355 - Rear Spoiler | FerrariChat

355 Rear Spoiler

Discussion in '348/355' started by jeffdavison, Aug 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Has anyone seen or have pics or sources for a rear spoiler other than a wing for th 355? Looking to see if there is any rear aero device more subtle than the very common "wing".

JD

2. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
  3. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    thanks for the post...... ack.... not my cupa. however. I wonder if there exists just a lip, something small and subtle. more of a styling cue than a functional aero aid. maybe eve a small wing. that duck tail just doesn't quite work, tho it does work with the widened rear haunches.

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  5. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
  6. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    IMO, The best spoiler hands down... the one thats most beautifully matched, is boh distinguishing yet subtle, is the factory decklid already on your car.

7. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    all those wings are way big. they may be in spirit of the Challenge cars but the far opposite of subtle. The factory deck lid is nice, but I think just a "little" augmentation would work well depending on how it could be better integrated with body lines. I'm sure y'all are familiar with the C8 Vette. It comes in 3 flavors: no spoiler, Z51 standard "winglet spoiler" and the big monster Chevrolet offers. My thinking is the range of the Z51 winglet spoiler. Works well with the body lines, but not an in your face racer wannabee. All these years, and really no alternative to the big wing or exaggerated duck-tail. Devils in the details. Just may have to unearth my old industrial design skills and learn mold making ;) I can see something like a shorty "wicker bill", just a very short strip along the highest point of the rear deck end. Pininifarina did good with the 355, but maybe it can be played with to some degree. It would be easier to find something off the shelf, but alas, the 355 is an older shelf and the market has moved on.