Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 193 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #4801 Shadowfax, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Only problem is its not a Pista and most will know that. Its embarrassing enough seeing a Pista pretending to be a Pilotta or seeing a gt3rs with gt2 striping. Very pretentious. Its like wearing a fake Rolex or something.
    Better to stay true to the model to avoid the embarrassing remarks that get spoken. In this sense id go the black roof. F8 looks good with the black roof imo. But i would never wrap it as it just cheapens the car. Must be proper gloss paint!

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I personally wouldn't do it but to each their own.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agree on all points . That’s one of the thing that bothered me with the 360’s trying to look like a 360cs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gh21631 and Shadowfax like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #4804 SoCal to az, Aug 11, 2020
    As much as I’m an advocate for do what you want it’s your car- doing the exact same Pista stripes On an F8 just doesn’t seem right. Put stripes on sure- go for it -but maybe a different pattern than Pista so people don’t think you are trying to be a Pista wanna be? I don’t mean disrespect by my comments and I’m sure the car will look great....but......

nonbita and Shadowfax like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree to each their own aknowledging it must be a very sensitive area for those brave enough do it.

The way i look at it, a Ferrari presents as enough of a statement as it is and doesn’t need to pretend in any way. Doing so only creates the environment for negative hand gesturing and other unfavorable remarks.

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  6. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #4806 Jcmd, Aug 11, 2020
    the “pista stripes“ is only an option...some order the car without that option.. so a Pista without a.stripe is an F8 poser then lol... “embarrassing”? Go to this thread.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-488-pista-without-stripes-pictures-thread.613385/

once you have the stripes painted on the Pista, you are stuck with your choice, with a wrap, you can change color, .design details easily in case you get bored with the look.

anishka and Coincid like this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #4807 Shadowfax, Aug 11, 2020
    Not sure of the point youre trying to make here or the relevence to the points made with regard to pretentiousness?

A Pista is a Pista with or without stripes so all that could ever be said or criticised is that it looks better with the stripes which the Ferrari design team deemed appropriate for the special version as exampled in all release vehicles.

I’ve politely said I aknowledge it is a very sentive area for those brave enough to have their F8 try to be a Pista but if you seriously believe there wont be members of the public - and other Ferrari owners - who dont use the stroking hand gesture along with other unsavoury remarks then you are seriously mistaken.

Personally i find its hard not to look at a car which is pretending to be something more than what it actually is and not form an opinion about the owner of the car.

Viewing a Pista without a stripe leads me to the thought the owner is trying to understate the car - which is fine. The problems start when owners attempt to overstate their car into something it isn’t.

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    correct

MANDALAY likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I was going to do the black roof but then decided on the stripes .

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I wouldn't go that far. To me the Pista is the best looking modern Ferrari available with or without stripes. Ferrari hit a home run with it. The F8 is no slouch but to me it is bit "softer" looking, not nearly as aggressive which likely fits its drive.

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I definitely prefer the rear of the Pista as it presents a more racing persona. I do like the aesthetic of the F8 interior and I am especially enamoured by the steering wheel and it’s feel.

My motive in applying the stripes on the F8 is totally unrelated to an attempt to mimic the Pista. I simply subjectively like the look.

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    My comment was just on the flow of the stripe down the bonnet Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login . The F8 looks smooth , it is. The Pista has an angle , kink

Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, Tech Nerd and Jcmd like this.
  13. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #4813 Jcmd, Aug 11, 2020
    good point. The V shaped indentation cradles the stripe quite well, the slope is better on the F8 vs the PIsta( bulge) the only problem is the intake of the s duct is a bit narrow vs the Pista. May need to squeeze in the stripe or leave that area with out stripes. The s duct exit of the Pista Is so wide, it almost seems exaggerated and strange to me. Also a bicolor stripe is not for me. Also the F8 duct is not in body color unlike the Pista. We shall see if its worth wrapping that area in body color, prob not needed.
    Sorry for the poor graphics.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi likes this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The S-Duct has no option to paint from Ferrari , actually best to eave black plastic or carbon if you have. The stipes I guess would just go to that point. And restart under

15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

So many owners of 488's didn't believe me about my love for the feel of the new wheel in the F8. Once they felt it then they knew what I meant.

Coincid likes this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    i actually like the look of the F8 rear better.

with regards to the stripes- I don’t think any of us are saying you are trying to mimic a Pista. I know you aren’t. But it’s just what others may say. Not that you should care what others think. It’s your car. Do what you want, enjoy the hell out of it. But maybe don’t do the exact Pista stripes. A slightly different style might be the best of both worlds.

17. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    is this mimicking a Pista? Lol.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

marko.urbac and Ash Patel like this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Let's be honest here. It's a direct attempt to mimick a Pista. There is NO other way of looking at it.

Coincid's a good guy - I don't want to upset him or spoil his day - and, I congratulate him and wish him only the very best on his lovely car, but it is what it is and I doubt there would be anyone outside of this Forum which would view it any other way....other than maybe another F8 owner who also wants his F8 to look like a Pista lol.

19. FIFY :cool:

tekaefixe and Shadowfax like this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

I have no idea what point you are trying to make? What am I supposed to be looking at??

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The point is having an F8 which is trying to look like a Pista and the Pista stripes are confirmation of this. Not sure of how else it could be viewed really. As in a standard production model trying to take on the guise of the special version car by the use of it's dedicated livery. Pretty clear.

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That’s all fine and well but I don’t understand the picture that was posted and the point of it.

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #4823 Shadowfax, Aug 11, 2020
    Which picture? I don't recall posting any picture?

Oh ok, if you mean the one posted by jcmd then I'm assuming he's trying to make some sort of joke or take some sort of cheap shot against the Pista's stripes resembling double yellow lines on a rd. Not sure what his angle is really. But he seems to have an angle. Maybe he didn't like having it spelt out that the game of an F8 trying to pass itself off as a Pista isn't going to fly.

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Yeah that picture. Ok the yellow stripes on the ground are the same as the stripes on the Pista. Ok- I think I get the attempt at the humor.