2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by FerrariFR33458, Mar 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    What does a Chiron have to do with these cars?

So you are saying that LF feels heavy? You must be the first one who is saying that...

Well, no one knows the exact weight until someone weighs a Valkyerie or a T50. The LF is about 1570 kg fully fuelled. These cars will be some 10 years younger, if and when they reach production. Technology has evolved.

2. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    1570-1650 depending on spec with fuel it seems for the LA

of course no one has weighed a valk or a t50, Gordon insists that the t50 weighs 980kg with fluids and has complained how manufacturers give dry weights which are meaningless. I believe it'll weigh that and I'm also confident the Valk will be light too, look at the engineering of it! there's no reason to doubt it

3. Big Swole

Big Swole Karting

Jun 20, 2020
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    David

I do too. I was obviously just messing with the guy. He came in and quoted me, in disagreement.

Both opinions are totally subjective and neither are wrong.

I believe the 288GTO to be the most beautiful car made. I can't afford either, so it's Lotto dreams for me anyway. lol

Carry on.

of2worlds and ag512bbi like this.
  4. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    I'm not the only one. My point is why won't they go for lightness ?!? They've had the Milechili project/idea for a very long time

Bas likes this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Haven't heard it from anyone else...

Lightness is not the goal, performance and feel is the goal. Being light helps, but there are many factors in play.

6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Ferrari wont make such a car because it will be over 3m EUR once development costs are included, very little of the cars technology will be relevant to the rest of the range (you simply cannot use such a bespoke V12 for the normal cars and most people dont want a manual gearbox) and I very much doubt they will find more than 150 buyers at that price...If Aston launched the Valkyrie now they would have trouble selling the 150 cars and my info suggests that more than 20 of the 100 T50 build slots remain unsold (I have friends getting called frequently).

The T50 is a wonderful proposition for a low volume manufacturer (and I must say I like it very much) but it is not a good idea for someone like Ferrari.

Ferrari’s hypercar will probably be something that uses the house V12 with small modifications, has a bespoke carbon chassis/body and will sell at or below 2m in 500 copies...it can never weigh 1000 kilos ....

Personally I would queue up to buy a Ferrari with carbon body N/A V12, no hybrid systems and 1200 kg weight, but I cant see them making it

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JackCongo and of2worlds like this.
  7. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    So what if it will be over 3m EURO, it can even cost 10 million and people will still buy it.
    The FXXK costs more than any Ferrari halo car and people have bought it.

So what ?! That doesn't matter. The halo car should stand on its own, above all of the other products of the company.

You can make an automatic/semi-automatic with paddle shifters, that won't add much weight.

They don't need to. They can just make 100 of them at 5 million EURO per car.

Aston doesn't have the legacy of Ferrari, that's why.

That's cause it doesn't look that great, but otherwise it's a great concept.

Then that will be the company's downfall. When Ferrari launched the F40, they reigned supreme, they had the best supercar in the world.
    Now decades have passed and more and more people start going for other supercars, cause they have better performance.
    You can even see that in social media comments and comments on youtube videos. More than half of the new generation of kids would rather buy a Koegnigsegg if they ever have the money than a Ferrari.
    If Ferrari want to ge back to being the king of the supercar world, they need to have the best cars out there performance wise.
    The halo car needs to totally obliterate it's rivals on a track. The V8 cars need to outperform every McLaren and Porsche.

If Ferrari want to be the king of supercar manufacturers, they need to make the best and most expensive car, a car without any compromises. They should even built such a car without making a single profit, just as a statement.

Makuono and sampelligrino like this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    When a new car is launched it usually is the quickest, then another one comes along and takes the crown and so forth. It was like that back in the days of the F40 too; that's the name of the game.

9. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Each to his opinion. I do not believe any manufacturer can sell 100 copies of the same car for 5m EUR each in this economic environment

The FXXK was much lower in production

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    But they can sell a lot more than 1000 copies of the same car for 500k EUR each, which is why the SF90 makes more sense for the Ferrari accountants.

11. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It s a nosense, nobody use all the performances, it s just for the ego.
    I much prefer the T 50 s direction !

jpalmito, of2worlds and 9nb like this.
  12. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Precisely. Ferrari’s goal is not to be the purest supercar, it is to be highly profitable while maintaining the desirability of the brand. This is easier served by the SF90 than a car like the T50
    Also keep in mind that cars like the MacF1 / T50 that no one ever sees on the road have minimal brand value as far as the broad client base is concerned... as McLaren discovered when the had to reduce P1 planned production to 375 or when they struggle to sell scores of 720S...

Ferrari has brand recognition because people see their beautiful cars being driven on the roads of every country

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    depends entirely on resale value, I'm surprised the t.50 haven't sold them all considering the potential investment return being so high in 10+ years. although I hear rumours they are heavily vetting who buys them to focus on non-collectors who will drive them

also lets not forget Ferrari sold 500 Monza's at £1.6m which is an 812 with a modified body and not too much else.

people would buy at £3m imo

Elisesko and of2worlds like this.
  14. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Ferrari chief marketing officer Enrico Galliera revealed the new hypercar will arrive after 2022 and may adopt a different philosophy to the LaFerrari.

As it stands, Ferrari’s most powerful vehicle is the SF90 Stradale, complete with a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine, paired with three electric motors to deliver a combined 986 hp. While one may expect the LaFerrari’s successor to have more power than that, Galliera hinted that won’t be the case and that instead, the Italian marque will prioritize lightness, aerodynamics, and controllability.

Consequently, the car could be considered more of a rival to the Aston Martin Valkyrie and could spell the end of the power wars that have defined the industry in recent decades.

Galliera confirmed that the Italian marque will continue to develop its flagship 6.5-liter naturally-aspirated V12 engine and that it would prefer not to hybridize this new powertrain in a bid to ensure that it remains lightweight.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/12/next-ferrari-hypercar-to-focus-on-lightness-and-aerodynamics/

of2worlds likes this.
  15. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
  16. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    They should make a 6.5 V12 that revs to 15.000 rpm

17. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    The T50 went in that exact direction.

18. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    That's what it should be.

The SF90 is too ******** heavy

But Ferrari has plenty of other regular models that people see.
    Plus look at Buggatti, there weren't many Veyrons on the street when it first came out, yet the brand gained huge publicity cause everybody was amazed by its stats.

19. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    nope. smaller displacement for C02 emission rules , more revs yes but around 10k, displacement around 5 liters

20. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    f8 is the perfect platform for an icona f40. it already has the rear window louvers like f40, v8tt, and is called tributo. i would love to see them make it.

ross likes this.
  21. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    **** emission rules, they don't matter.
    Displacement of 6.5 liters, so that it makes a lot of torque.

22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    i bet it will be the next ferrari hypercar (1200 kgs NA no hybrid system )
    guess you are spot on.
    Difficult for Ferrari to find a way between an extreme Valkyrie and a Laferrari type of car

23. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i say 1500kg and turbo.

24. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    Let's hope if not Ferrari then other companies will create exiting cars like T50 or Valkyrie

Ferrari 360 CS likes this.
  25. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I wish they would build something like this....at the moment it seems to me that supercar manufacturers just copy what the other is doing, had McLaren not launched the turbo V8 would Ferrari have launched a turbo V8? I suspect not. Sure we have all these legislative this and that but how true is it really?