456M Suspension light | FerrariChat

456M Suspension light

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by MaurizioAM, Aug 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    So, I've had the suspension light on since I bought the car and plan to get it taken care of. I recently bought a new actuator to replace the melted one that was wedged between the header and wheel well. I installed it myself few days ago but the light is still on the dash. My first question is does the suspension light get stored into memory so that getting it cleared would be necessary to see if the problem is rectified, or should it just remain off during the diagnostic checks on startup if the problem has indeed been fixed?

I have not gone through to check the other actuators to see if they are working or not, not yet at least.

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #2 Qavion, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    I thought it should clear automatically. Did you go for a short drive? On some Ferrari models, if you cycle the ignition switch too many times without moving the car, the suspension light comes on.

I think the only problems which latch are the ones related to the accelerometer. You may still have a problem with the other actuators or cogs on the shocks. I've changed 3 on my F355 in the last 5 years :rolleyes: With these problems, sometimes it's just easier to go to a dealer or independent Ferrari mechanic and just get someone to check the ECU memory.

3. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    I haven't tried to take it out yet, I finished installing late Friday night and just cycled the car on and off a few times. I'll take her out today for a little ride and see what happens. If the light remains on I will continue to check the rest of the actuators first and move on from there. Eventually sometime soon I will have to put her in the shop and have the shocks all rebuilt but in the meantime I'll make sure all components are operational. I'm also enjoying being able to work on the car a bit.

4. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Qavion and fridolin_pt like this.
  5. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    For me it took longer. While looking for someone to clear the memory it finally went off after several days of driving. Can not really say what helped.

Qavion likes this.