Lewis Hamilton | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Spinning without any damage in Q2 and grabbing pole in Q3 with a car more than one second quicker than the best of the rest is an exploit for you ?
    Do you really believe what you are saying ?
    Ah and the mighty Bottas as a teammate ..

ypsilon, stavura, Picchu88 and 3 others like this.
  2. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #302 Terra, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Lewis 35.82% (91 poles from 254 starts when including tomorrow's British GP).

Senna 40.12% (65 poles from 162 starts).

So a whopping net difference of 4.3%.

3. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Bas likes this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    It's amazing how easy it is to say that, as fchat members who sit and watch with no pressure. There have been many races where the same has happened to Bottas and he didn't recover to get the pole or win while in the "best car"

william, mdrums and Terra like this.
  5. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    You DON'T think Bottas is one of the fastest current crop of drivers on one-lap pace?

6. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Bottas is not a Top 6 driver.

Just about scrapes in Top 10.

Bas and stavura like this.
  7. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Racecraft-wise he's not in the elite group, but as far as one-lap pace goes he most certainly is.

8. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Maybe not, but racing is in Ferrari’s DNA. Without it, they’re Lamborghini.

mdrums likes this.
  9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

In the black Mercedes yes.
    Would probably also do well in the pink Mercedes.
    Stick him in the McLaren and he'd be way behind Norris.

Bas, stavura, Picchu88 and 2 others like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That’s just proved my point thank u.
    Additionally when did Lewis get a pole in a car as bad as senna 93 McLaren or senna’s lotus? Basically not much, if ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, jpalmito and Bas like this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Bottas was undefeated as teammate before he challenged Lewis, I think it was the same with Alonso, but I guess teammate rivalry doesn't count when it favors Lewis

william likes this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol, Button himself said he never seen a faster driver over a lap, and that Lewis is a great! It amazes me when people disagree with the very drivers they put in their post!

william likes this.
  13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

And F1 is not the only forum to race and maintain heritage. Just ask Porsche.

william and jpalmito like this.
  14. I agree and disagree. Personality wise, forgetibowwwtit. Jim hands down.
    In regard to the results though, I thinnk it's fair so to do.
    And I'm biased. See my avatar. Jim was/is my only hero. I chose lorenzobandini for this board only for the silly reason that it is Ferrari Chat (elsewhere I use jimclark); I wish I hadn't.
    I'm not an LH fan, because of his personality. I do, however, have the utmost respect for his driving.

I'm happy to say, that the results comparison puts Jim on top. Even in the "pole" competition, Jim comes out on top. "Hold on there..." one might say. "Look at the numbers...."
    I do. Jim took pole 45.83% of his races....Lewis' 35.97% of his, which is what one must use in determining as there were so fewer races per season in Clark's day. Jim had 8 seasons and first race of '68 (pole, fastest lap, win.....and his last :( ) ; Lewis is in his 14th season. 72 GPs to 253 GPs.
    Wins? Ever so close, but still Jim, 38.89 % to 35.97 %.
    Fastest laps? Guess who......? Yup, Jim again, twice the percentage, 38.89 % to 18.97 % for Lewis.
    Lewis wins the podium contest, but there were far more DNFs back in Jim's days as you "went for broke" (no pun intended). Everything wound as tight as a drum for performance....to win at whatever cost.
    Nowadays, the equipment has to last or you get penalized (cost cutting my arse)....'gotta keep those uninitiated "fans", and sponsors, happy with more "billboards" circulating for the duration. Those eyes and ears keep the money rolling in.
    Who gives a sheet about the "sport"......on with the "show", make 'em happy and coming back.

Jim would have had more of everything as the '49 and '72 went on to get Graham, Jochen, and Emerson races and championships during the next five years. I figure Jim would have dominated (like LH now) and all would have been his championships had he continued....... 'cept for that sad day in a damp forest, Palm Sunday, insignificant, F2 race..... :(

Naaaahhh 375+, let 'em compare away.....I sure don't mind. Compare anybody you'd like...well Fangio maybe scares me a little, but he was before my time.....:)

Senna1994 and william like this.
  15. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    #315 CRG125, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Nope, he is just has a damn good car. The way Stroll is driving at the moment he probably be just as fast. This will be the easiest championship Lewis will win.
    What pressure does Lewis have when his car is 1 second clear of the field?

stavura, SimCity3, Picchu88 and 2 others like this.
  16. DF1

You must be talking about Vettel LOL

17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Are you aware that another driver drives a Mercedes ? That Lewis has to perform to win? Did you see the Redbull beat the 1 second car last race?

william likes this.
  18. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Well hammys taking out of albon says hammy racecraft ain't too swift either.

stavura and Igor Ound like this.
  19. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Yes and Bottas is number 2. Again no real pressure for Lewis this season. The car is so damn good it can drive itself.

stavura, SimCity3, Picchu88 and 2 others like this.
  20. Oh. Then why does Merc dish out so many millions when any ol' wannabe could do it for nothing?
    .....and apparently no idea what it takes to hustle a race car....any race car.....right at it's limits as "even" VB and LH have to do to display that superiority (and, btw, probably about 80% of the other drivers to get the most out of theirs...)
    Silly comments like "The car is so damn good it can drive itself." is proof enough of the ignorance, jealousy and resentment, rather than respect, that even those other 20% deserve for being capable enough to be there......not on some chair in front of a screen, passing judgement like those that haven't a clue.

On with the "show' for the uninformed. :)

ktu and william like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    To be honest he impressed me a lot in 2007 when he challenged the two times world champion Alonso as a rookie.
    He should have accepted verstappen as a teammate since many years to definitively prove what the British journalists are trying to artificially build.
    His legacy as a true GOAT contender.
    For instance Honda wanted to hire piquet in mclaren for 1988 and Prost told them to take Senna instead because he was the next big thing for Mclaren future.

22. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I would love to see Russell replace Bottas and Hamilton mentor him.

I like Bottas, but imaging what Russel could do in a Merc and learn from a team and driver that are just at the pinnacle!!

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    +1
    I don't get this lack of bravery about Mercedes young program.
    Russell should already been in the Bottas seat.
    Ah i have just forgotten the already written story about Hamilton best of all time driver.
    Marketing guys are powerful in Mercedes.

375+ likes this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #324 ktu, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    I shouldn't even take your post seriously but I'll have some fun.
    So you think because a car is a second faster it "drives itself "? The Redbull is almost 2 seconds faster than Haas. So compared to Haas, the Redbull "drives itself " right? So explain how Albon qualified in 12th while in a car that "drives itself "
    Guys, I understand that Fchatt allows you to get away with posting comical things because Merc is a rival. But don't say these things out in the public and embarrass yourself.

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  25. DF1

Stroll fell back in Q3 lol. Beaten by a McLaren. LH spins, recovers and takes pole. Stroll drives lol. LH races and obtains the result under pressure. Stroll is an F1 tourist funded by wealth lol

ktu likes this.