360 seats in a 355? | FerrariChat

360 seats in a 355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Carmellini, Aug 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    I have another thread running about 430 seats in a 355 and not having much luck, so how about 360 seats

Has anyone installed 360 seats in a 355? I think that they are the same dimensions as the later 430 seats. I have to believe that someone has done this?

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  3. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    yes, I have seen that particular thread, but it does not provide any information. I have searched and searched with no luck.

There are two aspects to the swap: mounting solutions, and ability to retain the power top function. It does not seem like there would be a way to fool the roof controller to ignore the seat potentiometer being deleted?

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'd add a resistor to connect the pins, its the same as fooling seat belt light when putting in race harnesses I would imagine.

5. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    i like your idea, and hope it might be that simple. just not sure....

ideally, I would prefer to retain power top function, but if I need to convert to manual it would not be the end of the world.

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  7. Carmellini

Jul 16, 2019
    What about taking the wires from the emergency power top switch and wiring those up to the main console power top switch? does that fully bypass the roof controller? would that take the microswitches and the seat potentiometers out of the loop?

8. PeteyP

PeteyP Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Petey
    yes it would.....

Qavion likes this.