Ferrari Service: Arena Motors | FerrariChat

Ferrari Service: Arena Motors

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by ag512bbi, Jul 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    #1 ag512bbi, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2020
    Just want to do a shout out to Steve Arena at Arena Motors in Costa Mesa. He is a one man show, well experienced Ferrari/ Italian cars technician that has been servicing and restoring a lot of my Ferraris. Actually, 4 years ago he started with servicing & restoring my 25th. Countach's engine bay. Since then he has done a Major on my 550, engine out on my 512M, Carb work to my Daytona and most recently a complete engine service/restoration to my 512 BBi. (photos below of my BBi). My 288 will be next to get a full service/Engine & Suspension restoration.
    Plus he has a new facility.
    If any of you need either quick work or a full service, I would recommend him.
    Steve - (714) 587-8282
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mirek, Red 27, Mmckee and 1 other person like this.
  2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  5. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Armen,

Many remember Steve when he had a shop in NJ as well. He used to work on my 308GTB. I hope his new shop will do great.

ag512bbi likes this.
  6. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Bumping this old thread -

Unfortunately guys i hate to be the bearer of bad news but Steve passed away about a month ago- I've had my Ferrari serviced there a few times and he was a very knowledgable mechanic, and a nice guy..definitely a loss to his family and the automotive community- RIP Steve

FYI: Steve had an apprentice named Angel that worked at his shop, young guy but very talented and has a great work ethic, i think Angel will be taking on the operation or branching out on his own.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    For Sure. Angel is GREAT and will continue to work on my cars.

Tarek307 likes this.
  8. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Hello Sir, didnt you and you father own a dealership in NB ? I remember your first name, and If I recall, you not only had that beautiful 288 and BBi , but you also had an F40 , all parked inside on the beautiful marble floor . I used to come by and you would take the time to talk with me, I still remember drooling over all your Ferraris, it was in the late 90s early 2000s . When I saw the photo of your 288 / BBi in your garage, I said thats got to be the guy !!!

Big G

9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yes. That was me. 1998-2003. Newport Autosport. Saw some cars come and go since then.
    I do regret selling my F40 but made up for it many different ways.
    Good memory.

TestShoot, ginoBBi512 and OCKlasse like this.
  10. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I just heard about Steves passing.
    Here on the East Coast he was a friend & mechanic. I was sad to see him leave to the left coast.
    He took care of my 308 & 355
    Anybody have any more information on his passing? He was way to young a vital.
    Anybody have a # to Angels shop? Perhaps he can give me a little more information.