red "tape" on ansa exhaust | FerrariChat

red "tape" on ansa exhaust

Discussion in '206/246' started by vrooom, Jul 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    just finished doing a little touch up with rustoleum black high heat spray - approx 5 " inboard of the chrome tips. ansa used to come with a thin red border at that point ,some kind of tape i think . any ideas as to what might work ?

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I've used red electrical tape, cut down to 1/2" width. Since electrical tape is somewhat stretchy, the challenge is to keep it straight, especially in harder to reach areas. Seems to hold up very well. Or you can buy red stripes from a couple different sources for way more money (and my experience is the ones I've tried don't last).

3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  4. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
  5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I can't vouch for the quality of Parker's kit Ron. I bought 12mm pin stripe tape for my exhausts from a car accessory store and have had no problems with that. The added bonus is that it came in a long roll so I have lots spare should I need to replace any.

synchro likes this.
  6. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    thanks for the info, will try some pin stripe tape - pretty hidden spot , little to lose.

7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Go to any sign shop and ask them for a scrap of red decal vinyl. They'll give it to you and you can cut some strips and use that. Quite durable and cheap.

8. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    i have some left from a project , will give it a try - wonder how it will do with exhaust heat...

9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Quality decal material from 3M, Oracal, or Avery is normally rated for 7 years outdoor use in the sun. Its pretty durable stuff.

10. celestialcoop

celestialcoop Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2006
    Full Name:
    Coop
    synchro likes this.