SF90 Stradale - YES/NO/MAYBE | Page 8 | FerrariChat

SF90 Stradale - YES/NO/MAYBE

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

The new SF90 Stradale -

1. I ordered one

16.1%
  2. I will order one

9.4%
  3. I’m considering

14.2%
  4. No sorry, nothing for me

35.1%
  5. I would if I could

20.3%
  6. Waiting for a preowned one

5.0%
  1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Even if I was given the keys to a SF90 I would hand them back
    Maybe a collector might buy one or some rich person but I’ll be totally surprised if someone trade their Pista/488 etc for one

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Oh BTW that exaggerated rear spoiler just looks like a duck spoiler reminiscent of 80’s Toyota’s

Astrid.Didier and Shadowfax like this.
  3. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Are you saying that those who like and intend to purchase an SF90 are not Ferrari lovers?

stavura, Bundy, KenU and 1 other person like this.
  4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I believe I made too much of a generalisation and expressed my opinion
    Yes there will be those that want the latest Ferrari because they like it
    I know of 2 SF90 customers and both will never give up their Pista or their older Ferrari’s
    Money nothing else
    Again imo a generalisation I can’t see anyone giving up their current Ferrari for a SF90 if it’s the only one car they wish to have.
    On the day of showing the crowd was much bigger around the Pista in the show room than on the SF90 and the comments were complimentary with the sales but when they moved it was a yep NO

Astrid.Didier and Shadowfax like this.
  5. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’m not yet smitten by the SF90 design, but I don’t think you can safely generalize. ScrappyB is a true Ferrari enthusiast and a gentleman with an admitable racing background. He also has some seriously legit cars (street and race) from numerous other manufacturers.

As crazy at it seems to me now, I didn’t immediately love the F12 tdf design when I first saw it. Maybe, the SF90 design will grow on me, too. It is a pretty impressive technical achievement.

sampelligrino, KenU and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Unfortunately the older I get, the faster my race cars need to be to stay competitive!

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I will never forget reading that upon viewing the new model in person the Ferrari cupcake was more desirable! That's FChat gold right there.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #183 Shadowfax, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    I sadly must concur with Mandalay on his sf90 sentiments - (sorry Ferrari lovers but I was a bit gutted tbph) - although actually I found the coffee more desirable and thank god for that really as the traffic out and back was tiring. After seeing Sf90 the 720 went up in my estimations considerably. Yes i just said that.....ok go easy.....well you can thank sf90s design team for that!

PS I swear the wheel gap is getting bigger by each model release. Maybe they are warming the Ferrari lovers up to the idea of an suv? A hybridized suv 2 seater with 1100hp and a monkeys nose.

9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    The poll suggests 65% are either buying one, planning to buy one, considering to buy one or would if they could afford it. 35% hate it. That seems similar or even a little better than other recent polls (812 comes to mind, people now seemingly pretty warm to that car after a lot of noise at the start). Wondering if the designers would see that as success?

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The more I see it the more I like it (seen it a few times F2F) . Its down to how it drives IMO

12. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Will be 1800kg. Far too heavy. Ferrari will never get the weight down on hybrids until they switch to CF.

Should be ok for road use, but useless on track. Even though it will be able to set a single great hot lap time.

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    About 1720 wet, but that doesn't mean anything nowadays; it's the weight management that matters.

14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    so 500kg's more thane a 765LT !!!!

This is nuts - I know what I would prefer

Jas likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #190 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Wondering what McLaren will come up with Hybrid wise? Likely as good as SF 90?Lighter? (other than the Speedtail )

16. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Certainly will be much lighter. Whether it's good, we will have to wait and see.

Next McLaren hybrid is just a RWD one though, and the replacement platform for 570S/600LT/620R. It's the 720S/765LT replacement new platform hybrid that will compete with SF90.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    More likely the noise of that V12 converted a few 'fence sitters' into buyers. Especially once buyers understood what else Ferrari was developing in the pipeline for other future models...

Bundy likes this.
  18. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Funny, but I loved the 812 from the moment I saw it at the Maranello unveiling. Maybe in person is better than photos? Or just being at the factory?!

Then again, I also love the FF from the beginning.

Boomhauer, Bas and of2worlds like this.
  19. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Until you drive it you won’t really know. Everyone criticised the Porsche 918 weight until they saw what it was capable of. Heavier - yes, but as or more capable than anything McLaren or Ferrari could throw at it. Their Nurburgring lap was sensational. looking at the SF90 Porsche seems like it got the cocktail right first time.

How many variants can McL spin off the same carbon tub, V8 and gearbox before people stop buying. Little wonder the company is in dire financial trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, Igor Ound and Boomhauer like this.
  20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Having spent quite some time in the 918 - I would disagree - you can definitely feel the weight. I will be driving the SF90 in he next few months and will make up my mind then.

21. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Agree.

Unfortunately technical marvel that the SF90 no doubt is just does not interest me, the design to me is fussy in the extreme, the back especially and dare it say it there are not enough bespoke elements to it and what is bespoke lack any sort of elegance to me. Perhaps the car looks better in person.

Sure, its fast zero to 200 km/h in 6.7 seconds but where do you actually use that performance? Down here in the 3rd world, sure you could some of the time use the potential of the SF90 but even then you would need to pick your opportunities carefully and your location.

Ferrari, can we have a lightweight Dino type car with 400 bhp next?

22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Unfortunately not...

23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Ferrari has never been in light cars anyway - a Dino is light compared to modern cars, but so are all cars of its time - when a 911S was lighter than a Dino 246.

24. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

Yes, this. Carbon tub.

About time Ferrari stopped being cheap for 99.9% of their cars.

25. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    McLaren is moving to a V6 hybrid as well so is everyone else. The difference - they will probably use that v6 across all their cars. There is very small chance that their hybrid engineering will be anywhere close to Ferraris. They are a turbo platform from day one and still their turbo lag is no where close to Ferraris. Even with the P1 and hybrid tech in it they had turbo lag when that was the number one reason for using hybrid tech for P1. One may or may not like Ferrari's current design and product strategy but when it comes to automotive engineering the only firm that comes remotely close to Ferrari is Porsche and only time they match Ferrari engineering is with their halo cars.