488 Pista Values | Page 15 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    What if the long game is the FUV and hybrids and the short game are the LE's? Then can play games by sector to limit overall risk.

PTG1 likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If you have a limited edition every year, it’s no longer limited.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    It would be limited by quantity for a particular model and not a ratio of all cars produced. You can have as many VS as will sell but the LE would stretch. People buy the VS to get the LE so it works for them. Bottom line get met by the utility vehicles for the masses.

4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That is lamborghinis model.

Aventador s
    Then Aventador SV
    Then Aventador SVJ
    Then Aventador 63

people are getting tired of those games. That’s a short term strategy and I don’t see Ferrari doing it.

Caeruleus11 and Gh21631 like this.
  5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Perhaps but with the FUV the long game is protected and the VS and LE cycles can be tested. No guarantee on cycles.

6. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I don't think it is that they are locked out, it's just we are commenting that values are likely to be affected, nothing more

7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

F8 will be going minimum 3 years 2020 ,2021,2022. LB wont be in a hurry to be released.
    Do you think the Pista is the VS of the 488 GTB ? I don't I think its it own car. When you think of it why not a Pista VS.

IMO, SF 90 sales will be crap , LB is a V6 and the F8 is the last V8. Im just saying . Im not trying or wanting to create any negativity at all. I was just told they will. It could just be BS.

As far as bags I know , I know but I have to accept my missus toys also

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure I follow you here. Ferrari has been very open about the Pista being the VS of the 488. The name alone pretty much says it all. Ferrari 488 Pista, it's not just the Ferrari Pista. Also I know for a fact that the Pista was the 488 VS internally during its development.

SF90 sales crap? How so? They are pretty much sold out. Maybe not in Australia, but good luck getting an allocation here in Europe, the US, UK or Asia. The taxes does of course cause the SF90 to be extremely expensive in Australia, so that might impact your local market. But then again that's no different than my country, and my local dealer which is one of the largest in Europe got rid of all allocations within a month, and they got a substantial lot. Not sure how you can say sales will be crap when allocations were ripped off the shelf and people are on waiting lists hoping someone backs out because allocations are nowhere to be found.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Precisely. Ferrari does one thing better than anyone - supply and demand ratio calculation. If they went out and "overdid" the VS/LE thing, we are looking at a much more frightening model, namely the disastrous McLaren business model. Putting out an F8 VS would be the worst thing, because while they would sell, it would end up affecting the used car market, resulting in people buying more used Pistas and used F8's, rather than new F8's as prices come down. Additionally when used prices drop, many will also shy away from purchasing new, simply because the depreciation gets too crazy.

Caeruleus11, SoCal to az and Gh21631 like this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

If the Pista is / was the 488 VS why the enormous numbers ?. We are in July and they are still being delivered. Yes the Covid 19 but that also might change a few things. The first F8 has just been delivered here, Everything is delayed.

You know the F8 was done because of the delay in LB and now with the covid even more delay.

Yes Australia the SF 90 at around 1.2 Million dollars it wont move that fast . Order what you want right now. Its a bit of a SXXT when more than $400,000 is tax

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Define enormous numbers. 700-800 Spiders and between 2000-2500 hardtops. That's not much different than the Speciale. you don't think they only did 499 458SA's do you? 600-650 is what is currently being tossed around. Speciales is around the same 2000 number as the Pista, so there's that.
    Additionally, I've personally seen documents sent to dealers where it was called 488 VS, and I've spoken to Maranello reps who has also called it that prior to its launch.

Yes, I'm aware of the delay, but it was also to better compete with the 720S - a bit of both one could say.

MANDALAY, Caeruleus11, BCHOW and 2 others like this.
  12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Another good example is, despite what you think of their recent quality, does Patek ever produce too many examples of a watch? No. Ferrari is this smart, as So Cal said. But shareholders are relentless. It’s a balance.

SoCal to az and PTG1 like this.
  13. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #363 IPO1, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Sure they do. A 5711 blue no. A Calatrava or ladies quartz junk--can buy them by the handful. But will save that debate for watch thread. Ferrari has plenty of cars they cannot sell as well--go look at dealers. Lusso or Portofino anyone. Roma more your flavor...

As to VS who knows--I personally doubt it. But as mentioned it's not what anyone thinks, unless you are a shareholder.

Ash Patel likes this.
  14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I believe the F8 and Pista should have been reversed in their introduction. The F8 is the natural evolution of the 488 and is the genuine competitor to the 720S. The F8 would have been universally applauded with no comparison to another Ferrari in its class. The Pista should have then followed as an authetic limited production, track focused model. Pista would then not be subject to depreciation but likely appreciation, F8 buyers, most of whom would not have been offered a Pista, would remain content with their purchase and everyone in Ferrariland would still have a smile on their collective faces.

15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Isn't this already starting to happen, from want I see it seems to be although lots of buyers still buying new

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You're bang on.

Coincid likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Are you telling me the Pista is not the VS version of the 488? That makes zero sense. Its called the 488 Pista. And as was already stated, SF90 is sold out. I asked for an allocation and nope. They dont have one to offer.

And if the F8 runs through 2022, then the F8VS is a 2023 model? And the Little Brother is a 2024 model? The V8 hybrid in the SF90 is released in 2020 and the V6 version comes out 4 years later????

None of this makes any sense.

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agree. The F8 was a last minute addition cause the little brother wasn't ready. Now we are being told that little brother v6 hybrid wont be out till 2024. We go from not quite ready to a 4 year delay.

F8 is the last of the non hybrid V8 versions.
    Pista is the last of the V8 VS versions.

19. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    They already did a Pista VS = Pista Piloti

Solid State and SoCal to az like this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    exactly- so now they are going to do a VVS for the 488. lol.

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Apart from the fact that they did not really plan (but rather reacted to circumstances), they would have needed to put a lot more engineering effort on the Pista to make it stand out - a lot of the marketing of the Pista was based on features that are standard on the F8 but were new compared to the 488... and then they would have had to manage the GPF on the Pista, too.

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The Pista Piloti is not a VS, it's an LE - so it's the 488 VS LE ;)

MANDALAY likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Interesting. In my country a VVS car would be a plumbers car...
    Anyhow, I'd say the Piloti is the LE version, rather than VS:)

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    LE
    VS
    Special Edition.

It already is stupid enough. We dont need Ferrari to go full tard and mimic Lamborghini and make more special editions. It takes away from their regular production cars which one can argue are already special.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You mean you don't want a Ferrari 488 Pista Piloti Aperta 90 Anniversary Finale Tributo? I'm sure if they make the font small enough, it can all fit on the dash lol:p