AUS - F430 - 3M and Race Stripe Removal Recommendations | FerrariChat

AUS F430 - 3M and Race Stripe Removal Recommendations

Discussion in 'Texas' started by VAF84, Jul 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Hey guys, I've been heavily considering having someone remove the black racing stripe down the middle of my F430. Almost considering doing it myself. Unfortunately it runs under the 3M protective film, so that would have to go too. Probably a good thing since it's been on there a while and it's starting to yellow. My concerns are having some paint come off during removal, and the potential for the paint that was previously covered being visibly different from the other areas.

Any thoughts or recommendations on this work or on a quality place with competitive pricing primarily the central Texas (Austin) or potentially the Houston area? Something tells me there's a high likelihood this will require some paint touch ups.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I had Xpel remove an old layer of PPF with no issues. They got it off in an hour, it was yellowed. Paint was intact after removal.

I think I’d probably take it to Authentic Details and let them have a look. They can probably give the best answers.

https://www.authenticdetails.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VAF84 and Justicepool like this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks for the tip Bob, I’ll give them a call.