F8 - Home at last! New F8 ordered... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Home at last! New F8 ordered...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tech Nerd, Jul 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    It is a game of dollars and cents. My original spec was $410 got it down to $370 LOL

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Don't skip on the leather roof, as said OEM just bad.

Not sure on the F8 but with the 488, having full electric seats and also ticking the option electrochromatic mirrors gave you a MUCH better rear view mirror ( OEM looks like a nasty 1986 Corolla unit ) But also fully electric steering column adjustment with settings and also folding side rear view mirrors.

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Absolutely agree on that ….

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Photo please ?

5. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    Mel,
    When I drove the F8 spider it had that roof material.
    First, it doesn't match any material used anywhere else in the car. That is what makes it standout the most. It is not that it is such a "bad" material to begin with.
    If you ever saw a Speciale A pillar, it is similar. But, more open weave, thicker, and NOT what one expects in a $300K car.
    Really looks like another Ferrari design element to "make" you pony up to get a car like it can justify its price tag.
    On our 458s, the full door panels and top of the back wall are all interior color. You only had to pay for the upper zone option to get A-pillars/windshield surround to get everything to match. Had liner was always a leather vs Alcantara option. Now, you have to get the "middle zone" AND upper zone to get those areas in your seat color.
    Hope all is well.
    Randy

6. Kdarew

Kdarew Rookie

Jun 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kuma Bear
    From my dealer...

ULEZ now covers everything from the widow pillars up. On prior cars the top area was divided into two parts.

7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Good news, thanks. Was not that clear to me when I spec’d my car.

8. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    So I'm told that Leather is $2,362.00 and Alcantara is $3,037.00. I was surprised at how affordable these options are (relatively speaking, of course) and also I thought it would be the other way around. Do they both have deviated stitching?

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Yes

Tech Nerd likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

While your there do all 3 , roof, behind the seats and the firewall instead of carpet. I did :) but I did white stitching on black so it stands out better :) Im not a Carbon liker , prefer leather. Even my steering wheel is all leather but has LEDs

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tech Nerd likes this.
  11. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    All,

Wondering if there are any pics of a Rosso Fuoco F8? I’m starting to fall in love with that color and thinking about updating my spec from RC to RF.

Thoughts?
    Rick

12. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes, in the F8 thread....

13. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    So getting closer to locking in the spec. I have my SA checking on price for Rosso Fuoco paint. I've seen references to 18k on other cars, he told me he remembered it being 29k on a Pista but wasn't sure on the F8. Does anyone know?

Also thanks again to @MANDALAY for the awesome interior pics. Going to be making some changes there, too! :)

MANDALAY likes this.
  14. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    #39 Art138, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    If it’s an “ ExtraCampionario” non standard,which involves a multi layered paint its 29 thous U.S & change. At least for the PISTA. If you are near FTL Ferrari dealer,there is a Pista in the showroom with the aforementioned color.

Tech Nerd and jm2 like this.
  15. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    29k will require a bit more thought before committing. I’m in Boca so I may take a run down to see that Pista. Thanks for the heads up!

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    If the triple layer is a bit for your liking and you genuinely love Rossa Corsa consider Rosso Corsa Metalizato like mine. Its RS with a very fine metallic. Makes it look deeper and shinier than plain Rosso Corsa with no flat spots. Side by side you can see the difference.

Many will say its not worth it , I believe 10 k , but I think it is. RC not being metallic has flat spots like all solid colours

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura and Tech Nerd like this.
  17. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    All,

Pretty excited to share that I was just informed that I should expect my car to complete production on January 9th. This would be just about 6 months from deposit to completion, then I figure another 2 months or so for shipping, customs, etc. Given what I've read some others have gone through, I feel kind of lucky!

That said, I have a few days left to lock in the exact spec, so now I am starting to sweat a bit.

Based on the feedback here, I added the Alcantara Upper Zone (UALZ) and Rear (SHFA). I am tossing back and forth still between Full Electric Seats and Carbon Race Seats + Lifter. I am also really wanting the Rosso Fuoco paint, but I am told that option is now $32,904.

If I make no further changes, I am at 376k with the RF paint and 343k without. I could drop the Premium HiFi and the Carbon Headlight Insert (the latter of which I may drop anyway) and get down to 367k with RF and 334k without.

Thoughts?

-Rick

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

You have any other alcantara anywhere else ? If not i would go leather. But also depends on the colour , stitching etc Seats up to you. Carbon look nicer but ild rather the comfort of full electric. Same goes with the paint Fuoco is absolutely awesome but only you can make the decision

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

BTW what the list you have so far ?

20. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I started the spec creep game last week, as my car was still 10-Green, added lifter for peace of mind and then started to look at other reds, plus more interior bits.

Went Rosso Fuoco after liking it on as 812 (another story). Found this pic, which is identical to my spec externally:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

BTW, I think you have all the right components in your spec, just choose a few personalisation options and you'll be good. Have a look at seat/door/tunnel inserts and the rear enamel badge maybe :)

MANDALAY and SVCalifornia like this.
  21. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Here is the current spec:

Exterior:
    • EXTC - Rosso Corso (..and I intend to wrap the roof black)
    • COLL - Bonnet insert in black
    • LOGO - Shields
    • RMSV - Forged Wheels
    • CALY - Yellow Calipers - - thinking I will change these to black
    • CEIS - Carbon Splitter
    • EXA3 - Sport exhaust
    Interior:
    • Nero
    • RSFE - Full Power Seats
    • STC2 - Red stitching
    • CSB1 - Red belts
    • RVEN - Red ring on vents
    • EMPH - Cavallino in headrest
    • CIDL - Carbon driver zone + LEDs
    • Added dreamline on paddles
    • CITZ - Carbon upper tunnel trim
    • CIDH - Carbon door handles
    • CILR - Carbon bridge
    • DATR - Carbon dash inserts
    • FLMA - Colored mats with logo
    • SNDH - Upgraded sound - - thinking I will drop this
    • UALZ - Upper part in Alcantara -- thinking of changing to leather
    • SHFA - Alcantara rear wall -- thinking of changing to leather
    Other:
    • HOLK - Garage door opener
    • PAR2 - Front and rear sensors
    • PAC1 - Parking camera (included)

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Sounds really great. Ill make comments not to confuse you but just to share my thoughts.

COLL : I don't know. I have seen a few cars that the black , which is paint, with tape lines i.e edge marks. Plus will be a PITA to wrap as it will show a line. IMO leave body colour and the wrapper can put the black there for you.

Carbon : That's all up to you. I'm not a fan. Ild rather the sweet smell of leather. Also easy to scratch, will turn yellow, expensive and if its not a long time keeper will make the car more desirable to sell ,for sure, but you will loose all the money. Remember there will be a crap load of F8 's for sale when LB comes out.

CALY : Think really well on this one. Im monochromatic. If you have a black roof ild go black. Not the default though. I dont like black roofs , was the craze on Japanese cars. No black roof Aluminium all the way. I see it a being classy. I like Aluminium and 5 spoke . Again that's me. Then i put Aluminium centres, so the only yellow is the shield.

All leather if you dont have any other alcantara. Dont mish mash finishes. Look how many in the Pista. It gets a bit too much.

Sound, well im into it but even the upgraded one does nothing for me. Im used to 100 k sound systems in cars not these cheap attempts as all manufacturers.

I would really do the passenger display. Its great . Waste of money in a way yes but my wife loves it and my grandchildren will also .The new ones are really great with information. Visually it also looks great and IF i am correct no other car has it.

Everything else ild say sounds good.

The last thing is the belts. Red because of red stitching , i get that. But again IMO red has been done so much again Japanese cars. In a way the red is lost in the black. To show the shape of the leather and to be a bit different i went white. You might like it or a light grey ? Look at my pictures how it cuts the shape.

Oh btw if you have full leather seat get the seat back in leather also. Believe it or not that's an option also .

One more, save yourself the $$ if the front splitter is the only carbon delete it stay black plastic. Its either all or none. Either way all your interior that you see is carbon. Every piece yes ? That is silver? Again to look great its either all or none. There should be no silver or the darker silver at all.

You didn't mention TACO . I left mine Black . Just preferred that way.

Carbon and paint really pushes the price. That is your call. Remember you can be an individual and like things to please you. NOT others.

xBox likes this.
  23. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Part of me thinks that the most honest and bravest spec would be RC with zero options.

How much worse would such a car be?

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Upper part and rear wall, definitely leather and red seat belts would be my preferences. Congratulations on your build spot! Some have had to wait a year or more!

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agree!