Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Binotto's explanation is not exactly confidence-inspiring (and definitely a big poke back at Seb)

375+ likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

There are not many options for Ferrari are there. They are supporting him with the new chassis. Much will depend on Vettel.

3. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ferrari needs to make Lando Norris an offer he can't refuse.

4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    He wasn't going too well with the undamaged chassis--before he damaged the tub and probably the engine too--so don't expect any surprises.

Hopefully Ferrari will bring some useful updates (as Piola is suggesting on Italian Motorsport site) so they can, with both drivers, pull out a gap to the chasing midfield pack.

DF1 likes this.
  5. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Forget Lando, just call 'Nando.

Gee, if the buttheads in FIA hadn't banned testing, Ferrari could test a few available drivers NOW & pick the one with the best results. But that would make sense & therefore cannot be allowed. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Senna1994 and John_K_348 like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    that'll get expensive quick after just having signed Sainz...And I expect next years' Mclaren to be faster than Ferrari.

375+ likes this.
  7. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I the crack in the old chassis turns out to have been flexing in some crazy way that would really be something. But I fear without some low drag downforce magic, the new one won't be much better. Maybe soften the springs so it offers some mechanical grip?

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    If it was the chassis, the new one should at least allow Vettel to be on par with leClerc.
    If not, I don't see why anyone would want Vettel* next year. (*) as a driver.

DF1 likes this.
  9. DF1

"Seb spin" not the marketing panache id like near my product or service, if Im marketing with Vettel on a team in F1.

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #736 jgonzalesm6, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Gazzetta Dello Sport-->Seb offered a contract with Aston Martin F1 in August...before, during or after Spa.

Salary said to be $15million per year.

Perez Sponsors are offering more money to keep Perez with soon to be Aston Martin F1.

John_K_348 and Flavio_C like this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I hope Perez stays.

John_K_348, tifosi12 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Pretty disgusting they’re trying to use Vettel to leverage more money out of Perez sponsors.

Perez should call tTP’s bluff and let them sign Vettel so they hear him whining about strategies when he’s in 10th place because he “doesn’t understand the car.”

DF1 and tifosi12 like this.
  13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Would throwing a tantrum help Perez to get a good drive for next year ?

John_K_348 likes this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Vettel is mentally broken.
    Should retire with all this money , his wife and his three daughters.
    otherwise next year will be painful for him.

william, ingegnere and tifosi12 like this.
  15. DF1

Brawn spoke Sunday about Vettel - Ferrari relationship. Via SKY F1 gossip.

Former F1 team principal Brawn waded into the debate over the state of the relationship between Vettel and Ferrari, likening it to a messy divorce.

He said in his post-race F1 column: "It’s tough to watch Sebastian and Ferrari go through the motions right now, with both sides knowing that the end of their relationship is almost upon them.

"They are in that period of a divorce where the papers have been served, but the divorce hasn’t gone through. It’s very awkward.

"The chemistry between a driver and their team is so important. You’re part of a team and you succeed as a team, and fail as a team. Managing that dynamic is always a challenge.

"When a driver has been told he is no longer needed, it’s one of the most difficult times. He knows you no longer want him and the cracks appear quickly. From my own painful experience, I know drivers in this situation can be a handful."

Ouch.

16. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    #742 John_K_348, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Hunh? He won Singapore last year with a better car.

Life is always painful when you are buried in BS.

17. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    We are assuming the cars are 'exactly' the same, which I tend to doubt. Maybe they are but still too loose for Seb? I think it's clear Seb burned some bridges with his behavior surrounding his mistakes. When the tech and finances failed, especially the stupid cheat, he was up the creek without a paddle. Seb's downforce driving style requires power to drag it all along. That's gone now and so is his 'form.' I think we will see Seb scold the team now for strategy mistakes that have happened all along. Now HE has no reason to pull punches. Trouble is, he screwed up himself especially at Hockenheim. The 3 car crash at Singapore was odd and I still think Kimi and Max had something to do with it. But Seb still crashed. SF has squandered another chance for the championship with stupid Errors. Strategy, Cheats, and Drivers. Todt and Braun really knew what they were doing with the tight circle they created for Micheal. I am learning all of this after the fact as I came to the sport after Micheal retired the first time. When Button won with McLaren. Seb screwed up at Montreal right in front of where I WAS sitting before the rain delay and moved to the front straight for the end of the race. Same mistake as Hockenheim, too hot into a wet corner. Over shot with a lockup. Jenson passed him on the last lap at grandstand 33. Dammit Seb! :( V8s were epic though ;)

18. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    If Seb does go to AM, all he has to do is win as many times as Bottas does this year and I will consider him vindicated. He11, even one win would be vindication for Seb. Just placing ahead of SF. It's more than Charles can expect this year. Then all the self important, selfish cheating airhead politicos undermining the SF can kiss Seb's @$$.

500tr likes this.
  19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    That's how Stroll rolls.

20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Yet another evidence how Moto GP is superior to F1 - already knowing he'll be out of the Ducati team next year, Dovizioso scores the win in Austria...

DF1 and John_K_348 like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Was Vettel fan when he came to Ferrari.
    i thought the episode with Ricciardo was an accident.
    I was wrong.
    he is unable to emotionally manage a fight until the last round.

ingegnere likes this.
  22. DF1

His anger management / impatience has been his weakness and exposed his lack of race craft. Over rated and over paid. Not worth 15 mil Euros lol At All! When you are beaten by 2 new team mates that is a pattern that cannot be ignored!!!!!!!

23. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    4 time WDC, a number his current team mate never will reach, because sitting in a lame duck until 2024

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    FerrariChat's own James Glickenhaus offered Seb a drive at Le Mans 2021. Jim will be participating in the event with two cars and in an interview he said, he'd welcome Vettel as his driver, but couldn't pay him as much as Ferrari did.

Pretty cool stuff. Would love to see Vettel do Le Mans. And in a car from Glick, even better.