488 Pista Values | Page 22 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FHFP

FHFP Rookie

Mar 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    F H
    I dont think you even understood what I wrote. Mclaren dealers are not buying back cars from their clients. What has that got to do with trading it in for a new one? I didn't say anything about trading it in for a new car.
    My Ferrari dealership (or any for that matter) will instantly buy my Ferrari regardless of whether I buy a new car from them or not. Mclaren itself has just had another financial bail out and if you're at all in the performance car market, its common knowledge that their dealers were forced to take more new car allocations than they wanted or can sell. Hence good deals.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I think I did. Whether Ferrari or Mclaren, the dealers are low balling on trades unless it is on a new car. Difference being with McLaren you will still get a discount without a trade. I made this clear in my post perhaps you didnt read it through.

See above. I will also buy your Ferraris or anything else at wholesale or better. No different with McLaren. You are making assertions that are completely off base. It is true that the McLaren dealers took on cars they didnt order which lead to further dissents, no argument there. You are arguing with someone who has experience buying, selling and trading both brands so please leave the rumors to someone else.

I will try and help you once again, both brands depreciate about the same these days, both brands are not doing well in trade ins. McLaren will discount a new car without a trade, Ferrari dealers will over allow on a trade so they can sell the new car at MSRP. What dont you get??? The net is the same.

3. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    My Ferrari dealership was willing to buy back my Ferrari but at a price that was so low it was a non starter. Ultimately, they want to minimize risk and maximize profit. I can not fault them for that but I do not want to be a participant in this process

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The basically what I am saying but some dont get it. Now if you were trading it on a new car that they have they will give you a much better number vs. discounting the new car.

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Dealers are businesses entitled to make money. If your used car is extremely valuable they’ll pay you for it, but not market value. You can’t expect a dealer to give you some sweet heart deal. It would make sense for Mclaren dealers to not rebuy their used cars, they depreciate too fast. Btw, go buy an F8 at $40k above sticker and try to resell it back next week, see what you get.

6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #531 IPO1, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    What the hell are you talking about? McLaren dealers buy McLarens all the time (go look at O'Gara used inventory, look at Charlotte). You may not like price, but if you are buying another Mac, I guarantee you they will buy the car. Front and backside of the deal can be played with.

Take your 488 into a Ferrari dealer--most won't touch it. They will CONSIGN it, but they won't buy it. If you're buying something new, they will screw you on sale price and trade (IF they take your 488...most won't). So stop the wild statements of facts that are far from.

ANY dealer will buy a car--IF the price is right. Period. Take your 488 in for trade and buy a Lusso MSRP. They will be HAPPY to buy it or your 720...and laugh all the way to the bank.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Ferrari dealers in Canada will not take a trade in car that is not a Ferrari. If you wish to trade in another brand towards a Ferrari, they will call the other Canadian dealers of the trade in to attempt to arrange a direct sale of the car to them. The proceeds of that sale will be applied towards the Ferrari purchase which will be at MSRP.

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    What I have been seeing is the numbers of 488 GTB slowly coming down. Our dealer in VIC Australia only has 2 . That's a drastic drop from what it was.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #534 Shadowfax, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    The sad reality is it won't make them any more valuable. There are now so many alternatives available the continuation of a downward trend is inevitable. It's a case where you ask above a certain figure on a 488 and you just won't get a sale, period. The only ones moving are all way below asking. I'm aware of a recent trade on a near new spider where it was bought in at 320. That was a 680+K car new. If I were you I'd hold off and wait for F8's to come onto the used market - trade 488 once used availability on F8 increases and the prices plummet on those. Inevitable. I was looking at a new F8 spider on the showroom floor the other day and the visual difference between the 488 is very marginal imo. They had a Pista on the showroom floor and that popped. Visually no comparison.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/ferrari/488gtb/

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The dealers will buy any car at a price. Just drive your Ferrari down to your dealer today and ask him to write you a cheque for it. Make sure you are sitting down though. And it's real retail sale value is somewhere between 10 and 20k above that figure.

Bundy and Gh21631 like this.
  11. FHFP

FHFP Rookie

Mar 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    F H
    I think we all are aware of what our cars are worth in today market - so not sure what the 101 lesson from some of you is about.
    The thread is about Pista Values - so lets get back to that and not talk about Mclarens and GTBs.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Right. We are just responding to these nonsensical posts but yes let's move on. Let's post about Pistas losing 200k for the dreamers.

Shadowfax likes this.
  13. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Yup, exactly. The trend will continue with the Pista.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Evidently everyone in UK who wanted a Pista ,got one.

According to the guy behind Collecting Cars ,whose family are franchised dealers .

15. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Agreed. I also prefer the coupes for the reasons that you mentioned. Nevertheless, many owners don’t think that way and will prefer the spider as seen in previous models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bundy likes this.
  16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I wouldn’t doubt it. There’s not much Ferrari exclusivity left outside the occasional LE Aperta models. This new paradigm is reflected in the softening residuals. Markets are very efficient at reflecting supply and demand. It’s a shame to witness in a way. Exclusivity has been an integral part of the Ferrari mystique for decades.

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    As a circuit breaker. Socal and Gh surprise result. 10.1 Maybe Porsche is fudging is hp numbers now. Watch from 2.10.

Thecadster likes this.
  18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Porsche always underrates on the TTS. I found the 4S I test drove last week quite slow, though.

19. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    It’s remarkable how things changed. April 2019 I was put on a waiting list for an F8 and advised that all Pista allocations were sold out. April 2020 I purchased one. There is 25 on the market today.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I saw that, the TTS gets out of the box very fast.

21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Saw it. Porsche is fast! Not my cup of tea to dump that much money into the Porsche to have it look like every other Porsche but props to it on the speed.

22. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Could be the arrival of the trades from a Pista to a Pista Spider for the 25 on the market. Doubt people are trading Pistas for F8, but maybe for an 812 Spider.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. AWD for the win!

At least from 0-60.

24. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I would say the bulk of the Pista's on the market today are the result of an opportunistic speculative purchase which basically hasn't lived up to the hyped expectation. Too many produced in an already crowded market for any material premiums to be sustained.

Coincid likes this.
  25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In Canada, 3 Pistas for sale going $135K - $150K over asking. Been this way for months.