430 - Are Fabspeed Exhaust Headers made in Taiwan ? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

430 Are Fabspeed Exhaust Headers made in Taiwan ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #76 RichardCH, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    "I have to say that i don't understand why Fabspeed doesn't just say outright whether they do or don't import completed header assemblies. Honesty is important. Very important. I noticed on their very first reply in this thread that they said a lot but conspicuously avoided answering the original question."

Indeed radio silence from Fabspeed, it would be all fine if they just amended what they say on their website that "ALL our products are made in Fort Washington" instead of just thinking that we are all stupid .... but besides that Fabspeed charge premium prices and most clients would want a premium product, not one that they potentially bought for circa $500 and simply resold for $3,500

brogenville likes this.
  2. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Picking at the same thing for years likely won't change it. Fabspeed could probably care less about this line of thinking.....and I agree with them.

I don't disclose my suppliers to my customers. Some of my suppliers are in China and Taiwan. Not surprisingly they advertise copies of what we custom order on Alibaba and AliExpress. Why? Because they can. Once they are setup to process our orders/designs....nothing stops them from making more and selling them. You lose your Righteous indignation pretty quickly when you outsource manufacturing to the Far East.....just ask Apple or any other US company.

Usually we can cut a deal on new manufacturing to require an "after order" minimum order quantity that raises the bar but the real effort has already been done and paid for. If you want a "goat rope" buy a 100 of their headers and sell them yourself. What you will find is that at least 70% of them are out of standard and would not pass Fabspeed's or any other manufacturers controls. Since you didn't provide the specs they manufacture to .....you get to live with what they ship you at that price.....holes that don't match, returns, blemishes in the finish, bad welds and the list goes on.

There is material overhead in managing the offshore manufacturing process and ensuring that the product works on a customer's car especially if you did the design work. Despite your righteous indignation.....it is their business and you don't have to buy anything from them.....pretty sure they wouldn't sell you anything at this point and neither would I.

Try giving the Taiwan company a call when your new headers don't fit the car.

3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Totally understand, but do you advertise that all your products are made in the US? Personally I don't care where the products are made, but if I purchase based upon the fact that these were manufactured in the US (as I did, and on their website), I would expect that. For any Apple products, I know they were designed here but manufactured in China. That is ok with me.

For my headers, I think I got one of the 70% that you referenced.

4. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think you missed the point. The point is one needs to be honest with customers. If you are not honest about one thing, you cannot be relied on to be honest about anything. The should make a statement that says either "We make all our products here, period" or "We import some of our products, we apologize about the misinformation on our website, and we will be correcting that information". It seems so simple and obvious to me.

brogenville likes this.
  6. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Indeed it does but that might leave Fabspeed facing a Class Action lawsuit from Clients for the last 10 years

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Just like your radio silence on sharing your true motivation on putting 1 vendor on blast across multiple sub-domains on a 10-year long campaign, all the while consistently spamming promotion for Kline products, as fragile as their products are.

You have never purchased or installed any of the aforementioned Fabspeed products right?

8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I have bought multiple Fabspeed products over the last 20 years, the last was a set of Cats for my f430 which created a CEL and then Fabspeed were happy to sell me a set of 90 degree O2 extenders, which you could not install without removing the Cats themselves as they had not thought about the 90 degree angle which didnt clear the gearbox, uber stupid, like their strengthened gearbox U bold clamps

A class action lawsuit for those 10 years of misrepresentation could be $10 mio+

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    You did? Interesting, mind sharing a link to a post/pictures? I searched and couldn't find anything.

Is there a huge difference between Scud and F430 gearbox coz when I tried Fabspeed once upon a time, I did not see any of the issues you outlined, esp in regards to the O2 extenders. For the 1,000+ miles Fabspeed headers and cats were on my Scuderia, I had zero CELs or any other issues.

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    ask Fabspeed to check their records, I have not changed my name, you seem to be lost here as a desperate Fabspeed supporter, when they dont even defend themselves, LOL- Looks like a Class Action lawsuit to me unless they pipe up soon

11. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Yes....I understand the point.

After years of raising the same issue....can you accept that they simply aren't going to change their website regardless of the "shame" tactics that are used? It is their website and their successful company. You can choose to be a customer or not. Requiring them to change anything to meet "what you think they should do" is just absurd.

JCaspar likes this.
  12. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Try gas welding first and you will find it an easier transformation. Some of the latest machines have a few tricks up their sleeve for thin metal, mine is fine on steels but does not do aluminum.

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Until Fabspeed have a $10 mio Class action lawsuit for misrepresentation, coming soon ..

14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Why should I be calling them? And why am I a "desperate Fabspeed supporter" when I've shared over the course of 10 yrs on fchat many different brands/products I've actually bought and tried. I don't even have Fabspeed on any of my cars right now...so I have zero motive here other than to find what what your own motives really are.

I just want to understand it...you've been on this relentless rant for 10 years, it's remarkable!

So, let me get this straight, you are putting them on blast so you can make a case for a lawsuit?

15. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    If you can't spell misrepresentation.....you might have a hard time substantiating your Claims. ;) Threatening legal action on a public forum also can be considered Tortious Interference if you don't follow through with valid Claims. Frankly, 10 years of bashing a company with no legal action......I'm surprised they haven't served you with a Cease and Desist Order. That shows some serious restraint on their part.

16. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #91 RichardCH, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Until Fabspeed have a $10 mio Class action lawsuit for misrepresentation, coming soon ..

It seems to be spelled correctly no ? happily waiting for the cease or desist order or Fabspeed to say anything at all .... it certainly doesn't look good

& a cease or desist order is not exactly the best way to defend your brand !

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    RichardCH was one of the first to rock the Kline system on his Scud way before Kline started becoming popular for the F430. Did he get some type of discount for being one of the first if not the first? Probably. Is he invested in Kline in any other way? Most likely not.

I believe he sold his Kline system. Sold the car. Has OEM "sport" exhaust components on his F430 Spider and has made it known here he feels this OEM sport system is good enough. He doesn't even have any Kline parts on his car now.

Just my 2 cents.

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    My guess... Fabspeed is buying header components from Jim and welding it here in the U.S. That's what I would do to keep an eye on quality control and keep Jim/overseas companies from backdooring the product.

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    "ALL our products are made in Fort Washington"

If Fabspeed buys flanges, collectors, and pre-bent SS tubes to F430 spec and welds everything together here, is that good enough to be considered "made in U.S.A" ?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Probably yes.

21. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What I think they should do?? I don't really have a dog in this race, but when in the hell is telling the truth something that only I think they should do? This sure is a different world we live in now.

22. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA

23. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’ve installed fabspeed products on multiple Ferrari’s and my Aston Martin so I am commenting as a customer. I buy other products as well, Capristo, Tubi, etc.

I’ve been to their factory and seen them building 100% brand new products from scratch in their facility on their own jigs from US marked steel for multiple car brands. I’ve also seen their R&D Dept and what they create there.

They have always been up front that they source some parts and non-completed pieces from other countries in Europe and others in Asia. Bottom line is that they own what they produce, guarantee it, and service any issues that arise. If they fail to take care of their customers, you’ll hear plenty about it.

This question first came up on 355 headers. They’ve been straight forward on their processes for many years.

I don’t see why you are on 24-7 on every channel for this subject and pulling together Congressional hearings... It really seems to hurt your credibility, unfortunately. No company can build anything it seems in the world economy today without a supporting cast of expertise or efficiency. Ferrari isn’t 100% made it Italy. Porsche isn’t 100% made in Germany. And Harley Davidson‘s, Corvette’s or Ford F-150’s aren't 100% made in the USA either. But they say Made In “xxxxx” and the governments are good with it. Good to go for me.

Buy their products or don’t. Comment on if their products work for you or if they don’t. That would be constructive and likely help Fabspeed continually improve their products for all of us.

Robb

Image Unavailable, Please Login

freshmeat, Skidkid, SRLC716 and 3 others like this.
  24. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I was a customer. I was told that the product was within tolerance. Nothing was guaranteed and no service was provided. After I posted in the forum, I got a call and offered free wall art. I guess now you are hearing plenty about it from me.

Below are excerpts from my receipt that I shared with Fabspeed.

25. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    "Bottom line is that they own what they produce, guarantee it, and service any issues that arise. If they fail to take care of their customers, you’ll hear plenty about it"

Sure Robb but when is comes to F430 & Porsche 964 RSR exhaust headers at least and probably 355 headers currently, they don't produce it, Fabspeed potentially import the whole item cheaply (except maybe the Fabspeed name plate) and simply resell it. The inability of Fabspeed to represent themselves on this thread speaks volumes unfortunately.....