Pista or Senna? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista or Senna?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by swordsman, Aug 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wow! Congrats! Which one?

2. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Thanks. Satin Graphite Grey. It wasn't a listed one and going through brokers/re-sellers. It didn't make any public for sale website. I jumped at it as soon as it was presented to me. There was another black one with blue calipers that was presented to me also (about $20K below the ask price of the one that I winded up buying).

I really started to appreciate brokers/re-sellers who operate below the radar. Once you buy or sell a car through them and they realize that you are a real buyer/seller then they start presenting the good deals/cars to you.

I'd say there is a disconnect with what we see on cargurus, autotrader, etc., and how the brokers/resellers work and the cars they have to sell/buy.

Avia11, Shadowfax, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s great intel. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps if/when I get to that rarefied air, I will reach out via PM for some advice. At the risk of turning this into a value thread (not my intent), I think the Senna is poised for a breakout. Seems like they have come down gently over the last year, and have likely bottomed. I think the car has some nice runway ahead of it. Certainly the car polarizes, but it’s the last/best track weapon sans electrification. That means something to many different people. It certainly means something to me.

Quick question, how is the cabin space compared to your other cars? I am 6’6” 260lbs. I know I wouldn’t fit with a helmet, but might I fit without. I manage to adequately shoehorn myself into my other cars (812, Performante, 05 Ford GT, 2017 Viper ACR).

4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    senna vs pista?

the answer is so obvious. I would take senna in a heartbeat.

Avia11, Shadowfax, Autolove and 2 others like this.
  5. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Made me laugh so hard but also very true :)

IloveGT and Thecadster like this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Special V8 ? that's the SF90 now

7. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Best line ever. I am borrowing that for personal use from now on.

IloveGT likes this.
  8. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Yeah, Senna's were trending downwards (a lot of it had to do with people selling to make way for Senna GTR's and now some of the remaining ones are for people selling to get Speedtail deliveries). They are starting to trend back towards MSRP or within that range. Most of the brokers are saying that once they get into the low 900's then they sell very easily. I was lucky that I got a better deal but it would have been a lot better a couple of months ago.

I asked the tallest person (attached)I know who tracks a senna to get his feedback on height, etc., (I'm 5'11' so I don't have any issues in any of the modern day porsches, mclarens, ferrari's. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster likes this.
  9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    these hyper track cars are getting to point of having no purpose. way too fast for street and too expensive for the track. so most are just cars and coffee garage queens. thats ok too but i would rather have a nice street car like a portofino and a track dedicated car like a 458 challenge. would have much more fun with that combo than either a senna or pista.

stavura, Wikdstrate, dmark1 and 5 others like this.
  10. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Yeah, you may have more fun in that combination but many of us would have much more fun with a Pista and/or senna.

boobernackle, Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Senna is twice the price of a Pista so the comparison is not realistic. Tracking a car that sells for almost $1 million, when accomplished track purposed cars can be had for a fraction of the price and are far less anxiety provoking, may be reserved for a very select few.

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think you will find that those with the money to buy and track a senna wont be anxious about it. Sure cheaper cars can be had for track but if you've got the money and realize you cant take it with you then tracking the most expensive car becomes no longer an issue.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i never see a hypercar at track days but those owners probably go to private clubs. are people driving senna, etc at monticello, thermal, barber, etc? i would guess once a yr if at all. no matter how wealthy, still stressful to take senna on track. like putting your picasso out for a backyard party.

Coincid and Thecadster like this.
  14. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    For the same money buy a new F8 for the street and a used 488 GT3 and have a car you can really race rather than a wannabe.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, Spirespatrick, Shack and 3 others like this.
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Your too logical. The really rich couldn't give a rats. Do what they want. But I would say for the money I would rather have a 488 GT3 as you stated and a one off Ferrari built car.

"You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.
    Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part."

16. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

The question should be, Senna or Pista with 500,o00 in the front seat with you in cash.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The percentage of the populaton sufficiently financially well off who buy super cars is minuscule. The insanely rich, assets of 100 million or more, comprise a tiny portion of humanity. Of those, a statistically insignificant number, purchase Sennas or La Ferraris to use on a track.

18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Im not sure where you get your stats from or conclude the sentiment of those with the $ and what they choose to do with it because from what i see those with $ who like cars - and there are plenty with the $ that like cars - will not hesitate to track an expensive car like a senna for a second. Those i know and who have Sennas track them. If i had one it would be the first thing do with it. Logically if you have enough money to buy a Senna it wont be the only car in the stable and it will be tracked at a similar ratio as what the other cars will get tracked depending upon which you may prefer. Thats just how it is from what i regularly witness and i wouldnt expect it to be any other way all things considering.
    I mean seriously dont think someone with enough money and cars to qualify buying a senna is just going to buy one to look at it? Sorry but it just doesnt happen and if by chance it does it would be limited to a Senna buyer who probably didnt have the money in the first place but wanted others to believe they did but primarily bought it to speculate - which would be flawed thinking.

Gh21631 and exoticcardreamer like this.
  19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In 2018 , 79 million cars were sold worldwide. Senna was purchased by 750 people. La Ferrari sold 710 units. Those buyers represent 0.00001848% of car buyers.
    2019- 76 million cars sold. The combined sales of Ferrari, Lamborghini and Mclaren amounts to approximately 14,500 cars = 0.00019079%.

20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Too much thought going into trying to understand the logic used by those who purchased a Senna, or any hypercar for that matter.

Desire + ability - opportunity cost = decision

21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You're comparing an exotic vs a hypercar. Senna all day.

Solid State, Boomhauer and Ash Patel like this.
  22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    This car is so under appreciated...