10 Things I Hate about My 430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

10 Things I Hate about My 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Scottslaw, Aug 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Don't think it was the Ferrari that attracted the arm candy. I have had many "expensive" cars and most of the attention is from men and young boys. The only time I used to get attention from women, especially young women, was when I had a yellow Mini Cooper S JCW with a black roof and racing stripes. I had more positive comments from the non-car person than any other car I have ever owned.

EastMemphis likes this.
  2. Stevecarguy

Stevecarguy Rookie

Jun 25, 2016
    Illinois
    Love #5. Going on ten years with my 360 and still keep cycling the A/C button till cold air blows. And then the "sticky." All control buttons are at StickyRx for refinishing. Yeh, after 10 years of ownership just couldn't take it any longer!! Hope the wife never finds out what that costs!!

3. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Funny post
    Imagine having a 355 like me...
    Enjoy the car!

4. ges007

ges007 Rookie

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    George Stouffer
    A great summary of owning any Ferrari and particularly my 1985 308 GTS and my 2002 360 Modena. Shortly after buying the 360, my wife and I went for a ride. Stopped for dinner and she opened the door expecting it to stop in a reasonable distance like my BMW, but it flung open into the drivers door of a brand new SUV...... whose repairs I paid for. Your #10 statement about hearing noises and fearing the repair bills is priceless.

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    this is hilarious. absolutely love this post. I owned an F430 for two years and all of this is spot on. Especially no. 10. Oh, and try putting it in reverse and going up even the slightest incline - you'll smell the burnt clutch instantly.

6. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Outstanding post.

And the winner of America's Got Talent is....

7. timba

timba Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Tim
    11. Eyeing every driveway, parking lot, or speed bump with more than 2” of elevation change and wondering how much front bumper you’re going to leave behind..

lewishou likes this.
  8. David246GT

David246GT Rookie

Mar 5, 2019
    Gulf coast of Florida
    Full Name:
    David
    You were correct (from merriam-webster (dot) com):
    What is the plural form of apparatus?
    apparatus. noun. ap·pa·ra·tus | \ ˌa-pə-ˈra-təs , -ˈrā- \ plural apparatuses or apparatus.

Enjoyed the post and the comments

9. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    It's very true, that the kinds of car that attract attention from young women and those that get attention from guys aged 2-100 tend not to overlap. If your JCW had been a convertible, it probably would have attracted more young female attention than a Pista. Certainly than a F12. My gated 575 is as invisible to young women as a Toyota Auris. Certain guys cluster around it.

10. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

You guys are great! Maybe I should quit my day job (or not!). When you litigate for a living you kind of have to find the humor in the every-day stuff in order to stay sane and happy!

And, to add my two cents about these cars attracting the opposite sex, I concur that the car does not "directly" have that effect (but that money that permitted the acquisition of the car in the first place often does!). Too bad I have been happily married for 22 years! (wait, who am I kidding? It would take more than a yellow Ferrari to pull chicks when you are a balding 44-year-old walking mid-life crisis!).

I have also found that the best way to combat the negative stereotypes about exotic owners is to be self-deprecating. That's why I have rocked this license plate for the past 5 years on the Gallardo. You would not believe how many positive reactions it prompts, and I'll likely transfer it to the Scud as I'm likely going to sell the g in order to facilitate buying out a partner on a business venture.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

hardtop likes this.
  11. dgreen1128

dgreen1128 Rookie

Dec 30, 2016
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dick Green
    I am a 430 owner for 3 years now and got a big laugh out of this post. I agree, here are 11 and 12, the key has to be used when accessing the trunk and glove box and who needs a code to start the radio. Love the car.

12. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Great list all very on point!! Now just waiting for the 10 things you 'love' about it .... :D:D:D

13. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Well... you can use the string to pop open the frunk and you can pop open the engine cover manually, the use the string in the engine bay to open the gas tank cover..... as opposed to using the power buttons. No way around the glovebox though.

14. rolvail

rolvail Karting

Jan 4, 2009
    Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    Rol Hamelin
    Great post and aptly so! Be happy you don’t have a 550 that requires reaching over to the passengers side of the dash to open the trunk while your arms are full! Or a 360 with a string in the footwell. Turn signals are an embarrassment when driving and just try to get the long complicated oil check procedure done on an F12 while attracting a crowd at a gas station! If each step is not accomplished within so many seconds one must start all over again!

15. kingp0820

kingp0820 Rookie

Dec 6, 2017
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Ramon Periquet Jr
    LMAO at this post... #5 is so counter intuitive... took me maybe 6-7 drives to remember whats on and off.

Penzinger likes this.
  16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    nice post but as a longtime Scud owner .. you if you don't hear every stone on the road and burn your hands after drive
    when you open the engine compartment .. then you are not in a scud but everything is forgiven when you run it through an underpass or a tunnel nearly the best sounding car there is ..... couple suggestions I open the engine lid every time I drive it to let the heat out and it helps build up the burnt finger tips and in the winter heats my garage ....
    also keep the car on a tender ALL the time when you are not driving it ....
    they are awesome cars glad you are enjoying yours..

17. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    11. Scraping bottom on road undulations. Worst sound/feeling imagineable

12. When one of the wheels hits the bumps stops on a bumpy back road and it feels like your fillings just got knocked out

18. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Oh yes
    I was in an empty 200 space car park, a Volvo with a mum and 5 kids parked with in 2 feet of my car!!!:(

19. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    The glove box also has a looped string (it's red) to open the glove box when the ignition is off.