Sad Trend: YouTube Pilots Reported to the FAA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sad Trend: YouTube Pilots Reported to the FAA

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by kylec, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    You (might) be surprised just how many pilots who know what they're doing, and do a lot of it, are never seen or heard from on the internet for this very reason.

There's a vast wealth of knowledge that stays "under the radar".

kylec likes this.
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I would not put anything on YouTube that involves regulations and agencies. So car building, home remodeling, anything with airplanes is something to avoid. I'm sure enough people would be out there alerting authorities if the car is breaking noise regulations, possible emissions with ECU changes/engine swaps, home possibly not to code, etc, etc. Not worth the hassle.

kylec and Boomhauer like this.
  3. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA

There has emerged, in parallel with the broader societal "cancel culture" a trend of scalp-hunting on all of social media. It's become a blood sport. It's an ugly side of human psychology but some people just live to take down perceived authorities. Someone has said, 'the human brain is not sufficiently evolved to cope with twitter.' There may be truth to that...

tritone and kylec like this.
  4. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Who cares...stupid people doing stupid things and showing them off to other stupid people who go after and make a big stink about what they see...it's all good...stupid poeple generally deserve each other.

donv likes this.
  5. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Yeah, and as my son says, "You can't fix stupid."

Hannibal308 and donv like this.