488 challenge servicing requirements | FerrariChat

488 challenge servicing requirements

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by MrGT3, Jun 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MrGT3

MrGT3 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    Does anyone have details on servicing requirements and typical costs incurred.eg i know 991.1 cup cars need a major engine inspection every 50 hrs and have a manual that details all the service intervals for various components. is there anything equivalent for the 488C? if so can anyone provide link to it??. thanks in advance!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. MrGT3

MrGT3 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    bit of update for those interested. ferrari service centre tells me servicing is similar to road car but shorter intervals that they work to. between2500 and 5000 km for fluids and basic checks. im told no strict replacement of parts on hours or kms so they basically get run until exhibiting wear.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  3. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    I have a 458C. Service is dependent on how hard you drive it. The last few tenths put much more wear on the car, and things break...but that of course in not specific to Ferrari.

MrGT3 likes this.
  4. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    We change all fluids after every event.

5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

We would change all fluids between each event as well. Plus brake flush several times during the day.

Overkill, maybe, but its cheap insurance, and puts eyes on all over the car, catching something before it happens on the track.

This was during a regular season. For fun , weekend DE style events, push it out to every other. Brake rotor replacement is due to time vs miles.

S

MrGT3 likes this.
  6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    One big weakness on the 488 Challenge cars are the drive bolts. The bolts mounted on the wheel hub. They tend to sheer off. Our team inspects them after every session and then has them replaced as needed - which is a lot.

4_Eff_Sake and MrGT3 like this.