Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 187 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The problem with these automotive journalists is that most can’t even afford to own the car: They wrote the same crap About the Pista.

Ignore them. The F8 is a fantastic machine and this writer would give his left nut to own one if he actually had the means.

elmadi, OSUferrari, stavura and 2 others like this.
  2. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    The decision about buying a car should not be based on the opinion of a journalist

elmadi and Boomhauer like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Review Headline-“ Ferrari F8 Tributo-Great Car To Drive- Disappointing To Hear.”

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think you’re referring to a car and driver article and every else is referring to a new road and track one that I haven’t yet read.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Road and Track - April 28/20

6. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Novitec springs.

mdrums likes this.
  7. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    Can be ordered in Carbon.

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    During a Ferrari Club meeting at Le Mans Ferrari provided test cars (with the famous Italian L4 license plates) for testing on the track (Bugatti circuit) and on the road.
    So I could drive one on the track, and compare with my 488 (I do not really know this track, so in both cases I was even slower than what my limited skills allow).
    Actually I was surprised that the power difference was less noticeable than during my previous road test a few weeks ago - on the track, the hint was that I seemed to be always one gear higher with the F8 than with the 488.
    A funny thing is that the Ferrari driving coaches have a kind of refreshing candor - I was told that the F8 is not a big step forward compared to the 488, unlike the 488 compared to the 458 (this is also my feeling, but probably not the best selling pitch...)
    This being said, I still think the F8 is an improvement over the 488 on all metrics (except the trunk size, because it's reduced by the S-duct...); the monetary cost of the upgrade is a drawback for me (I do not have unlimited money - far from that actually - so I have to look at what I get for the money I spend).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, Melvok, of2worlds and 5 others like this.
  9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Most angles I find the F8 stunning but certain angles the front is odd, like a woman who got too much collagen injected into her top lip.

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #4660 Coincid, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    The article in the August issue is a slightly revised version by the same writer who posted his article on April 28/20 online. Headline in the current issue is " The Ferrari F8 Tributo offers screaming performance with a wimper."

90% of the review is obsessed with the sound which he tries to explain from many different perspectives yet fails to even mention the efficacy of the interior tubes designed to enhance the sound into the cockpit. One of the least edifying car reviews I have had the displeasure of reading both online and in the magazine.

italiafan and kenguru like this.
  11. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I'll refrain from commenting on the F8 (I may end up with one some day), but the latter condition does not age very well.....

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I might end up too, doesn’t change my opinion on the matter. I’m sure in the flesh that opinion would change.

wthensler likes this.
  13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    stavura, cardinas, of2worlds and 7 others like this.
  14. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lol

16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I agree but didn’t see the option for stripes when I spec’d mine?

17. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Drove the F8 Spider on Saturday and loved it. In regards to the upper bonnet insert in matt black, it is simply an impression in the hood that is painted black. Without it the impression is painted body color. The yellow car I drove had it in matt black and it looked fine. Most all the cars there Pista, etc. had it in matt black. Attached are a few pics showing the bonnet insert as well as the titanium wheel bolts and exhaust.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, cardinas, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  19. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    I believe Grigio Silverstone although the lighting conditions of the photos makes it a little darker.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  20. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    9nb and jim g like this.
  21. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Mine is not in build so I'll ask them when I pop into the showroom in a couple of weeks