430 - Speaker Grills | FerrariChat

430 Speaker Grills

Discussion in '360/430' started by Paul Kane, Jun 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Hi all
    First post for me.
    I'm a new Ferrari F430 owner of a 2005 Spider in black with a maunal gear box, its a keeper!
    I've owned Merc SL, BMWs, Porsche Boxter and a 911 but I have never had such a thrill as in this F430.

I'm looking to find the correct grills for my speaker box, picture attached.
    Does anyone know who may have them?

There are plenty of standard 6.5 inch grills on the market but I would like the originals if they're availble.

Many thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Look in luggage comp or under the seats in case they r in the car

3. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Hi
    Did a search, no luck.
    Looks like I’ll have to fit non original grills.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I may be able to help. Send me a PM.

Jim

5. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Hi, How can you help?
    Cheers

6. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Hi, How can you help?

New to this app chat so this may be a double message
    Cheers

7. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
  8. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Mike Niday from Scuderia Audio USA is having these 115mm or 6 inch speaker/sub grills manufactured.
    Can’t wait to buy a pair as there’s no supply of these anywhere!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane

Attached Files:

10. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
  11. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is correct. The grill consists of two parts, the plastic frame and the expanded metal mesh. I have sourced out the mesh and will have the circles laser cut. I am 3D printing exact duplicates of the frames. Yesterday I just picked up three laser cut circles of the expanded metal mesh (three slightly different diameters for fitment tests) and the first two 3D printed frame prototypes will land on my doorstep this afternoon. I am experimenting with two different designs. The first design has a channel along the inside of the silver outer ring, and the mesh circle will tuck into the channel all around. The second design is a two piece frame where you lay the mesh down on top of the main piece, then the outer silver ring snaps into place, sandwiching the mesh in the middle. I will determine which design works the best, then order enough parts for a few dozen sets. Since the two piece design is almost twice the cost of the one piece design, I cannot determine the price until I make a concerted effort to get the one piece design to work first. I do not wish to take advantage of the generosity of the Ferrari Chat moderators, so just keep checking my website for the new product release. If you don't have my URL, PM me.

12. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So the two piece units didn't work at all. The parts are too thin and flexible to be able to snap into each other and hold. Fortunately, the one piece units worked perfectly. Of the three different sized mesh circles, the smallest circle fits perfectly. All I have to do is to paint the outer ring silver and paint the grill mesh a flat black.

13. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Keep it simple, one piece sounds good, fewer parts to break the better.

14. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The problem with the one piece design is that it's difficult to tuck the rigid steel mesh into the slot. It's easy to get perhaps the first 2/3's in, but then you risk permanently bending the mesh during that last section. My CAD designer and I came up with a clever solution last night which involves 3D printing a fixture that holds the mesh in a slightly domed shape. You attach the mesh to the fixture, lower the fixture onto the grill frame, detach the mesh from the center (which will allow the mesh to flatten, expanding the diameter and allowing the edges to slip under the channel), then remove the fixture.

15. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I need to pick a pair of these up myself. Did he say when they would go up for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
  17. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Bloody amazing!!!
    Just perfect!!!
    I want two please :)

18. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    FYI the dome shaped fixture works like a dream. I tuck the mesh into probably a third of the grill to get it started, place the fixture on top of the mesh, then reach underneath and gently press up on the mesh, ever so slightly bending it until it clears the outer lip, then press down on the fixture. Once the mesh drops down to the level of the channel it slides into place. Voila! I am SO glad this works because it was almost impossible for me to install these things by hand without bending them.

Dean Palmer likes this.
  19. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Hi Mike
    Grills arrived today.....USA to UK.
    Unpacked them and fitted them both in 5 minutes, very little effort required just a little pushing, twisting and shoving, gently.

The R&D to re manufacture these must be a labour or love, the grill outer ring colour silver also is a perfect match.
    You will make a lot of F people happy knowing that they are now available.

My whole audio system supplied by you (Scuderia Audio) makes driving my F430 even more of a pleasure on long journeys, still not as good as the V8 roar but pretty close.

Many thanks and very grateful,

Paul

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login