Wanted - 612 | FerrariChat

Wanted 612

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by spsabga, Jul 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am looking to purchase a 612. My ideal color combination is Grigio Silverstone with Cuoio, but I know there are limited options, so I will consider all cars. I don't love black cars, but I will consider it if all the other boxes are checked.

I intend to use it as a driver, so I prefer one that has been well maintained. Service records would be great. Since I will be putting some good miles on it, I don't mind a higher miles example.

I will move quickly for the right car.

I look forward to hearing from you.

2. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
  3. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    PM sent on an OTO

4. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
  5. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    You may want to watch BAT. They dont have one right now for sale but they seem to have a 612 for sale every month or so. Here is a Grigio Silverstone that recently sold.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ferrari-612-scaglietti-10/

6. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks Ron. I do check BAT from time to time, but probably not as often as I should.

Funny you mention that particular car that sold on there because I was bidding for it and lost out due to a technical glitch. It was my first time bidding for anything on there. Me and the eventual buyer were bidding against each other for a while, and when I made my last bid, he then bid again, but for some reason my screen did not update with his last bid. So it was showing me that my bid was still the highest one, so I let the time run down. It was only when the auction was over, that it told me that he had made another higher bid. I was so pissed off at the time. Who knows how high he was willing to go and maybe he would’ve outbid me eventually anyway, but it sucked losing out that way. The seller is an Fchatter and tried to sell the car on here before the auction.

Oh well, the search continues...

jlaws02 likes this.
  7. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Paul, sorry to hear that story. It was a pretty good car and it was well priced. I also do think it is likely the best color for a 612. So keep at it. You wont regret owning a 612. I have owned mine for 5 years and I have elevated it to my daily driver and love it. (Sorry, also never going to sell it). ;)

m5shiv likes this.
  8. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Haha, thanks. I am patient and know I will find the right car for me eventually.

9. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I'll never sell my 612 or 550 either !!

RonH likes this.
  10. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Nice to hear from you Shiv. I really, really love your 550. There was a great red 550 that just sold on BAT and I seriously thought about it. However I am really immersed in my 65 Vette project and had to put it on hold (also thought it was a little over priced though it was really low mileage). But ultimately if you want a stick V12 there is nothing sweeter.

m5shiv likes this.
  11. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Ron, I felt that the 6k mile red 550 was a bargain because even though it needed a service the overall condition was extremely good and I looked at so many !

OP, didn't meant to hijack your thread, but it took me 2 years to find my 612. So you have to have patience because they are out there, waiting to be found !

12. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No worries, you are keeping me at the top of the page and giving me advice. Win, win for me.

Thanks

13. 612Sergio

612Sergio Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    LOs Ángeles
    Full Name:
    Sergio J. Siderman
    I’ll send you a pm

14. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Check Algar’s inventory.

15. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks. I just went and looked at one for sale near to where I live, and I was shocked at how neglected it was. I don’t think I’ve seen many cars in such poor condition, let alone a Ferrari. It’s amazing to me that the previous owner thought so little of it. All of the neglect I’m talking about was cosmetic stuff that I could see, so I could only imagine what mechanical gremlins were lurking underneath too. What a shame!

16. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Paul,

I can’t seem to figure out how to do a personal message on this forum, so if you would like to discuss this further we can communicate via email at [email protected]

I have been toying with the idea of selling my 2007 612 Scaglietti, and it seems to match what you are looking for.

Grigio Silverstone over Cuoio with Daytona seats.

I bought the car 2.5 years ago with 12,000 miles on the odometer and just passed 19K during a road trip through Oregon last month, so I have not been shy about driving it.

Unlike many 612s that you will encounter, however, this one is in fantastic shape. It scored 99.5/100 points at each of the last two FCA Northwest Chapter Concours including a 1st place finish in the Modern Front Engine V12 class last year.

It has the desirable HGTC Package, which includes sport tuned exhaust, transmission, and suspension along with carbon ceramic brakes.

The last major service was in 2016, so it will be due next year. Current set of Pirelli P-Zeroes went on when I bought the car.

Send me an email if you would like more photos and details.

Best regards,

Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rampante550 likes this.
  17. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Beautiful car Chris!

Paul, I also have a 2007. While Chris’ car is not an OTO, it does have the HGTC Package and Challenge wheels (not sure if they were part of the Package). That is a very desirable Package and wheels and something my car and most other 07s do not have. Also the 07 has the Bose radio which is better than the prior Becker radio. My car has about the same mileage as Chris’ and I have had no major issues.

So overall a very desirable car IMHO.

Ron

18. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks Chris. I just sent you an email.

19. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yep, nice build.

20. Soto Veloce

Soto Veloce Karting

Aug 7, 2005
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Chris Heller
    Thanks for all of the positive feedback. I should probably learn how to PM folks on this site. My public reply to the OP has generated a few other emails expressing interest in the car.

I didn’t intend for this to turn into a classified ad for my car, so I should just put it out there:

I am asking $117,500. I am aware that this is high for a non-OTO 612, so no need to let me know as much on this forum. That said, given its options, Concours performance, and my lack of motivation to sell, that is what it is.

I am happy to email more information if anyone is still interested.

21. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    I have a 2009 OTO Silverstone/Iroko, looks like the model car for the 612 on the Ferrari website. It is an OTO though and would bring top of market money. Not sure if that's what you are looking for. Email me [email protected] if you want to talk.

22. Finishlineclassics

Feb 21, 2018
    Katonah, N Y
    Full Name:
    Bobby Epstein
    I have a 2006 I would sell. Just sold a storage building so I have to downsize my collection a bit.

23. spsabga

spsabga Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks Bobby. I’ve come to an agreement with someone else and just waiting on a PPI now. Nice collection you have.

RonH likes this.
  24. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Congratulations Paul! You will have to share details and pictures as soon as your deal is done.

Bobby, I agree with Paul about your collection. Like the Vettes as well as the 612. I have both a 612 and a 65 Vette convert. Not nearly as extensive as your collection but certainly a lot of fun.