Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 110 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Another simple good answer to such a question is "Why wouldn't you?".

AD211 and NuorderSG like this.
  2. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    One time I had to go downtown before a municipal judge to show my proof of insurance. It was my turn, I approached the stand, and the female judge said "OK, this looks good. Oh wow, you own a FERRARI?" I said "yes ma'am" and she just kind of smiled and gave me my paperwork. Funny.

squirly26 and psych0hans like this.
  3. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    So true. Most are shocked when I explain to them that their pickup-truck and camper cost more than my 12-yr-old Ferrari. Probably because it still LOOKS LIKE A MILLION BUCKS!!! hahaha.

I still avoid the question though, as it's just poor form to ask it or to answer it. It's like asking someone how much money they make, or how much their wife weighs. !!! y'know?

4. the_dan

the_dan Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I was driving with the top down in the 360 and stopped at a stoplight.

A guy with an American accent was eyeing up the car and exclaimed ‘Curious George?! ‘.

I’m not American so didn’t really get the reference, a bit of googling and it seems like he’s a cartoon monkey who drives a banana yellow car (my spider is yellow).

steven t evans likes this.
  5. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    From an American, who knows what he was thinking. Some people are just idiots. Seeing a yellow 360 would not make me think of Curious George, heck, I don't even know if you can find those books any more.

Andynyc and the_dan like this.
  6. rse1851

rse1851 Rookie

Jul 2, 2008
    Rome GA
    Full Name:
    Steven Eckhoff
    Once a Lady saw the Prancing Horse and said that is the most beautiful Mustang she’d ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ZINGARA 250GTL and m5shiv like this.
  7. Philfromphilly

Jan 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Phil Wilson
    Regarding my F12 “looks like a corvette”
    Regarding my recent purchase of a Ducati Desmosedici “looks like a rice burner”
    Both made by my WIFE! Maybe time for a new model......

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    New model car/bike, or new model wife?! :D

9. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Security guard when he saw my 612 : is that the new 2020 Mustang ?

nicholasn likes this.
  10. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    So, I live on the "West Side" of the suburban area I call home. This is the "rough" side of town. Though I've lived in MANY places since, I grew up just blocks from where I live now. I am often overheard telling people "these are my people, and I am their King!" haha. Fact is; I like where I live. That's a different topic, but this is context for last night's encounter at the gas station.

A guy pulled-up in his pimped-out F-Type Jag. When I say pimped-out, maybe "clapped-out" is a better term. He'd affixed to every body-panel various types of accouterments, from stickers and emblems to fake air-intakes and wings, etc. It would make most people blush, I think. So he pulled-up next to me as I was getting out of the F430 and he said "what are you doing out here on the west side?" (Which pisses me off immediately, right?) and I said "one could ask the same of you?" And he replies with his best man-bun-smugness "my son likes to slum it at the skate-park out here".

I'm sorry y'all..... I really HATE that part of exotic-car culture; all the dicks who think the car makes the man. I'm glad that doesn't seem to be a frequent theme here on this forum. I mean, I've seen the occasional dick-ish reply to posts, but for the most part, y'all are keepin' it real. ;-)

EFerrari34 and Ira Schwartz like this.
  11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    She's half right...only it's the Corvette that looks like an F12.

imahorse likes this.
  12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ha. I totally understand. I live in a small town in North Ga., by choice. A few big houses but mostly old neighborhoods. I brought my 360 to a yearly country fest with a cruise in and of course, a lot of people wanted to talk to the "Ferrari guy". A lot of "you live HERE?!?!" comments. They didn't sell beer there because the town had just gone from being dry a few years beforehand. One lifetime local guy stayed and we talked for quite awhile and I asked him if he wanted a beer as I pulled a Keystone Light from my frunk and proceeded to pour it into the state farm tumbler they were giving away. He cracked up laughing, we've been friends ever since and he still tells that story to anyone that will listen.

Dolcevita, imahorse, Way2fast and 3 others like this.
  13. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    "I pulled a Keystone Light from my frunk"

Precious :)

jc1, Dolcevita, RedNeck and 1 other person like this.
  14. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Especially from a guy whose moniker is "redneck". I think he and i have to be friends. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Patricia2020, RedNeck and alum04org like this.
  15. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I was in traffic court for a cellphone ticket. Part of my defense was that my car had stalled at the light and that is why I had the cellphone in my hand...to call a tow truck.

The judge asked what car I was driving, I said a Ferrari. She laughed and dismissed the case outright without even allowing the officer to speak.

Precious!

16. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #2741 PhilNotHill, Aug 21, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2020
    This happens alot in Aspen as well. :D

17. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Funny one today. I'm in the parking lot by some stores with the frunk open as I load my purchases. As I close the lid, a car crawls up with the window down and the guy asks "Does it work?". I'm not sure what he means and I must have looked confused. "Your car. Do you have problems? I saw you had your hood up." Ha! I explained that the engine is in the back and I am loading my stuff. We had a good laugh.

I use my car a lot so often I am out and about buying things and stuffing them in the frunk. First time I've had that reaction.

JaguarXJ6, tomc, stavura and 2 others like this.
  18. CPBTX

CPBTX Rookie

Mar 8, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    CPB

First week I had the F12, had 2 Corvette drivers wave at me. o_O

DocRogers and MalcQV like this.
  19. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I was in my Miata the other day, and I waved at a guy driving an Aston Martin DB9 coupe. I guess he wasn't familiar with the sports-car wave, because he was looking at me like he was trying to figure out how he knew me. :)

20. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Hi all,

First time poster here, but DIY'er on an 88 TR since the day I bought it. Thanks to these forums I tackled a full driveline overhaul, complete with diff carrier, 2 sets of drive gears and cam timing...during a pandemic!!! Including a pic of my refinished driveline and cradle from several months back. 800 miles this summer and doing well. Few little annoyance leaks, nothing I can't spot clean off fresh paint and powder coating.

Anyway, recently I've been stopped often and asked if I want to sell. I am always very kind and say unfortunately no, and this is something I plan on keeping forever. One gent asked me if it was fast. I said no, not particularly, and that a modern Civic Si is much faster in a straight line. He asked why didn't I purchase a Civic or other fast car, and I said "because you didn't stop to ask about buying the Civic". There's just something about a 6' wide rear end that gets attention...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Bingo!

VAF84 and thorn like this.
  22. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    So much truth in that statement.

I guess there's probably someone out that that was 8 yrs old and dreamed of owning a Civic. But I didn't. I do work on them regularly though - not impressed.

23. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And that's when you say "I will give you something else to smile about"

24. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    yes. just tell him it's fuji. 30k. imagine his face hearing it

25. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    While getting ready to put on my car cover at the gym, a ~25 y.o. young man runs up and says: "Is that a testarossa? Just seeing it has made my day." (which made my day ;)).