360 - need new shocks... any new info out there? | FerrariChat

360 need new shocks... any new info out there?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Performify, Jul 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Performify

Performify Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    spent a good deal of time digging through the archives before posting.

took the car in to have it lowered and aligned today on the factory coilovers and found that unfortunately a rear shock is blown. very little resistance when pushed. must have missed it on the PPI.

i am sitting at a bit over 33k mi for the record.

looking at options -- even the lowest possible price if I go factory new and refresh all four corners is going to be $8,500 (eurospares) and that's just for shocks. For about $2k less I can get KW (Novitec) coils... for about the same price as the four factory shocks i can get the KW coils with the hydraulic lift kit to raise the front end 1.75 inches (45mm)...

i have seen rebuild services advertised but i've also found mixed messages on the long term reliability of rebuilt shocks, including from my tech.

Any thoughts / advice from the board? The archives had very little info on anyone upgrading to coilovers or addressing this issue.

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    There are several here who have upgraded to coil overs, I think they were generally happy with them. Maybe they will chime in here.

Performify likes this.
  3. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There are plenty of used units for sale which are normally a low risk purchase because the shocks are very well made, high quality units that mostly last a long time (unlike modern Ferraris).

I dont know of any companies who specifically rebuild them but that could be due to the rarity of failure rather than a technical constraint.

imahorse and Performify like this.
  4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    brogenville likes this.
  5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name: