812 VS Rumors | Page 86 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you, this sounds exciting! I remember when the F12tdf was first shown, many people had reservations. Its possible the design will grow on us or maybe not, but they have not let us down yet! :)

deltona, Bundy and JagShergill like this.
  2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'd love to see some carbon fiber wheels available for the VS, like for the Pista/SF90

3. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

the 812 can't hit 200kph in 7.6s....

4. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Me too

dcmetro likes this.
  5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I think the most appriate term is " impressive " ;)

of2worlds, Bundy, LMH and 8 others like this.
  6. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Will the car be numbered?

456-boy likes this.
  7. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Can't wait to spec it, especially if they can make the front end more aggressive. Out of curiosity is anyone else extremely bothered by the auto start-stop button you have to press everytime especially on these track versions cars.

MarkTodd likes this.
  8. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    I’m bothered by that on any vehicle that has it regardless of brand.

cesman likes this.
  9. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Anyone have an idea of previous buying experience required to obtain an allocation if the car will be limited by production or numbered? I want to obtain an allocation but the dealer is saying need to have both 5 or 6 cars before and says I can only have an allocation if the car is limited by production

10. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    What do you mean 5 or 6 cars before? Like the 5 previous models or 5 cars from that dealership. Here it’s any v12 under your name and 812 ownership.

11. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Yea but Ferrari decided to put it up top where you have to reach up every damn time. At least in my other cars it’s close to the start engine or just automatically turns off in sport or track mode. Dumbest thing ever.

12. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    He suggested I would have had to have bought 5 or 6 cars new before being considered, I do not have an 812, I have been offer a GTS but I'm working out if I want to take it as I will have so many cars coming at the same time

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My dealer has not said the criteria is out. Normally it won't be out until the car is publicly released. Now for criteria there are two standards, Ferrari and your dealer. According to others here, dealers play a lot of games by asking customers to buy unwanted cars and such while Ferrari seems to reward their Top customers first - and Top is a fluid position earned by Ferrari for years of dedicated buying and loyalty to the brand.

Now just a guess but my hunch is that 1-2 V12s recently purchased are going to be highly suggested. 812 and a Lusso would place most people in front of most others...but that is just my guess.

Caeruleus11 and dcmetro like this.
  14. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This dealer seem to just want to push more cars so, I'm not sure its worth staying in their game, might be better off cancelling cars and just picking up used as at the moment I'm playing a game where they hold all the cards. If it's numbered I won't get it anyway, if its not it will probably go the way of the Pista and I can buy 12 to 18 months old for list without taking another £350k car in the meantime. It would be great to get it new to my spec but, I think this dealer is over playing their hand and treating me like a fool. Time will tell I suppose but, at the moment I'm not sure what I should do

15. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Does anyone knows, for the TDF, what your position as a client needed to be to be offered an allocation?

This are the 6 categories we are all catalogued by the brand:

1.- Low
    2.- Hight
    3.- Customer
    4.- important
    5.- VIP
    6.- TOP

16. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    no one knows what the criteria will be at the moment. One thing is for sure: if the car is numbered, your dealer has no say. The factory will pick the initial list of who gets the car and only if the people on the list don’t accept the offer of a build slot will the dealers recommend more names to the factory.
    One late order just before the car is released wont make much of a difference.
    Of course if the car is limited only by production time the game changes completely.

My own info suggests the car will be numbered

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  17. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    It’s good exercise for you.

18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Every non-numbered car is limited by the production time it is made. Just an obvious and not a meaningful statement. Its as magical as saying you found something in the very last place you looked. o_O

KenU, 456-boy, Bundy and 1 other person like this.
  19. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    I'd say VIP unless you went in the dealer and bought one of their ff's plus f12 and California I'm sure some dealers would've been able to make something happen. In Canada, it was much harder to get a TDF than a speciale aperta.

of2worlds and LMH like this.
  20. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    If it is numbered it will be VIP and I doubt that all VIP will get one

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

LMH likes this.
  21. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
  22. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Wa at the dealer picking up my GTS and dropping off my SF. Still no word on specifics but sounds like there will be a coupe and convertible. As noted above, if numbered your dealer won’t have a say. I was told I was in a good spot for both so fingers crossed. Also, my dealer is sold out on the GTS. Three years worth of deposits taken and builds complete. And this is a dealer that owns several locations in CA...will be interesting to see what resale looks like but at this point I have no interest in selling. Car is exceeding my expectations!

23. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Last time I heard those same words was three years about the 812 coupe. We all know how that movie played out :)

irvinest, uhn2000, cesman and 4 others like this.
  24. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In terms of the difficulty to get a car, supply vs demand is a criteria that should not be overlooked.
    Recently it seems Ferrari has no interest in excessive demand - they rather try to adjust supply with demand, no matter where they want the build number to be there is a price at which the demand will not significantly exceed the supply. And they'll try to set the price there, that's what they did with the Pista.

ScrappyB likes this.
  25. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    That’s also because they’ve seen that the recent strategy based on oversupply ended up detrimental to the brand so they are better off producing less, increasing price and model cycles to achieve the same or higher revenue and protect the exclusivity image of the brand which is key. What that means is that future models will cost much more and the concept of limited edition will lose its meaning somehow future cars will have shorter life Cycles , cost much more and limited editions will be reserved for iconas and other one-off series perhaps a few models series ( 812 VS Aperta?). That to me also may mean premiums in the future for old limited editions is likely to be lost in favour of newer high performance low production build new series. The business model has changed