488 Pista Values | Page 20 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Good to see you having a different outlook on Mclaren. 765 will be an epic car. Timing didn’t work out for me but then again I love my 720 so I’ll settle for that for the time being.

As far as roof scoop, I would soec it and get the car in a darker color and no carbon. But totally get that the scoop is difficult to justify.

2. jaywo

jaywo Rookie

Jul 4, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    John Watson
    2 words...... Ferrari Genuine

3. jaywo

jaywo Rookie

Jul 4, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    John Watson
    "only" 1520 examples ..... it's a Mclaren, guaranteed depreciation. 675LT "only" 1000 examples, now half price and still falling..... Apart from the obvious 2 models, Mclaren do not hold value in any way whatsoever, LT or non LT..... fantastic cars, I own a 675 LT, but it's worth half what I paid for it...... luckily I can afford the hit and it doesn't bother me, I enjoy the car for what it is..... but if really think 765LT will have semblance of "value" then you're smoking..... yes it will be the quickest car on the road...... so ?? does that mean it should retain its value ??? nope, it's a Mclaren

Thecadster and Jo Sta7 like this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Which brand doesn't have depreciation? Also the 765LT will likely be the last of its kind and with hyper car performance and looks. Depreciation will be slow but it will be there but likely to flatten out. The higher MSRP cars much like the Pista will take an initial hit. It does seem to be in high demand and I bet once they are driven and word gets out a lot more people will be interested.

For the 675, IMO it is one of the best deals out there and I can see it going back up over time.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #480 Shadowfax, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Meaning??

I'm struggling to see what your point is? Are you saying the Ferrari will depreciate less? Hasn't shown to be the case on 488 where 720 held better. The days of cars holding value are long gone anyway so no point crying over your 675 losing half - which is pretty good considering its age now. 765 will be even more brilliant. Buy it and enjoy it while you can. And on depreciation it will hold up better than any of these new Ferrari hybrids. Those things are basically disposable cars.

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Well, my Ford GT has held value and I see demand being consistent in the years to come. My former 82 BBi and current GT continue to show promise. I go through cars frequently. My prior Scud´s delta on sale did not fair well but I got two years of enjoyment. In these days of uncertainly,buy a car you think you will enjoy within the context that there is no return on investment.

italiafan likes this.
  7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think the 765LT will be a great performer but chasing speed is irrelevant anymore. The electric super cars in 10 years will put any car made today to shame from a speed standpoint. What I don’t like about the new LT is that it looks like a 720S with a body kit. The 675 LT is still the best looking car Mclaren has ever made.

8. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I had some trouble with one opener on my 2018 488 and am very glad to report on my 2020 812, every opener programed very quickly and accurately!!

wrs and SoCal to az like this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

BBI's have come way down recently but depending on when you bought it you are likely in good shape. The GT's from 2005 have done well - pretty much flat but there are deals out there if you really look hard. Same for the Scud and 16M, they are down from their highs but who knows they may pop again. I like all of them.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Were you able to eventually get it programmed? I have a liftmaster opener but prior to that a Chamberlain which did have some issues with some of the handheld remotes. I think one of the frustrating things for people with older Ferraris is that the manual gives a procedure and it doesn't work. Eventually you have to buy a bridge for certain openers. The homelink site gives a good table for which cars are compatible with which lifters and which ones need the bridge. Of course none of that is in any Ferrari manual.

Bundy likes this.
  11. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    The liftmaster (older) at the gate of our ski lake was the one that would not program with the 488 but my 812 was quick and accurate. Very thankful that we received a great update with Homelink

wrs likes this.
  12. FHFP

FHFP Rookie

Mar 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    F H
    Agree with you on the Hybrid point - and Pistas values will go strong once its confirmed no VS F8.

13. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    I think Pista Spiders is the glaring threat to Pista holding value. Once more and more Pista Spiders get delivered and begin becoming available in the used market, high-end Pista buyers will have a very attractive alternative. As a result, there could be less demand for high-priced Pista coupes driving overall values down. It might take a bit of time as I don’t expect a lot of Pista Spiders to be available but current economic conditions might speed that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You mean like every other convertible version of a v8 Ferrari?

Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  15. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Some of us “high-end Pista buyers” were offered a Spider and still chose the Coupe. Pluses include the visible engine & lack of cowl shake (still significant in these non-CF tubs). Not every enthusiast is enamored with recent Ferrari convertible styling, although the Pista Spider is admittedly better than the 812 GTS.

16. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Exactly.

458 SA was truly a limited production car, unlike the Pista Spider, which was "limited to the production run", just like a 2005 Toyota Camry.

The cowl shake on my 488 spider was the main reason I never went back to Spiders. Never owned a 458, but was told it was worse. Inexcusable when your biggest competition hasn't had this issue for years now at this price point.

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m not a convertible fan. I prefer coupes. Was not offered a spider but even if I was, I’d buy a coupe.

Jo Sta7, racerdj and Bundy like this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #494 Shadowfax, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Agree on the speed - any extra is not necessary for those who drive. These cars are way to fast as it is. Disagree on the rest though. 675 is old hat now next to a 765 which is why its now dropped. It's still a good car for what it is but 765 will be a ton better to drive and looks a LOT better. No comparison. I'd also take a 600lt any day of the week over a 675 as it looks better and goes better which is yet another reason why interest and resale values have dropped for 675. 675 is an old car now and is starting to look it. Mclaren have moved a long way forward since then. Looks wise it would be like someone saying they prefer the look of a 458 over a Pista :rolleyes:.

19. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Base car so not far off from MSRP + decent miles and 3 years old. Fair price.

21. FHFP

FHFP Rookie

Mar 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    F H
    Quite right. I think the guys who went crazy on their spec (£340K) are likely to hurt a little if they panic sell. I think any Pista listed sub £300k won't do too bad even if any downward trend continues. It would also need a Speciale to drop to £200K and I don't see anyone jumping out of those for such silly money.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I disagree (arguing over aesthetics is pointless but oh well!) here. Mclaren on both the 600 and 765 just stuck area bits on the car. A tuner could have designed them. Ferrari integrated the aero onto the 488 for the Pista which made it so good looking.

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Car registered in Nov./ 2018. This is a 2019 ( as there are no 2018) and is 1.5 years old.

Ash Patel, dustman and 09Scuderia like this.
  24. FHFP

FHFP Rookie

Mar 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    F H
    I love cars - performance or otherwise. I appreciate and recognise the amazing accomplishments in engineering and creativity to take them from a paper sketch to reality - Mclaren being one of them. However, I've never found Mclarens appealing. Ive also not been remotely interested in wanting to drive one - barring the F1. That's probably because I'm from the generation when it first came out and set the benchmark.
    I admit P1 and now the 765LT do look pretty. Ferrari's dont have all the wings and until the Pista, one didn't see any crazy colours from the factory either. But, a Ferrari is a Ferrari!

MANDALAY likes this.