430 - Whom makes the best F430 exhaust headers sound wise ? | FerrariChat

430 Whom makes the best F430 exhaust headers sound wise ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Jul 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I have Capristo and love them

2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Fabspeed is the best.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  3. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I'm sorry, but so many people claim their exhaust mods make their car "sound like an F1 car", but I never hear it. Makes me wonder if they've ever heard an actual F1 car, or if they're referring to something that predates that last three decades of F1?

4. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    There are a few cars with our full exhaust package, some claim that it does indeed sound like an F1 vehicle but that's "in the ears of the beholder" as they may say.

SummitLife out in Park City Utah have a good video on the F430 with revs/drivebys as well as JR Garage who were at our shop getting the exhaust built and installed.

Different sound perspectives on both!

VAF84 likes this.
  5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Hadn’t planned on buying Fabspeed headers when I purchased my F430, but glad I did. Very happy with the sound. I have no other aftermarket parts, just have the vacuum hoses disconnected to keep the valves open.

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Always been a fan of the Kriessiegg sound, I have no personal experience with them, I have Tubi.
    . 360

. 430

7. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have Fabspeed headers and absolutely love the sound and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    No system compares to a NA f1 engine....V12/v10/v8 .
    But to get a similar sound you need to run straight pipes. ......and I don't mean high flow cats or x pipe mufflers. I mean straight exhaust flow from the headers to the exit without any restriction. The term "straight pipe" by idiot youtubers are misused. NO high flow cats, no x-pipe configurations....etc. Most people can't tolerate the loud, consistent volume.

The best sounding high pitch sound going through a X configuration is the S-line. This is the only option with the S-line. It has no valves..... It sounds great. I have some dislikes about it but I almost went with it.

I have the Kline system. The Kline is similar to the S-line if you don't run a primary and secondary cats. It's because it does not run through the X configuration but bypasses it through the valves by opening and closing. So it will have the closest "straight pipe" configuration but does have restrictions when the flow is re-routed to another bigger open pipe so I wouldn't even call this a straight pipe set up. When the Kline runs through the X pipe ...it is really quiet...unlike the S-line.

I can only compare these two because I haven't had any experiences with the others. From what I've heard the Capristo and the Fabspeed exhaust has more of a deep tone. The IPE and Kreissieg sound great as well.

I'm sure freshmeat will be in here soon to give his $0.2 about the S-line .

f355spider and Eric C like this.
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Perhaps we should list ALL of the headers available for the F430.

10. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

I have AP headers and stock exhaust.... sounds quiet with the valves closed, but more throaty with the valves open. I assume the Fabspeed would be similar. Way easier to install than the Capristo... unless they changed their design.

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Capristo is a pain in the ass to install.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    4-1 design list:

Agency Power
    Fabspeed
    Topspeed
    Supersprint
    Kline
    Kreissieg
    Brilliant
    Powercraft
    Nouvalari

4-2-1 design:

Capristo
    Tubi

Not sure:

Larini

Robb likes this.
  13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #13 freshmeat, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    For headers the 4-1 config will deliver a higher pitched shrill than a 4-2-1. Kline is a 4-2-1 from what I recall on my SS purchase, unless they now have a 4-1 option?

Also worth noting is the material. Different grades and types of metal have different resonance, and overall SS offers a higher pitched note while inconel delivers a deeper note in comparison. As discussed in other threads, different ppl prefer different pitches/notes and so choose accordingly ie high pitched 4-1 SS, muscle car deep 4-2-1 inconel.

Either configs will deliver a comparable increase in decibel volume ie one isn’t louder than the other.

I have not tried Nouvalari, Brilliant, Agency Power, Topspeed or Supersprint headers on the Scuderia, but the rest I have and can unequivocally say Kreissieg (race option) and Powercraft 4-1 SS headers will deliver the highest pitched note of the bunch with all other things being equal ie cats and xpipe are constant.

Another note worth mentioning is I primarily chased sound not performance, so cannot say which will give you the most performance. I only dyno’d my full Capristo and Kreissieg setup, gains were similar throughout the rev band.

IPE should also be added to the 4-1 list.

Also, because the base F430 has 4 exhaust exits, the sound will be different than the 2 trumpets on a Scuderia. F430 is actually slightly louder and a throatier.

Sline does NOT make headers that I’m aware of...so not sure what flea7 is on about.

In pursuit of comparing sounds, the best way to compare is really with iPhone videos because everyone has an iPhone and so you know there is less likely a variance in recording setup / post editing manipulation ie apples to apples comparison.

ShineKen and VAF84 like this.
  14. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #14 mwstewart, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    I have Capristo (4-2-1) manifolds and cats on my current car but I much prefer the sound and power delivery of the Top Speed 4-1 on my previous car. The Capristo setup has a lower, quieter tone, and the power delivery is more linear. The 4-2-1 had a very raw sound and more fireworks at the top end of the rev range.

From a power perspective the best headers bar none are Supersprint and always have been. They make the most power and are the most well made, but also the most expensive. They are on my to-do list.

I think most of the 4-1 manifolds sound good, especially combined with 200 or 100 cell cats, but other key points to note are the difference between F430 and Scuderia - for obvious reasons - and between MY05-MY06 and MY07 onwards due to engine changes.

Tackleberry and Flea7 like this.
  15. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I'm pretty sure people understood I wasn't talking about headers.

16. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Worth noting the 430's 4 exhaust pipes actually only have 2 in play at any 1 time. Inside pipes when valves closed and outside pipes when valves are open.

17. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Has anyone heard the the new fiamme nghi Engineering header system?

18. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I find this very interesting, I don't have the stock muffler on my car. Why wouldn't it just be 2 when valves are closed and 4 when open? There aren't 4 valves but two.

19. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Valves are on the 2 big outer pipes. With valves open the muffler is completely bypassed. When closed gasses are diverted up through the muffler and down and out through the 2 smaller inner pipes.

20. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    I love my Capristo set up. Looks like you found my video

At the end of day, any exhaust you put on a F430 will make it sound amazing. Actually, a stock F430 sounds fantastic. Compared to the modern stuff...no competition. Obviously it doesn’t sound exactly like an F1 car, what street car does? So enjoy whatever you have and embrace the NA Ferrari V8!

efg2014 likes this.
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  22. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I have the Stainless Kreisseig exhaust with Agency Power header. It sounds pretty much the same as that second video you posted. High pitched. My friends like to call it "F1" but it's no where near the pitch or decibel of a real F1. Probably no public road going car out there close to a real F1. It is very loud but a fun loud. Cruising 80mph at near 4K rpm on the highway next to a concrete barrier/wall is awesome.

E60 M5 likes this.
  23. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
  24. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Exactly my initial thought. But they said it “looks” 4-1 because of the inconel shield, but it’s really 4-2-1.

25. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Nope 4-1. Unless its a very long 4-2 and a very very short 2-1.