Murray Walker: Hamilton Better Than Senna, Schumi | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Murray Walker: Hamilton Better Than Senna, Schumi

Discussion in 'F1' started by ingegnere, Aug 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Absolutely not; as far as I know when u go to a Grand Prix, pre covid the majority of locals support their very own. U are an exception and that’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Prost took a year off, MS was gone for 4 years. Yes you are correct about the one race with Jordan, however the Benetton in 92-93 was ok and MS still won in and bunch of podiums. As for Rosberg didn't he beat Hamilton for the WDC in 2016?

Bas likes this.
  3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I don't know how many years he was off, but I know he got his but whooped lol Hamilton never let nobody beat him down like that before

4. Natkingcolebasket69

I mean once u retire and come back u are never the same. 40+ is an old age in the world of sports

5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I don't know how old he was, but i know he got his - - whooped

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Well 2010- teammate finished 7 , he finished 9th, 2011, 7 and 8.
    Beaten for sure.
    One day u will be old, Ull learn to respect ur elderly ktu, Father Time is undefeated

jpalmito likes this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    And a major bike accident in 2008 which let him badly hurt ( vertebra damages )
    That was so serious that sequels didn't allowed him to replace Massa in 2009 !

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I used to love the comments of M. Walker, before he got senile.

furoni and jpalmito like this.
  9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    You're on the wrong forum if you're, looking for respectful chatters. I can't even repeat some of the things said about Berger after he said Ham was equal to Senna. This very thread has post disrespecting Walker. Schumi just got beat down, it is what it is.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

I remember that now

11. Natkingcolebasket69

I would disagree buddy. I sold 2 Ferrari’s through the forum, bought 1; met a dozen members outside and always classy and respectful. There is a wealth of technical knowledge too. There are some bad apples, passionate discussion, some trolls but over all it’s a great forum.

U should listen to that one too. As he said: very hard to compare the different eras.

bernardo66, ktu and jpalmito like this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    So to disagree with you is a lack of respect ?
    Interesting

13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    No. I didn't even noticed you disagreed with me, maybe i've forgot. No problem.

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Maybe I am too soft ?
    Will fix it .

15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

What about Lauda then ? and Prost ?

ktu likes this.
  16. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Top 5 drivers in the history of F1:

1 - Hamilton - will easily surpass all Schumacher records. Talent similar to that of Senna.
    2 - Schumacher - was the GOAT until now.
    3 - Senna - the most talented driver of all times.
    4 - Fangio - numbers don't lie.
    5 - Piquet: technical genius, champion with Brabham & first turbo engine, defeated Mansell in a British team.

Honourable mentions:
    Prost.
    Jim Clark.
    Lauda.
    Vettel (just because of the 4 titles).

ktu likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

The length of retirement and age of comeback wasn’t even remotely the same.lol
    I’m glad I don’t frequent F1 forum often I can now see why Sid lost his marbles with you guys

18. Natkingcolebasket69

I think you could also have said:
    1-in no particular order
    2-Hamilton’s talent as highlighted by this all thread is not nearly as good as senna in the wet and we don’t know what he is capable of in a mediocre car like senna
    3-Piquet Over Prost? Las time I checked the professor defeated him

jpalmito likes this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, you need a strong head to keep around here, and i guess those more inteligent than us arrived to the conclusion that it was a waste of time trying to educate trolls.
    I have long given up on that, but can't ressit to the apeal of reading rubbish, same as spanish newspapers, lolo so funny, take for example last g.p, Planet f.1 "aka" "british drivers rule", praise Norris race and trash sainz, you go to Marca or As, and it's the reverse, amazing race by sainz who once again got screwed by his team in order to protect average Norris, lololo, so funny.
    Gotta say, imo, Norris is clearly faster than Sainz, but Sainz (perhaps due to his experience) is at the moment the better race driver. I like Norris but he must up his game on sundays, Charles as make him look like a tool a couple of times this year already.

jpalmito likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

I’d agree that Norris is faster. I think sainz will be okay for Ferrari but don’t see him being amazing- will see though!

21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    1 - Might be.

2 - I'm not a Hamilton fan but in terms of pure speed he is clearly superior to Schumacher.

3 - Young Piquet was clearly faster and more talented than Lauda. In 1981 he won over Prost in a simple Brabham. In 1983 he did it again. In 1986 Prost got the championship just because Mansell and Piquet were fighting and stealing points from each other. Although Prost is obviously one of the best of all times, but he didn't have a fraction of Piquet's technical prowness. Also Piquet had that best jokes: "Prost was so ugly that he had to befriend other guys in order to try to steal their women". :D:D:D

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    It does'nt have to be same, no scenario will ever be exactly the same in F1, point is those guys came back and drove successfully. Schumi came back and got beat, he supposed to be miles above other drivers remember? No need to make excuses.

william likes this.
  23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    For Hamilton fans or really F1 fans in general, it boils down to who's assessment of Hamilton are you gonna believe? F1 drivers, or Fchatters?

24. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m sorry but I don’t care for Schumacher at all and I’ll never make excuses for him but clearly you have no clue what a neck injury is, what aging is and what the physical requirements are to drive a f1 are.
    Yeah he got beat at 41 years till 44... Prost came back after 1 year off at 40 in a car that was destined to win...with the legendary Damon hill as a teammate.
    U seem nice and passionate but in my book you like to see history through a certain angle, omitting crucial details along the way in your love for Hamilton.
    I could tell u: button scored more points than Hamilton over 3 years so he is better, he got beat by rosberg,senna has a greater ratio pole per race entered than Hamilton so he is faster specially in a weaker car but even when I do tell u this I tell u that it’s not relevant and futile because you can not compare eras.
    You cant impose Hamilton to anyone , not only because you can’t compare era, because he is in the midst of driving for a team which is dominating unlike anything we ever saw in f1 which to me enhances stats...
    it’s all good those are all opinions but like I said, I wish I had a time machine and see in 10 years what you will say when his records are broken because they will, records are meant to be broken: guys start younger and younger, there are more and more races and a guy like Max will come and be wc at 19 and start beating all the records.... therefore by your current thought process he will be better but you will see... different eras do different things. Respect your elder, it will come handy to you one day.

stavura, jpalmito and fil like this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Buddy stop trolling.... Not every F1 drivers think Hamilton is the best : some do, some don’t. It’s that simple, opinions vary. If you value Berger and barrichelo saying that, it’s honorable and valuable, but if I value Schumacher, coulthard, Alonso saying senna is their goats it carries just as much weight. I don’t need any fchater to tell me what to think.