchased recently a chrome license plate frame.

16. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Also - those large red brackets (that mount to the tail panel) and hold the license plate lights, have 2 sets of holes in them in the event you need to move the lights closer or further way due to the plate size. You can see these in my pic above

17. kjw9028

kjw9028 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 3, 2010
    Sylvania,Oh-Naples,F
    Full Name:
    Ken Wise
    Thanks Ed, that's definitely it. I've tried posting a picture, but am having trouble. My lights look like yours, with the exception that my larger brackets are black. My car had the assembly when I purchased it 5 years ago but it mysteriously disappeared in transit from Ferrari of Beverly Hills, where I had the Classiche done, to our house in Ohio. The guys from Ferrari, along with Rex Nguyen, who had done some late detail work on the car were great so I never really pursued it to much. That being said, I never imagined it would be so difficult to find a replacement. I'm real interested in anything you have, especially the backing plate that the license plate itself attaches to.

18. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    The larger brackets should be body color to be technically correct. Is your car black or??