Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes and no.
    Racing Point is slightly ahead of Ferrari right now.
    But Ferrari has more long term potential in years to come.

2. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Very hard to see based on the horrific car they have managed to build this year, in fact this looks like the 1980 season all over again.

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, two years later they won the constructors championship.

The long term success of Aston Martin depends on what plans Mercedes has for its own team. Their own capacity is also unknown, as right now they´re running a cloned car. Aston Martin is a big gamble, maybe even bigger than McLaren or Renault.

Nuvolari and william like this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    "Long term" is the clue.

It may be in 2 years, or in 5, or in 10, but Ferrari will be back in the winning circles at some point in future.

5. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    True but the fact they are allowed to run that car makes a mockery of F1 in my opinion. The look at the finances of AM and its difficult to believe there is much spare care to put into F1. McLaren is a similar gamble.

One thing is for sure, wherever Seb lands up it will be interesting to see how he performs because its hard to believe thing could go any worse for him.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    He wasn't bad when he came to Ferrari. Thats why they hired him. I think the Singapore 2015 pole was one of the best performance I've seen. He only started declining when Shaarl came on board

Igor Ound likes this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Leclerc wasn't at Ferrari in 2017 and 2018, and it's the period Vettel started to go bad; he simply lost 2 championships.
    But he was comfortable with Kimi not challenging him, and the management still supporting him.

Giallo 550, DF1 and kylec like this.
  8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Vettel has always been overrated. Many people said his championships are Newey's. It was said back when he was winning for them. Guess who is right now? Outside of Webber, SV has gotten his ass handed to him by all his team mates.

freshmeat and william like this.
  9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The chassis spec and the engine spec remains constant*, and DF is being lost on the undertray. (*) where constant is that you must actually run 2020 spec chassis engines, transmissions in 2021.

2022 and beyond is a different story, 2021 is a replay of 2020 technology on (hopefully) different race tracks, and hopefully better tires.

10. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I've read a few things on other F1 chat sites that suggest that either the team is sabotaging Seb or Seb is sabotaging the "driving" so to speak. I say bollocks to both. What would that gain for either?

375+, Giallo 550 and paulchua like this.
  11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He was a touch slower last year and the car is compromised both aero and power. Charles has a bit of a different style and is not as mentally un-settled as Vettel. Seb needs to get better or move on.

paulchua likes this.
  12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    In my estimation, Charles is delivering more than is "in" the car at the moment.
    Vettel is simply not delivering at all.

At this point, why not let Vettle go right now, and try a reserve/substitute driver in that seat. You are likely to get more points by the end of the season.

william and DF1 like this.
  13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    There is precedent for that. Prost in 1991, also a multi World Champion, was released before the season was over.

DF1 and william like this.
  14. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Paging Dr. Alonso. Paging Dr. Alonso.

DF1, 375+, Ferrari 308 GTB and 2 others like this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

2019 as well. The press and team began to turn away rather quickly. The attempts to restrain Charles, the faster driver failed and only made Vettel look worse overall. His time at Ferrari has been overall, a failure. His reputation was on display with the self induced spin - error today. He knows his reputation has been damaged. No top 3 team will give him a seat. None. He has an offer from a Clone running mid field team that favors the owners son. Perez stated he knows what seat is open. Someone posted today its over for Vettel. I fully agree. This mess needs to be swept up now.

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If he does end up in the Pink Merc ,how long before '' Seb ,this is Lawrence, Lance is faster than you ''

Vettel throws another multi 21 , papa Stroll fires him on the spot lol.

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Vettel is now about as bad as MS was in his last Merc year. Way past his use-by date. He should do himself a favor and quit before he totally destroys his legacy.

I cannot imagine any team would sign him for 2021.

paulchua and william like this.
  18. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think Vettel is pretty much done... I could see him going to AM next year... but doubt that he'll do much. I think he needs to retire re charge and race in Sports Cars...

He just seems to have given up, He's a "nice guy" and I think Ferrari have simply worn him down .... he needs to feel the love around him... and that is not Ferrari.... it has really never been until Schumacher - and he was surrounded by his guys...

paulchua, william and tifosi12 like this.
  19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I say bollocks to the duff kit theory.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  20. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    That feeling of intense determination started at the top with Montezemolo. He was/is the second most important leader in Ferrari history behind only Enzo himself.

21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I agree with you. He also is the one who started Ferrari on the decline with the "Sempre Italia" approach.... the all Italian team was stupid and Arrogant. LDM became his own worst enemy.

william likes this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Very hard to watch for sure. I don't want bad on him, but this last race took away much of Vettel's dignity. I don't want to witness the breakdown of anyone.

tifosi12 likes this.
  23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't agree more. I used to be a big Vettel fan. Still like him for the most part (Baku not included). So it is hard to watch his self destruction and decline. He should just quit. Right now.

paulchua likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think for him to perform his 'best', he needs to be the #1 driver. When Ferrari put Leclerc as the #1, that was it, and no recovering. When he says he needs the support of the team, that's what I gather. I don't wish him any ill, but the current situation is just going from bad to worse!

tifosi12 likes this.
  25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very possible.

It is amazing to see how Leclerc wrangles that turd to the podium again and again. Whereas Seb sells the Ferrari for under value. The two drivers couldn't be any further apart in their performance.

What Leclerc did on Sunday was every bit as good as what Max did. Just not the same payoff.

william, fil, vinuneuro and 1 other person like this.