599/458/Cali Brake Rotors | FerrariChat

599/458/Cali Brake Rotors

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ToddMick, Aug 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    Rumor has it that all of these rotors are somewhat interchangeable. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

I'd love to buy some 599 rotors and put them on my Cali so I don't have to fork out 4k from Racing Brake. It seems like every time I check their site, they go up in price. Should have bought them last year apparently.

If anyone else has leads on where to buy Cali iron rotors - let me know. Reached out to GiroDisc to see if their 458 rotors will fit a Cali but they never got back to me.... guess not.

Also, I don't drive my car like I'm on fire as I work from home and usually just chauffeur my daughter to/from school so performance doesn't really matter to me.

2. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    #2 virendra, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    I just bought a used one (CCM) for a 599 from a seller in Germany. He has used ones for most models but they are still over USD 1500 each. Are you after CCM or steel?

3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

You could also try Eurospares.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #4 tazandjan, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    The 599 has 398 mm CCM front rotors and 360 mm rear CCM rotors. The California's are 390 mm F and 360 mm rear. 599 steel rotors are 355 mm F and 330 mm R. California never had steel rotors, but you would need 390 mm ones in front if you want to change over and keep the same rotors.

5. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    Really appreciate all the replys on this. I have CCB now but they are HORRIBLY noisy and I've tried to re-bed them and that worked for a little while. I spray them with RO water every time before I drive (as long as the rotors are cool) and that does help a ton... but only for a few miles. Rather just get iron rotors and not worry about CCB.

6. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    This is great details and it sounds like I'm SOL on trying the steel rotors from the 599 then.

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Incidentally, I meant keep the same calipers, not rotors.

Correct, looks like it may be too hard to do unless you can convince Mov'It or another custom brake manufacturer to make sets for you.

8. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    Y
    No worries as I knew what you meant. If they made steel/iron for the Cali (at a "reasonable" resale price) they would have been on a long time ago. :cool: Reached out again to GiroDisc and had much better luck this time. If I send them 1x front and rear rotor, they will measure, send them back to me, and hook me up with a good deal on a set of custom ones.

JL350 likes this.
  9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sounds like the way to go and you can get a set of matching pads, too.

ToddMick likes this.