Max Verstappen | Page 72 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Agree. Kimi lucked into it as Mclaren lost it more than Kimi won it - of course Kimi was the winner but needed help both from Mclaren and Massa who yielded to assist Kimi .Team sport, team luck as always. Its a win.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hamilton was designated number 1 quite early on, certainly received all the top support. Mclaren had the quicker car in opening races and Ron realized his protege was quick. Greatest story would be british driver for british team in his 1st season wins title. So that was being set in motion. Alonso was fed up by the time Hungary came and exposed the ****ing lot to FIA.

Ron loves the greatest stories...he had already missed out on the perfect season (he told Warwick he still held him responsible for not achieving that in 2012 or so), so the british driver in british team in 1st year was the next best one.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sour grapes or just facts? It's the latter.

4. DF1

5. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Well apart from this bit of lazy, British biased, story making journalism:

"Right now, there's no doubting that Hamilton is the man to beat in F1. He's so dominant, being probably the strongest driver in the strongest car."

In many ways, this was a role Hamilton played for a period before his dominant years with Mercedes.

But we should enjoy these Verstappen's drives while we can. He might at the moment be a small part in the Lewis Hamilton show, but if he can get himself into the best car, the Max Verstappen show will be just around the corner.

Lewis Hamilton finished 4th and 5th in the Red Bull/Vettel years. What role did Lewis actually play in those years.

The Lewis show, sure....

Palmer should've acknowledged that the Mercedes in the hybrid era is in a different leaque. F1 obviously is a sport in which the technical aspect always played a significant part. However the dominance of Mercedes in the hybrid era is unprecendented, even for F1 standards. And therefor a direct comparison between other drivers should always be viewed in that light.

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    +1000
    I'm very tired with all this propaganda.
    Hamilton is very good for sure but I am always waiting something comparable with , for instance , the 1993 season when Senna managed to win five races driving an underpowered McLaren ford against a dominant Williams Renault.

7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    That's like saying i'm waiting for Senna to help build a team like Schumacher did, or Fangio didn't drive like Senna in 93, or Schumi didn't beat a world champion his rookie year like Lewis. Every great will do it there own way. Don't dismiss Verstappen, Leclerc or who ever from being a future great if they don't do what Senna did in 93

8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    You are wrong again.
    If you want to be a genuine GOAT contender you should have accomplished some remarkable things.
    This is precisely why I don't think Hammy is in the same league as Senna .
    Or others for instance.
    Lauda 4 in Italy , 30 days after his accident.
    Prost world champion in 1986 with a car one second slower than the William Honda drived by Mansell and Piquet
    Schumi winning three times in 1996 with a Ferrari which was absolutely not a winning car .
    You seems a lot younger than me and I could advise you to learn better the History of this wonderful sport to be more accurate in your posts ( your Friend William could help you on this matter )
    Formula one is not just the last 13 years .

9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003

You state Hamilton is not in the same league as Senna and then list examples devoid of Senna accomplishments.

ktu likes this.
  10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Please read more carefully my post before and you will find it.
    But for your pleasure the list is non exhaustive.
    Monaco 1984
    Portugal 1985
    Monaco and Detroit 1987
    silverstone 1988
    Suzuka 1988
    Etc ..

Natkingcolebasket69, Picchu88 and Bas like this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Don't bother, some people are not here to be educated or to learn something, they alredy know all they need, and anything that could prove them wrong will be seen as "hate", or lake of belief in their "goat".
    You mentioned William, he actualy knew something about the sport a few years ago, but i guess he prefers to prove how anti Ferrari and how pro british empire he is than to teach anything meaningfull to his eltonian friends.
    To bad, there was a time when his posts were worth reading....

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I along with Brawn, Murry, Barrichello,others have been watching F1 before Hamilton came. Do they need to learn their history? Are they younger than you? They are in agreement with me on Hamilton.
    Are you saying no other driver after the 90s can ever become a great? only because they didn't do what some one else did? Your post proves that there are many drivers who have performed well without the best car, including Hamilton.
    There are things Senna has done that Verstappen has'nt done. Does'nt mean its impossible for Verstappen to become a great. My view is any driver can become great, but they will do it their own way, as others before. Senna, Schumi, Lauda, Fangio Hamilton, etc are all greats in my book, and they all did it their own way.

13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    3 easy yes or no questions for you:
    1. If Senna or Schumacher started with a top team and went on to win championships, would they be considered F1 greats?
    2. Veratappen and Leclerc never won a race with a midfield car. Is it impossible for them to become a F1 great?
    3. Fangio never drove a midfield car. Is Fangio a F1 great?

Mark(study) likes this.
  14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Senna got a lot of poles, I was always impressed by one man, one lap and who could push beyond the rest.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    In reverse order::

3. Fangio is more than just great !
    2. We shall see
    1. Yes, and Yes.

ktu likes this.
  16. You're all wrong.....it was Jim. :p

17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    but but but but......but.....but but.........Jim never won a race like Senna in 93

18. Oh yeah. I forgotted..... :rolleyes:

19. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Button saying Max "annihilating" his team-mates like Senna & Schumacher did.

tifosi12 likes this.
  20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

That will all change once Bottas gets a Red Bull seat

:D

jpalmito likes this.
  21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

22. DF1

SimCity3 likes this.
  23. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm not sure this year's RB is an easy car to drive. I think Max may be performing even better than we generally give him credit for.

24. DF1

Yes I agree!

jpalmito likes this.
  25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    i even suspect that if Max were in confrontation with Lewis in the same car, some here would risk a real shock !