Mondials For Sale | Page 100 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I don't live in fear of my cars either. I've got an 85 on 10 year belts and this 88 I have no clue how old they are. I have no qualms firing them up when spring hits MN after 6 months of storage. I certainly have plans to get in there on both and update blets/hoses/pump/etc but it will happen when it happens. For a lot of buyers though its a big deal one way or the other and I can understand that too.

JLF, WilyB and TAS37 like this.
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Those interested in buying an "unserviced" Mondial t (3.4) are taking a huge gamble if they don't have a reputable shop nearby and are unable to DIY.

3. Doramon0720

Doramon0720 Karting

Jan 17, 2015
    Rancho Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Steven
  4. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
  5. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    The owner seems to have a bit of an attitude, but the car looks nice. Apparently he decided to roll the dice and defer belt service. So the first order of business would be a major service. On the positive side, you might be able to get it for alot cheaper than some of the other T-cabs that have appeared on BAT recently.

6. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Yah, but I feel like there are always some decent T cabs to pick from for similar money anyways. BAT seems like a pretty poor way to buy a mondi to me

7. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Sold mine. Brad sold it.
    Art

8. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Silver QV coupe up on BAT

9. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
  10. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
  11. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Oh! Got it. Missed that. Not sure why they out it on BAT wanting 50 though.... that would be the highest mondi sold there IIRC. Just wait for private sale if you want that. Not like there isnt a pretty established market value on these cars

12. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I don't disagree, but $31k was pretty low for BaT mondial auctions based on this car's condition etc. I don't think they would get $50, but I was surprised that it didn't get over $40k or so. Interesting to watch.

13. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    "Vallejo"??? Doesn't inspire too much confidence in the Seller. It is "Valeo" and I doubt 50 units were made. I think more like 5 or 6, at least in North America where this Seller is located.

Regards,
    Jerry

14. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Obviously a knowledgeable owner removes a headache, but owners with no idea how to advertise what they have is how you get great deals. Assuming this is real and not a conversion, there is a lot of leway in that price for fixing what the O may not have been aware of at least. If you can get a good inspection (and do the work yourself) it may not be a bad move (obviously depending on what is wrong)

15. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  16. Morgan Zimmerman

Jun 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Morgan Zimmerman
  17. milko1969

milko1969 Formula 3

Feb 21, 2012
    Breda, Holland
    Full Name:
    Milko
  18. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    I in in OC and have been tempted as hell to see if they will do a test drive. I have been kinda set on a qv or 3.2 cab, but the price is so nice I am certainly tempted. Just a bit worried about how damn slow that are tbh

19. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  20. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    You should drive it see what it feels like to you, why not?

21. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Wow. Gg. No mention of that anywhere at all in the add. No. Probably can't register in cali

Honestly, because they were kind of *******s last time I went to look at a car

22. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Speaking of a Prunga cabriolet, there are currently two on FeeBay:
    • 1985 QV with luggage, and seasoned eBay seller
    • 1984 QV previously mentioned, with zero feedback seller
    Out of curiosity, what wheels are these? They remind me of 308 wheels. The auction description doesn't specify.

Though it isn't anymore "accurate" than putting 348 or 360 wheels on a Mondi, I like the look of these wheels better than either of those! :cool:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    eBay also has a listing for a QV coupe in Australia. I LOVE the lines of the coupe model. :)

Oh, and as an aside, I thought Australia was "the land down under". Based on all the photos, is it actually "the land on one side"? :D;)

1985 QV Coupe

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Most likely 16" wheels from a 328. Best to see this set-up in person as, to me, the front wheel offsets make them protrude out of the wheel wells too much.

25. Morgan Zimmerman

Jun 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    Morgan Zimmerman
    I found that one on car gurus. I love this forum because if I do find one I like I can see if someone on here has talked about it, especially if there’s something that a noob’s eyes like mine aren’t able to see from the pictures. Did 328’s have the metric wheel trx tire conundrum like the other 80’s Ferrari’s? And is that even still an issue?