Reccomendations for motorcycle camera system | FerrariChat

Reccomendations for motorcycle camera system

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by SAFE4NOW, Jul 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Perfect world this is what I am looking for:

1. Discreet camera system ( something that you would be looking for to find it on the bike ) I only need an on off button at most, I do not need a screen to look at while I am riding.
    2. 1080 or higher resolution / color a must
    3. Capacity - A system that would allow me to simple swap out SD cards over 10 days of riding to edit later
    4. Dual camera - Front and Rear capable
    5. GPS - A system that tracks where I am, real time would be even better
    6. Remote In - Is this even an option, where someone could remote in and watch real time

Am I asking too much, is there even a system available that would do this?

If I am, please share your personal experience with a camera system that meets at least some of my wish list.

What else am I missing?

Steve

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. NORTY

NORTY Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2008
    CARLSBAD, CA, USA,
    Full Name:
    NORTY
    Various "lipstick" cameras can be hidden in fairings, but their audio leaves a lot to be desired. MSF did a study a few years ago, with about 200 motorcycles of all designs. You might contact their office in Tustin and and inquire what camera's/equip they used for their study.
    I led a ridercoach ride and the MSF safety director rode a Suzuki GSXR 1000 with 5 cameras + telemetry onboard...

They also "caught" him doing in excess of 150mph on HWY S1 just East of Lake Cuyamaca @ 1156 hrs...

He now works for BMW...:rolleyes:

Texas Forever and SAFE4NOW like this.
  3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I ended up with THINKWARE Sports M1 dual camera kit.

I purchased various mounting brackets and hardware off Amazon, then spent an hour mocking up mounting points to make the cameras the least obvious as possible, while still being functional.

I chose a mirror mount for the front camera with a 360 degree swivel add on that allows me to rotate the camera body straight up or down and to the side near the handlebar
    The rear camera is getting integrated into the rear seat.

Photos to follow once the seat is finished.

Texas Forever likes this.