Eastern Shore/ Delmarva | FerrariChat

Eastern Shore/ Delmarva

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by NYC Fred, Jul 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Getting off Fire Island to road trip w the new Guilia. Spending a few nites in Brigantine NJ w fam then south to Lewes Ferry + 4 nights in Chincoteague.

Looks like the NASA facility is covid closed. Good museums? Historic homes or (gasp) plantations? What's a must see? Plan to drive Eastern Shore to the bottom. Missing the pony roundup by a couple of weeks.

Seafood restos? We like laid back feet in the sand kinda places.

TY in advance. If you ever get to FI, I'm happy to return the favor...

2. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    In Salisbury, MD there is the Ward Museum of hand-carved duck decoys. Phillips Crab House in Ocean City, MD is a popular restaurant.

3. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I believe Philips shutdown.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    While in Lewes try Agave if you like Mexican. There will likely be a decent wait though.

6. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    First be forewarned the lower part of the peninsula goes on FOREVER with nothing to see and a lot of small towns with speed limits and cops. If, however, you get to Cape Charles the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is quite an engineering feat. If you get that far, go a little farther and do the Military Aviation Museum in Va Beach...stunning collection!!!.
    Other places on peninsula; St Michaels is super cute town with the Chesapeake Maritime Museum...a must see. Take a short ride on the site seeing boat The Patriot if you're looking for a place to stay there are lots of B&Bs as well high class digs like the Inn at Perry Cabin where Wedding Crashers was filmed . High Class dining? Try 208 Talbot. A short drive will take you to the the oldest running ferry in the US over to the town of Oxford. Charming to walk through and a decent waterfront restaurant (Capsize). City of Easton has more sophisticated shopping (Talbot County is one of the wealthiest in the US). Kent Island has a ton of seafood restaurants looking out on the channel for the very busy drawbridge. The busiest drawbridge in the US is down the road from St Michaels on Tilghman Island. That's pretty much the high lights. South of Easton in Cambridge.with the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge. There is also a very interesting museum based on Harriet Tubman's amazing exploits right next to the refuge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    #7 NYC Fred, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    ((First be forewarned the lower part of the peninsula goes on FOREVER with nothing to see and a lot of small towns with speed limits and cops)))

Had semi planned a drive down to Cape Charles...really not worth the time/effort, eh?
    I am curious abt the Bridge/tunnel tho.
    Thanks for the info

As a former catboat owner, i guarantee the Maritime museum will be 3 hours of torture for my wife...LOL