Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 137 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Stroll was on mediums and Hulk was on softs which should give Hulk a half second advantage. Stroll used mediums in Qualifying 2 to start on mediums for the race.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tifosi12 likes this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Team orders. Hulk had 20 some laps in the car total. Lance has had hundreds.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  3. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Hulk has raced F1 at Silverstone 9 times vs Stroll 3 times. Stroll has driven the new Racing Point 3 weekends and Hulk knows and has raced with Racing Point/Force India for three seasons. About even I’d say. This coming weekend at Silverstone should be interesting.

tifosi12 likes this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Stroll sucks, Hulk is a very good driver.

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lance has hundreds of hours in the car and in the simulator and he still doesn't know how to operate all of the controls. You expect Hulkenburg to learn it in a few hours?

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This!

That's why I said at the end of the day the only times worth comparing is the final time with which they qualified. And that's not just an opinion that's actually how the grid is formed. In case some people forgot that... :cool:

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Building up the excuses ahead of time in case Stroll beats Hulk on the weekend?

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I admire your thorough analysis of the sport and the inevitable logic of your conclusions. :D

Of course this is only befitting given the hypothesis that a one time winner like Panis, err Alesi is the F1 racing god personified.

william likes this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Jean? yes he is, i wouldn't have said it better myself!

tifosi12 likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Dont forget that other F1 legend ..Pastor!:D

tifosi12 likes this.
  11. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Seems like an unpopular opinion around here, but I actually have started to appreciate Stroll. Of course he's a daddy's boy, but so are Verstappen or Sainz or Rosberg. Money, connections & family ties are a very good way to get into the sport, but I don't see why it would automatically disqualify someone from doing a decent job (cue the remarks about not finding a button on the wheel).

Hulkenberg on the other hand, I don't "get" as a F1 driver. 10 seasons and no podium? I would rather have seen someone like Stoffel Vandoorne get a second chance at RP than an old " never-been"

Nuvolari, tifosi12 and william like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Well said.
    Stroll will never be a star driver, but he is not as bad a some make him to be.

Nuvolari and tifosi12 like this.
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just wait and see the reactions on here once Mick Schumacher makes it into F1 despite average results in F2: He will be adored and heralded as the next MS. It's all bias BS.

william likes this.
  14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Right. He and Panis I have watched win their race by default (which is a tad unfair, they had to first finish in order to finish first, which the others didn't). Alesi won his race by actually being fastest but still remains a one hit wonder. Interestingly when you google the one hit wonders, there were more, drivers I haven't seen nor really heard of much.

My favorite remains Mika Salo. No, didn't win, but could have so easily at Hockenheim if he hadn't followed team orders. Probably still regrets that decision to this day. I met him some years later and had him sign a F1 Ferrari model I tweaked so it was him at the wheel and not MS. He liked that gesture.

william, greg328 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's a legend alright..but for the wrong reasons....

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I appreciate him too, half of the fun these days is to see how much slower he can be!

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLOLOLO...this place reasoning is sinking faster than Stroll's talent!

Bas likes this.
  18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

One drives a Mercedes. Nico never drove or tested it until last race in UK. Stroll has much more time in the car in real terms. Denying that is simply useless. Nico had months out of driving and is in a NEW car. Please lets stop being ridiculous. Stroll should do better by default. Im not a real fan but I would say the same if Stroll was not in the car and Nico faced a different pilot.

No matter Nico Stroll did poorly last weekend in a faster car. Team and press have agree'd on that. Those who are major supporters of Stroll - you have 2 options for calling and setting the press and the team into your liking LOL

19. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Hahaha. Sorry, you are wrong, very very wrong.

Papa Stroll, since day 1 in karting, used illimited money to buy the best for Lance. He had a personal coach, a personal motorhome, a personal cook (no joke), the best teams, etc.

Verstappen had a completely different route! He followed a "navy seal" discipline by Jos and since 2011 he didn't have to pay to race because back then he was already considered a top talent and CRG allowed him to race for free.. In 2013 Jos even took over the engine preparation: he were supplied with blue-printed engines by TM Racing but was responsible for the carburation tuning. Result: world champion. There was a gossip that Max was beaten by his father when his performance was not satisfactory.

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..and that Stroll didn't get ice cream for desert....

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    lol

Just about everyone in the F1 section is saying how nice it is to have Mick there, but just about everyone agrees he's not showing the immense talent his dad had!

jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  22. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Assuming he makes it to F1,... He will be the next MS in F1.

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This thread is hilarious. 99.99% of you could not make one lap in anger. I couldn’t either. Just appreciate it. It doesn’t matter whether he was born with a silver spoon. The F1 track is the great leveler.

Nuvolari, tifosi12 and greg328 like this.
  24. DF1

So far, overall the track is winning vs Stroll LOL

25. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151118/hulkenberg-confirms-talks-over-fulltime-f1-return - So not that bad a weekend for Nico LOL

Racing Point stand-in driver Nico Hulkenberg has confirmed he has had talks with other teams over a possible full-time return to Formula 1 in 2021.

The German was called in to deputise for Sergio Perez at last weekend's British GP, but was unable to start the race after a clutch issue meant that the team couldn't start his power unit.

Hulkenberg remains on standby for Racing Point this weekend and, although Perez's quarantine period has officially ended, the Mexican needs a negative COVID-19 test before he is allowed back into the paddock.

Hulkenberg says there have been no firm developments on his future, but suggested that there could be more news in the next two weeks.

"I've been in contact with quite a few people from the F1 industry, and team principals, because obviously we all know each other," he said.

"Some is just casual chat, some is more about the future subject.

"So I'm definitely in discussions and in talks there, but nothing to say concrete yet there.

"I guess it's still a matter of a couple of weeks before things will get a bit more concrete and firm.

Having qualified 13th, missing out on Q3 by fractions in last weekend's round, Hulkenberg impressed many with his ability to get up to speed despite having had no running in F1 since the end of 2019.