DIY: Upgrade your stock exhaust manifolds W/ Agency Power headers. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

DIY: Upgrade your stock exhaust manifolds W/ Agency Power headers.

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Aug 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Wow haven’t seen titanium wrap do that. For a positive point of reference I’ve had my headers on with titanium wrap for over three years and 12,000 miles and mine still look great. I was under it just a couple weeks back and everything is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    just get Topspeed & save your money for installation, Asian headers are ALL the same, Topspeed, Fabspeed, Agency Power etc

ditpixs likes this.
  3. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Can you explain to us the differences between these made is Asia headers pls ?

4. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    His headers caught fire due to improper curing of the ceramic coating.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    The problem was that they were powder coated and not ceramic coated! Big difference!

one4torque likes this.
  6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    My point is that (fire) will not happen if header blankets were installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marcopolo3382 likes this.
  7. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I buy European/American only. It’s a Ferrari not a Civic. As Dan and I learned in the past, buy it right the first time or you end up buying it twice!

On my scud the Cats are from Europe and the X-pipe is American. I’ve dealt with Asia most of my professional career in engineering and if you saw the things they do you’d never buy Chinese again. Kind of like watching hot dogs/chorizo being made... you’ll never eat one again!

whatheheck likes this.
  8. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    Lol! For sure! How does that even happen?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Dan, when is the video coming pls ? we want to hear these Agency (made in Asia) Power headers pls ?

10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Richard,

I thought I posted it already but here it is again:
    Two very short videos.

Hope that helps.

Dan

11. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Superb job of wrapping the insulating tape around the headers. That is a VERY difficult job, and even more difficult to do it as neatly and professionally as you did. My hat is off to you, sir.

whatheheck likes this.
  12. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for the kind words but I have another thread here after this post. DO NOT use those “titanium heat wraps”

Less than a year later and those wraps deteriorated. They crumbled and made a mess inside the engine bay and took me hours to remove them all & clean everything up.

I installed the best - Capristo header blankets.
    Very well made, perfect fit and reduced engine bay heat. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    I have the Capistro headers, twin sound exhaust and quality wraps. NO issues whatsoever from day one. Quality 309 stainless steel, german made product. You get what you pay for and done right the first time. Only issue is that I'm getting to be an "old man" at 55, and with the valves open, the car is LOUD. I'm an old fart in mentality and don't like the attention of the extra noise. Was considering going to the Ferrari/Tubi sport exhaust system but am feeling cheap ($$) after dishing out for the Capistro...LOL

14. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    This is the primary reason I went with Kline Exhaust as it is a valved exhaust and comes with remote control that user can command the valves open or close anytime, or stick with default that the engine ECU controls the valves so that its quiet on idle and screams at about 4,000 RPM.

I try to be considerate of others especially my neighbors.

f355spider and Ferrari Nube like this.
  15. Alleykat

Alleykat Karting

Apr 2, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I personally use DEI brand “titanium” exhaust wrap and can confirm it holds up really well. They have many heat related products. I used some on a friends 488 and about a year later it looked exactly the same as when I first put it on. He did approx 6-7k HARD miles.

Janjie likes this.
  16. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Yes, this is the reason why I got the Capistro Twin Sound system, valves can be controlled by the remotes which makes it tolerable but when they open up at around 4,000 rpm, it roars …. It's probably just me as my days of loud exhausts are over (sport tuned many of my cars in the early days of driving...lol), but I'm not ready to move onto the quiet Lexus's unless its the LFA.....LOL.

Cheers
    FN