Just Bought a 360 ... What's Next ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Just Bought a 360 ... What's Next ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Herbert Hamber, Jul 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Fair enough price but I wouldn't do the Pirelli's.

Herbert Hamber likes this.
  2. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Check prices and availability online @ Tirerack.com. I bought some Pirelli’s last month without issue.

3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Last time I got a quote from Tirerack they would not provide date codes for the tires. I asked because my last purchase from them yielded "new" tires that were 3 years old, based on the date codes.
    I ordered new tires from my local Discount Tire shop so I could verify the date codes. Price was a little higher.... plus tax.....for a 360 Modena coupe I wasn't going to worry about it.

Herbert Hamber and jcurry like this.
  4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Good point. Online provides an easy comparison of price. I definitely agree you need to call as both Tirerack and Discount websites have shown tires available but when I called they said back ordered with no date known. Depends on tire and size.

5. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Discounttiredirect.com

Michelin pilot sport 4s.

I paid like $1300 installed with tax

BrettC and Herbert Hamber like this.
  6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    This is still true, I ordered 2 tires for my Ford GT 3 months ago.....one was 2 yr and one was 3 yr old.

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Online purchasing is more problematic for tires that are less commonly used. PS4S in these sizes should have a fair amount of churn so I wouldn't expect much issue. Sizes for your Ford GT is a different problem.

8. TheRealFlyingBear

Apr 27, 2020
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Feels a bit high. Installation is typically <$200 for all four wheels unless you go to a high performance shop that specializes in custom alignment. Personally, I don't like Pirelli's but they are the most expensive OEM size for a 360. However, if you check tire rack, I think you can get a set of four for < $1500.

9. Herbert Hamber

Herbert Hamber Karting

Jul 17, 2020
    Irvine Ca
    Full Name:
    Herb
    #59 Herbert Hamber, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  10. plahaye

plahaye Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    S La. swamp
    Full Name:
    Phil LaHaye
    The plastic vents have studs on them that push into metal retaining clips. Even if you were replacing the oem plastic vents the dash must be pulled. It is a pain and takes a long time but is not rocket surgery.

11. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    On the coupe you can see the timing belt for bank 5-8 (USA Passenger side) from the engine right? IDK about the Spider though and if the belts are old the code can be hard to see.

I think the price is pretty good. I know some of you hot shots don't like the Pirellis but I like mine.

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    The PZ4s (latest gen) are different from the other P-Zeros you have here, which are last gen. You can even see the tread difference. You would be better off with matching PS4S, which are current gen for front and back.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

13. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    As I recall, there is a cover over the belts. Not sure how you get a look under them without removing them

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/360-group/360-modena/timing-tappets-and-shields.html

14. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    get Michelin pilot sport from tire rack.

15. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    I love Discount Tire. FYI, they'll match prices from Tire Rack and other online retailers.

16. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    If the tensioners were replaced, it is 99.99% certain that the belts were done at the same time. The belts must be removed to change the tensioners.

Herbert Hamber and Apollo 11 like this.
  17. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin

Opps USA Drivers Side! LOL

Gotta protect my rep! LOL

18. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    You cannot see the timing belts or tensioners without removing the timing covers. Only the accessory belts are visible.
    The belts are behind the black timing covers in this pic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Herbert Hamber, Skidkid and imahorse like this.
  19. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I'm sure there are some great indi shop in the OC and a member here can recommend one. Here in LA I go to Blackhorse and Carl is great. He will tell you exactly what your car needs or doesn't.

20. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    You are able to see a patch of the belt, but not in a way that would allow you to gage wear. To do that properly from my understanding, the belts have to be off of the car. Looking back on buying my car, I know they were full of it when they said they inspected the timing belts and that they were good. I pulled out 18 year old timing belts a few months later.

Need4Spd and Herbert Hamber like this.
  21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    There are a lot of hucksters and shysters in the exotic car world.

travel carefully

22. Herbert Hamber

Herbert Hamber Karting

Jul 17, 2020
    Irvine Ca
    Full Name:
    Herb
    Thank you all again for the wonderful feedback ! THANK YOU !!

I ordered four new tires from Tirerack and of course hit a slight snag (in spite of triple checking everything four times), namely I asked that all four tires be of the same type, namely Pirelli P-Zero - the choice was I admit an emotional one (as opposed to Michelin's), since Italian Pirellis are what are there from the start.

Anyhow I asked the lady at Tirerack for PZ4, end ended up having ZR 20's in the back and R 19's in the front (no Z on the latter). Seriously, with two Z's in the name, they are not Z rated?? That somehow slipped when I ordered them? Hello I said same type tire front & back ??? Nevertheless they all say PZ4 on the tire side though, that I made sure.

When I took them to the Ferrari NB dealer for installation he mumbled something about liability for not having the Z, you know when you sell the car maybe later etc ... But then he kinda gave in & said ok I will mount them.

23. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yes that does look good and closed up but I thought you could see a little bit of the belt on the other side when looking forward from the rear tire? Quite possible I am full of it but you can see one belt from that spot! lol maybe a different belt...

24. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Oh is that Newport Beach? My car was serviced there by the previous owner back in the day.

25. 0phantom0

0phantom0 Rookie

Feb 14, 2016
    I've had 2 ferrari 360's and BOTH of them I had to replace the fuel pumps. They last 10 years max. Have them do the rollover valves at the same time.
    For your remote theres a company in south florida that can disable your immobilizer or create new key fobs. It's a common source of pain for many 360 owners. Mine is also on the fritz and will be going there.