Speciale EPB and AVH Failure | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Speciale EPB and AVH Failure

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Shack, Dec 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Like in the 458, many of these problems have to do with bad batteries.

Do read all our threads about batteries or battery tenders I suggest ... :D

2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Long story but thanks Brian you are correct. Waiting on the entire kit.

3. unknow

unknow Rookie

May 14, 2015
    Full Name:
    HH
    Im going to take off my speciale rear calipers for new paint this week may I ask the proper way to disassemble the caliper and ebrakes, and which bolts are torque once only? Im scare to let my tech do it after read this. thank you

4. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    This issue was a while ago and unfortunately I don't recall. I will say that if its just for painting I would seriously let your authorized Ferrari dealer do the repaint. This will transfer any issue to them

Cigarzman and JTSE30 like this.
  5. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The two bolts that Ferrari/Brembo do not you to remove are the silver headed bolts that hold the two halves of the parking brake caliper together. This is the small black caliper that is bolted to the colored regular portion of the brake caliper. I don't think that these bolts need to be removed to disconnect the parking brake caliper from the regular caliper. It looks like there are other bolts that hold the two together.
    Once you have removed the parking brake caliper, brake pads and hardware, you can just mask the caliper pistons and seals and paint the whole caliper as a unit. That is how Brembo does it, even the bleeder screw will have paint on it.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

Need4Spd likes this.