488 Pista Values | Page 23 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Any data on actual sold prices?

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    About 4 months ago one sold. Asking $649k CAD ending up selling for $629K CAD. In Canada, these
    Pistas cost $300k CAD ( including tax) more than a new F8.

The original MSRP difference between the 2 cars was $115KCAD.

C50 and Gh21631 like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Certainly not the case in the US unless you got swindled into buying some car(s) you didnt want first.

09Scuderia likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    In the US that was the case. The dealers would tell potential buyers that these cars were so limited that they would more than make up for the loss on the Lusso which many were required to purchase first. I bet many people stretched themselves only to find they were losing on both sides or at best breaking even on the Pista. The ones for sale will get scooped up and there will be very few good examples which will keep prices stable. It has the looks and performance and this is to be the last VS that's a non hybrid which matters to many of us.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    992 turbo is very fast, but this pavement was a tad wet which allowed the 911 to get the jump. If you watch the roll race the 720 walks it pretty easy. However for a lot more weight and less hp it’s a very impressive car. I have ordered a turbo s cab as a daily driver, which includes Michigan Winters.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What are people’s thoughts on the gold wheels?

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Depends on the spec

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    looks good on red cars in my opinion

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #559 Shadowfax, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    992 tts is a beast and will prove an incredible dd and all round power house. Am tempted but may hold off for gen 2. At 10.1 down the quarter its clearly as fast a 720 and produces faster time than any Pista so its right up there. Just goes to show the unrelenting improvements the germans achieve. Its a pity Ferrari cant match this level of achievement when they made Pista and F8. They couldnt even match the older 720 in a straight line down a standing quarter. Sad really.

Pista is a great car but Ferrari had the opportunity to make it at least more tractable as a 2wd yet couldnt. They could have at least put wider wheels on the rear but were too stingey. They seem to like the money though but have a problem in delivering the goods. Again evidenced by lack of effort into the noise - no valve controller - and dud media and electronics etc. Should have had better seats and a roll bar w harnesses as std equip etc.

Tts may be awd but its heavier with less hp and could probably produce a 10 sec pass or less. Now thats engineering. I can only imagine where they will be when the next gt2rs surfaces. Ferrari has been out of the game ever since Mac surfaced. It’s like theyve raised the white flag and taken the luxury goods exit as a fallback.

Ps On the gold wheels, not a fan as they are too hard to coordinate without cancelling out the brake caliper to black.

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ferrari can compete but the cars need to be modified and of course you may run into warranty issues. I'm anxiously awaiting my 765, this might be the one.

Shack and Shadowfax like this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #561 Shadowfax, Jul 26, 2020
    The problem is Ferrari charge like a wounded bull but only deliver half the goods. Pista shouldve had bigger rotors and so many other things sorted out so you dont need to start from scratch in certain key areas of the car.

And 765 will smash Pista - you can see that one a mile off. I really like the Pista and want to have a Ferrari in the stable but the way things are looking im beginning to think i may be best clearing it off while i can get a decent dollar for it. My fear is it might wind up being like how it was when the 2rs arrived - where 488 became no longer interesting or exciting enough to drive anymore.....was just too unresolved to warrant throwing money at it to fix all the misgivings which shouldnt have been there in the first place. I still struggle to comprehend how Ferrari has been getting away with it for as long as they have.

Gh21631 likes this.
  12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You rarely say a good thing about Ferrari anymore. You’re probably better off selling and just moving on. Save yourself the negativity.

Napoli and Coincid like this.
  13. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Although I agree with you in principal..Ferrari should of/could have done with Pista.....the brand still holds an allure among followers and enthusiasts which Mac will be hard pressed to win over - regardless of straight line prowess.

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #564 Shadowfax, Jul 26, 2020
    I enjoy my Pista and I genuinely do love it but i'm not gonna kid myself it couldn't and shouldn't have been better -especially for the money. Some of you guys seem to have a problem with the truth when you should be calling it out. No wonder Ferrari has been getting away with dishing up half a car for as long a they have.

Some may be happy just buying into the dream but some of us actually expect the car to live up to the dream. I'm from the later camp.

And how can you stay positive looking at what they have coming out? If they perhaps spent less time backslapping one-another over their self proclaimed achievements at these fancy tea parties playing up to and cajoling the party faithful and spent more time focusing on delivering the bloody goods then they wouldn't be lagging in F1. Mercedes has owned them for years now.

Bhh likes this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    No way, Ferrari gets raked over the coals here by many. I’d say it’s very fair. One thing Ferrari doesn’t do though is not leave room for the next model to be better than the current. The Pista dominated tracks everywhere when it came out. Maybe not perfect, but a huge improvement over the 488 and superior to the 720S imho. That was their goal. 765LT will be badass and dominate, until the thing that comes and is better, so on and so on.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Art, they are much more than straight line performers. Believe me, they are incredible all around performers.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #567 Shadowfax, Jul 26, 2020
    Absolutely. The pro racers who attend our days direct their praise at 2 cars mainly. The gt2rs and the 720s. And they get to drive them all. The guy I had recent conversation with - who wins races - barely even consider the Ferrari as a contender on a circuit against these 2. Another contender which surfaced recently - the 4.0 Cayman gt4 - also producing some very fast times.

Gh21631 likes this.
  18. gmo28

gmo28 Rookie

Apr 14, 2019
    #568 gmo28, Jul 26, 2020
    ironically that is one of the reasons I love the 2020 911 turbo S...
    understated but a beast....great reliability, daily driver material and can take it to work and not piss off everybody else.

PTG1 likes this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #569 Shadowfax, Jul 26, 2020
    Ferrari gets raked for valid reasons, which is indeed very fair so I wouldn't misconstrue criticism for negativity. That's just being protective for the sake of preserving the BS that's been going on for years. They need to pull their socks up and lose the ego which may have belonged to past achievements in years gone well by.

If they can do better then they should demonstrate that instead of relying upon past achievements. The brand snobbery and elitist egocentric attitude seems to be working counterproductively these days. And it shows in the product.

Bhh likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yeah- that’s a good thing about the Porsche that it is understated but for me it’s priced too high for what it is. Just my opinion that I know not everyone shares.

Coincid and gmo28 like this.
  21. gmo28

gmo28 Rookie

Apr 14, 2019
    I have been seriously considering getting rid of my 997 S and finding a 2020/21 Turbo S....dont want to wait on an order but may look at existing inventory..

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yes but when you look what comes in it standard for the money it's an absolute nick compared to an F8. May not look as dramatic but would be a darn sight more formidable to drive in everyday situations....and probably most other places as well. So credit given where credit is due. The tts gives the stealth and usability yet outperforms more expensive offerings. My last 991tts was the best DD I've ever had. Loved it. I'd like to own another as an addition.

gmo28 likes this.
  23. gmo28

gmo28 Rookie

Apr 14, 2019
    also factoring in the Porsche reliability....basically bulletproof..

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m giving Porsche all the credit. I think they have done a great job with it. I just wouldn’t buy it new and pay 200k plus for it. Just my opinion.

Ash Patel likes this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #575 Shadowfax, Jul 26, 2020
    Sure - and understand that. I too for example would be reluctant to change any of my current cars for one as these days dd duties are often better done in an SUV or something inconspicuous.....leaving the fun driving for cars that are actually serious fun to drive. The world has changed now where DD duties are involved. I see shuffling an extroverted looking car like an F8 around in traffic as being for the birds and peacocks. Not as if you can park it anywhere either. At least with a Tts you could at least park it some places on the road out of your sight. With a Ferrari pretty well forget it unless its parked right under your nose and even then it can be a problem.

I'm pretty sure the next gt3 and rs's are going to prove the bomb for driver engagement. I'm just hoping they sound as good.