Chassis 37313 Resurrection - 308 GTBi | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Chassis 37313 Resurrection - 308 GTBi

Discussion in '308/328' started by matumorales, Mar 13, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matumorales

matumorales Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Full Name:
    Daniel Morales
    Hello, guys! What a crazy year this has been so far! This COVID-19 world crisis... a new baby in the house... a new appartment... my home shop completely packed and stored... *snif* Project 37313 once again in the back burner... but I'm still slowly gathering parts, so I consider that we're still moving forward, only at a slower pace ;-)

Some parts arrived today, thanks to fellow F-Chatter Kim, a.k.a. 308 milano.

It took almost 10 months to arrive... nonetheless, they are safe and sound!

Thank you so much for your generosity, once again, Kim! These are crucial components for the build and I truly cherish them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bisonte, JuLiTrO and G. Pepper like this.
  2. matumorales

Jun 8, 2011
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Full Name:
    Daniel Morales
    Anyways, keep safe you guys, take care and soon there'll be more updates on my beloved 308.

Cheers!

3. luke.jenner

luke.jenner Rookie

Apr 4, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Luke
    Still one of my favourite threads ever! Do you think you’ll be able to find somewhere to work on the car if you are in an Apartment now?
    Luke

308 milano likes this.
  4. matumorales

Jun 8, 2011
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Full Name:
    Daniel Morales
    Yes; hopefully very soon! *cross fingers*

The car is currently in storage at one place and my tools at another, close to home, where I can still gain access to them in case I need them.

The apartment is close to my in-laws, that's very handy due to the new baby... but is only temporary. I do plan to move to a bigger house WITH a decent-sized garage/shop :)

Here's a picture of the new Ferraristi, Ferrán Morales:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bisonte and JuLiTrO like this.
  5. luke.jenner

luke.jenner Rookie

Apr 4, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Luke
  6. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Wow! Rear window glass! That's a good piece to get. I notice it doesn't have the electrical defrost wires as far as I can tell. I will say that I don't think I ever used my rear window defrost for the ~20 years I owned the car.

Cute kid picture. Congratulations! You're going to be a busy guy.

7. matumorales

Jun 8, 2011
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Full Name:
    Daniel Morales
    Thanks, David! Busy indeed... and very happy as well!

8. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    You’re quite welcome Daniel and very big congratulations on the new member of the family!
    Glad I could help in someway. 10 months to get there since I shipped them? LOL makes the US Postal Service seem impressive! :)

9. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Wow 10 months, went to Mars and back ? But you get lucky, it did arrive. My package went to Buenos Aires, whas send back to Brasil and there distroyed !

10. matumorales

Jun 8, 2011
    Asunción, Paraguay
    Full Name:
    Daniel Morales
    Wow! That sounds awful! Why did that happen? What was in your package?

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    "Euro" 3x8s do not have a defroster on the rear window glass (there is a big warm machine just behind and under it...); maybe the "swiss" variant might have it, but I'm not sure...

Rgds

12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Nice to see that the family is growing Daniel! Definitely one of my favorite threads; this is really an-out-of-the-ordinary enterprise; you rock, Daniel!

Rgds

13. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    My wife and son garderobe...she moved from Buzios to Buenos Aires. She (Argentina) needed a Argentina national tax number (AR-CUIT) impossible to get with internet complications, then an apointment to get those 2 packages at the post office you need first to pass the customs (they did find every time other excusses to not release those packages), so 3 months passed and they send it back to Bresil. There, nobody informed me and the 2 packages did get destroyed after a few weeks. A lost of the complete garderobe of both and a loss of 240 $ shipping cost.
    Lesson learned. : never send things to Argentina !!

Foxie likes this.
  14. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Ah, rear window. That's a rear find.

Congrads on the new addition to the family.

I also use the big space heater beyond the rear window as a defroster. :)

15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Hi Jon...
    East of France is no Siberia, but I took the car out once by minus 17 centigrades (about minus 1.4 fahrenheit) and the rear window never was frosty. The windshield was completly foggy for about three miles...but after that, a pleasure. The heating on these cars work much better than the A/C...

Rgds

16. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Yea, I am still baffled by why they would stuff the supply and return pipes in to five foot tube together.